Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm signing off for tonight. I have had a nice day. I planted some pansies and did some shopping and then some sewing. HB has a bad virus that is making him feverish.
    Sunny, I hope that you have not had any more snow since yesterday. We had loads of sun today and were in the upper 50's, (F). I wanted to tell you I followed your link and I was totally impressed with the website. You are very good at your work!
    Sweaty, did you two find dill in Singapore?
    PR and Gilligan, and all good nesters: good night!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

G-nite Dill....and goodnight to the rest of you. Hope your weekend was wonderful....let's start off the week with a positive Monday. Ya in??
      PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hellllloo. It's Monday here and I'm feeling positive.

Dill - we got the dill. Salmon is delicious, our first attempt.

School Holiday here so the boys are sleeping and all is peaceful.

Am just going to get my 2nd coffee and do my printing for this weeks college reading.

All this talk of cats has made me think of getting a kitten, but am resisting, we have to think about shipping costs if we move out of Singers.....will settle for G at the weekends

Have a great day nesters.

Bxx
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Betty, I'm happy to share....'G' can be OUR mascot here in the nest...his unconditional love, incredible 'cuteness' and loyalty.....and okay, sense of entitlement, can be here for all of us.......just save him the PT......'Penthouse twig........
          PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Fellow Nesters.
            Not off to a good start. I forgot to buy coffee filters. Thank God I had just a little bit of Iced Coffee to get me going. It is very cold here today. 20F. My doggie is still with us. She was raised with all cats and she loves them. Belle and G, sitting in the tree.lol.
            I am going to spend the day applying for jobs and with phone calls to try and get myself out of my financial nightmare. Hope you all have a great day. I will check in later.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea - being out of coffee filters is MAJOR. Use pantyhose! I only had enough beans for one cup one morning last week. Disaster. Glad you get to hang onto Belle for a while longer.

I have 3 dogs who weren't raised with cats, but think they'd do ok with a kitten. I'd like a pair of lovebirds as well. My Moms chickens inthe UK have just laid their first decent egg - they were laying with no shells?? She's delighted. The chickens need keep trying though or they're headed for the pot....

I took my college stuff and went and sat in the Botanic gardens here to do it. Was lovely. I like to watch and listen to the tourists, you cam tell who they are by the socks, sandals maps and beer! If I get the chance without seeming too unhinged I'll have a bit of a chat, I like to offer my opinion on places to visit etc. , actually I miss spontaneous conversation, it is a cultural thing I think, but doesn't happen much here.

Well that turned into a bit of a ramble didn't it?

Night All?

Bx

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Dill, Sea, PR, Chopper, Lil, Sunni, SweEty, LO (anyone else I missed)--
                I've been flyin by reading posts only to fly out again...been out looking at houses this weekend...it's fun but stressful. And I can't believe how some people live---holy buckets!!! Clean people!!!! But I'm kind of a neat freak...so I was just shocked at some of the homes we saw.
                Oh before I forget---Sunni-I went to that website---That is really awesome!!! You do really good work!! I'm still shocked everytime I still remember how to log on here:H
                Not too good with computers!
                Dill-good job geeting your taxes in order...and no I haven't heard of that Tea Party you were talking about...sorry.
                Sea--pet therapy...sounds like it's working for you
                SweEty--My new principal this year just came from Singapore---he had a wonderful experience over there!!
                Everyone else sounds great..I better get to work....later taters!!!
                SD:l
                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea... you can fold paper towels and turn them into emergency filters! Been there... done that! :H

Hello to all and have a grand day... need to run off. Hope you all are achieving your goals!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Nesters! It's been a long day at work, and topped off with a dentist appointment. Sheesh. I still have a sick HB on my hands, so I have double duty on the chores. Gotta go feed the dogs right now. I am NOT inviting them into the nest. They are too dirty and stinky and SD would have to go around sanitizing everything after them:H
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters! Long day for me at work too, and I didn't sleep well last night. Worries are piling up and it gets to me. Is there a NAH (Needs a Hug) Twig? If so, I'm the little one curled up on it.

Hope you've all had a good day, hoping for a brighter tomorrow

LO

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All Nesters I need a twig just in from work feeling a little tired. Seacailin my god who ruffled ur feathers they are all gone!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL, Irish
                          Oney and I made a deal with Aidanspappa. He stayed sober for a week, so he gets a flash.lol. I am still on the Pet therapy twig. I am taking her back to the Ex tomorrow. I don't want to, but I have to get to AA meetings and Emylee is being a major wench and won't doggie sit. My Belle is getting old and does not tolerate being alone very well. Sleep well fellow nesters. Belle and G are watching out for us.
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

5 weeks and counting...

Hey All-
                            Been away trying to enjoy the brink of springtime, so I figured Id better see what I missed. Firstly- nobody ever signed me up for the 'flash' after a week of sobriety...if thats the rule Im anxiously awaiting 5 in a row. Sea- thanks for the heads-up for the article you posted. While informative, I wish someone would do (and post some results for) some actual large-scale clinical trials for baclofen. I dont buy into conspiracy theories, but every substance abuse 'counselor' Ive spoken with about baclofen has poo-poo'd and dismissed it as something similar to snake-oil. I cant help but think that as a group, they may not want to hear about abstinence and success with a drug....could put them out of a job. Who knows. Personally, Ive noticed that its a drug that SERIOUSLY needs 'taperd' up and/or down...Im up to about 45 mg/day, and every little increment seems to affect my system quickly- mostly just a sort of ennui that I attribute to the muscle-relaxing properties.

Coffee filters- a paper towel will work in a pinch, but keep in mind that they're not as porous as filters, so watch for back-ups. Loved the panty hose idea (omitting obvious gross comments in the interest of taste and decency).

Went to an AA meeting tonight just to remind myself of what makes me seethe at 12-steps. Im not gonna trash them to anyone but myself- if someone else finds them effective and it works, thats great. Its certainly not for me, and I have to bite my tongue over some of the comments that a particular lead speaker spouts- outright lies in my opinion, and I find myself staring slack-jawed at the people around me that just nod their heads in agreement. Having vented, I'll put my soap-box back now.

If anyone is out of filters in the morning- I have plenty here.
                            While there's life, there's hope.
                            -Cicero

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Tres Cool.

Pantyhose toes - not gusset lol!

I was given baclofen when I had an upper respiratory tract infection - to help stop the coughing??

Bx

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Baclofen

Heya SB-
                                If you were given baclofen for upper RI, I can only assume that the prescibing doc was concerned about muscle spasms from all the coughing that accompany that kind of illness. Its most commonly prescribed as an anti-epileptic and anti-spasmodic, and is given to people with chronic hiccups (tho' not necessary the type I used to get from a 6-pack and quart of vodka).
                                While there's life, there's hope.
                                -Cicero

Comment

Working...
                                X