Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning nest!

I'm having a nice AF stay at my Moms. It's funny that when I'm not in my normal environment the thoughts mostly go away! Thankfully my Mom has never been a drinker so we have been sipping sparkling water and having a great time.

Daisy - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Sending you a big hug.

Welcome back Gertrued and Welcome Blue!

Juja, Lav, Hill and Nelz - great to hear from you and all to come!

Have a great AF day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

One more thing, Blue, I agree with Nelz, you will probably lose weight from stopping the AL alone. However not everyone does. (Some of us love sweets!)

I have decided to focus on weight loss from a lifestyle change and I've noticed that many of the times I would over-ate (eg. in front of the TV) also were times I would over drink. Therefore, I'm trying to change some habits and see if that helps with my desire for both. I have cut way back on TV and no eating or drinking in front of it, in addition some type of exercise every day. I'm going to see how these two simple things help for the first month.

Talk to you all later nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 - again!! thanks for the support - will get there one day.

April 22 days
        May 19 days
        June 13 so far...
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone
          I haven't got time to catch up on all the threads right now, but hope everyone is doing OK.
          Blueflower, I did WW at the beginning of the year. I lost 5kg (about 10 or 11 lbs) in 6 weeks, but I was also AF at that time. I paid up front for 4 months of WW, and used that an an incentive to stay AF. I also did Febfast in February to raise money for drug and alcohol programmes, so that helped keep the motivation strong. Once I stupidly decided to try moderating at the end of that period, the weight started to creep back on again, even though I was drinking a fraction of my usual and occasionally not every day. As well as the calories, perhaps your metabolism changes as you get older. If I drink at all I either stop losing weight or put weight on. Anyway, good luck with your journey. 10 days is a good goal. If you try to get some exercise each day the weight will come off, you'll be feeling great and you might feel motivated to keep going

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 done...again! But am going to keep trying...so glad to know you are out there...can't sleep but no wine...result!...will be back for the witching hour tomorrow..night night x
            ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

A quick hello from me, will be back later, off to the gym now (go Health!!)
              It feels like it has taken forever, but I can now say I am on Day 2!
              Scottish Lass and Queenbug - yes, keep trying we will all get there. Listen to these wonderful people, one day at a time

Tata for now
              xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

I hope you enjoy your visit with you Mom mylife. How I wish I could see mine again.

scottish lass, what are you going to do different this time?
                We need to revise our plans when we take a fall so we can ensure success, progress

Queenbug, how about you? Have you figured out your drinking triggers? Adjusting your plan to overcome those triggers works!

Hi dancingon & Gert! Day 2 or day 200 - progress is great!!!! Keep going

My veggie garden is producing already & it's still 2 days until Summer starts! Of course the weeds are growing nicely too so I spent about an hour working that mess tonight. Time to call it a day.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you everyone. This was a good Day 2. What a nice supportive crew here.
                  Short term goal - (I can't figure out a realistic short term goal.)
                  Long term goal - Moderation! :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nest! Just checking in. Made it through the weekend. Caught a little cold--haven't been sick for awhile. Is my body still detoxing--??any one have a thought about that?
                    Day 14 done!!! And I am learning about my triggers. Learning so much from your posts. :thanks:
                    Welcome to the new ones! I was just there 14 days ago. And now I am so looking forward to a hangover free Monday and work week. Tomorrow is 15 days AF!! halfway to 30!!
                    Sleep well all,
                    Natilie
                    "No alcohol today I'm living in excellence".

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Well done Natilie!
                      Summer colds happen to everyone ~ just a part of being human Hope you feel better soon.

BlueFlower, congrats on your 2 AF days, great start, keep going

Overcast day here, thunder storms forecasted, oh well!

Wishing everyone a good AF Monday, will check in later
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest,

Checking in for a positive Monday! Scottish - you can do this. I know it's hard, but we are worth it!

I am sore from a long hike up a mountain yesterday. But the view at the top was gorgeous and I'm happy to be sore from exercise and not hungover.

Have a great AF Monday al!

Comment

Newbies Nest

as always - thanks for everyones support as I start all over again. I am starting to identify triggers etc. Funnily enough my horoscope during this periond said "Catch yourself before you set off headlong as you might find you're acting out a pattern from early life. You could be masking pain by indulging, or you could be using words or action to mask an inner hurt. You could be running after one thing when you really need another. Slow down. Observe your behavior. You'll come to a realization that can uplift and change things for you." - maybe I should be better about reading my horoscope.
                          As I read my posts, I find them all about me and begging for supprt/help - I so look forward to the time when I am getting this behind me and i can not be so needy!!!
                          Day two and a lovely not hungover Monday
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

:crap: I almost drank this weekend!

Today I am 30 days AF, and I had the worst experience/feeling over the weekend and I came within an inch of my life of buying either a bottle of wine or vodka. What the hell is wrong with me???

I went to Phx. for fathers day, and after visiting my dad, went to spend the evening at my sister's house. It was a gorgeous evening and a wonderful day with family. I thought it would be fun to sit outside with sis and have a few glasses of wine. I went into the grocery store for a few things and found myself looking at the liquor dept. like an idiot. Just standing there looking at all the bottles of wine.
                            The thought of the taste of AL made me almost sick to my stomach, and I walked out of the store. This terrifies me to be that close to doing it!
                            As I was driving home at 5 am. this morning I thought how beautiful the morning was and how great I felt not to be hungover which is exactly what I would have been if I drank last night. I know I would have drank the whole bottle of whatever I had bought.
                            Why are the cravings so strong when I am away from home? Am I always going to be terrified to go to social functions??????
                            THOUGHTS become THINGS
                            choose the GOOD
                            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

Barb instead of:crap: I almost drank this weekend, it should be:goodjob::cheering: yay, I didn't drink.

They say it gets easier with time. The more days you have behind you the easier it is to "not drink".

I am on day 22 but I am also on day 12 of topamax which helps. I am on the lowest dose but having a lot of side effects so don't know how long I will stay on it. i figured it will help me get thru the first 100 days (that's how much of a supply I have at the dose I am taking). After that I will stay AF on my own. I have mixed feelings about going on the topa but since I have it, I am going to continue to take it unless the side effects continue.

Take care everyone, today is a good day to be AF.
                              :hitme:
                              Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Mimi,

What are the side effects of topamax?
                                THOUGHTS become THINGS
                                choose the GOOD
                                ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Working...
                                X