Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Barbara: 18 - yet somehow managed to be dirnkign for 5-6 years. nothing if nto determiend round here xD Oh and I'm getting married probably after uni, I've been with my fiance since I was 13, he's great Thanks to eveyrone else for support and advice n suchlike

anywho my lovely AF buddies I'm gonna get this out the way quickly, in the simplest posisble terms the sh*t just hit the damn fan today. Long story short my brother (16 years old) = drug dealer. My mother is somewhat unhappy about the whole business and so called the cops, cops turned up, raided the house, found drugs and evidence to charge himw ith supply of a class b drug. both my mother and sister are mentally ill so I have been asigned the task of playing 'responsible adult' in court and in itnerviews with the police when he gets arrested. I am, naturally, somehwat drunk at this point as it has beenw hat I believe qualifies as a frankly godawful day what with my brother doing a runner and whatnot (he's home now, stoned as anything) and is also aware that my mum is responsible for a charge which could result in him doing jail time. So, not as short a version of afore mentioned long story as intended but guess who might not be around mcuh for the next few days? crazy right? Any good vibes you feel like sending my way would just be awesome right now

xIC
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Noodle, glad you are feeling well on day 4 - keep going!

LIS, start again, yo know you can do it

IC, there has to be someone else in your family to help with everything going on!!! An aunt, uncle or grandparent possibly? I'm so sorry you have so much to deal with but you know drinking won't make it any easier. Sending good thoughts & vibes your way, stick around if you can.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG Inchains. What a day.....If anyone had a "reason" to want to escape to oblivion, it certainly is you! What you are dealing with is a hell of alot for an 18 year old. You do sound very mature for your age and I guess that s why. Is there anywhere you can go to help some help? Social services? Dept of Health, not sure what would be available where you are.

Noodle you mentioning aerosols made me think of a program I saw on TV. It is called Intervention where families get together and ask that the addict in their family gets help and go to rehab. Last week there was a girl who was addicted to aerosols and it was horrifying to see the effect on her. It was so confronting to see the level of addiction that aerosols took her to and the effects it had on her. I watch the show to remind me where I could have gone if I continued on the path I was. I see myself in alot of the drunks on the show.

This site is sooooo important and I am so thankful that I stumbled across this 18 months ago. It literally does save lives.

Hippy Chck
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Checking in day 39 AF.
          LIS, you can do it, you did it before. Hi HC, sounds like you are doing well.
          IC, yup, you have a lot going on for your young self. What does your fiance say to all of this? Is there someone who is a role model for you who could help you? I know you said your mom is somewhat mentally ill, but she sounds like she did the right thing if she is fed up with the extracurricular activities round her house. Just sayin'...
          THOUGHTS become THINGS
          choose the GOOD
          ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi HC, I've heard of that programme, but not managed to catch it, I'll keep lookin! I've never tried aerosols, or any other drugs (other than a few 'ravey' things in the 90's:H), but was just so shocked that I'd even consider it - just the thought of being sober scared me, not the giving up the booze, if you catch my drift. Scary eh?
            LIS - a minor glip on your recovery record - happens to most, and in a way I think important, well done for hopping back on so quickly, my last slip lasted for 6 weeks, and hammered way more back than that. Not at all good :-(
            IC, lots of positive vibes being beamed your way honey. Lifes so f*****n hard sometimes, and we're only human, not machines. Everone heres rooting for you, lots of shoulders to cry on. Please try just a wee bit of time for yourself though, and try and focus on what brought you here the first time. :l Some great advice from others. Bless you x
            Anyway, best get back to work, check in with ya'll later! Be good xx:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, InChains, I am more concerned for you than me right nothw. I will get on board and help you when I am less selfish! I am drinking tonight . This past 3 weekends have thrown more at me than I could imagine. My ex husband gets married on Friday. I like his girlfriend but realise I have not been living for the past 10 years or so; Feel don't know.....lost
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

heya guys, just dropping in this morning to say thanks for all your support - unfortunately there isn't anybody I can call, my other family members live too far away/ are dead/ haven't spoken to us un 10 years, and the only other person close to me is my fiance - who in answer to your question Barbara has been great, he's spending the next few nights with me and was willing to come to the police station with me when my brother gets interviewed.

Daisy: you're mroe worriedabout me and I'm more worried about you xD I'm really sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it, I know I'm probably a little young to udnerstand but if you ever want anybody just to talk to then I'll try and be around

xIC

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hope the sun is shining wherever you may be

daisy, LIS & IC, hope you all can find some peace today. Whatever is going on in our lives - AL is not the answer, not the way out. We each need to keep searching within I think & be honest with ourselves.

Greetings Hippy, Barbara, Noodle & everyone!

Wishing everyone a good AF Thursday!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone! Just checking in to let you know I'm still counting on you! I'm counting on you for my support, what were you thinking? ehehe. I notice when I miss a day here, my thoughts drift ....and at this point, I'm not to be trusted with drifting thoughts. My heart goes out to all who are hurting. I know that the answers are not found in the bottom of a bottle. Strength and peace to us all today. Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

"The very best proof that something can be done is that someone has already done it"
                      -- BERTRAND RUSSELL

Just wanted to put this quote out there, as many of us wonder how we can do this sometimes.

So much going on in the nest.
                      IC, I really hope things for smoothly for you for awhile. You deserve some peace in your life.:l

Daisy45, Hope you hang in there doll. I can relate to using AL to numb relationship issues. There was a time that's what I did every night. Part of the road that got me so lost in the middle of nowhere I had to draw my own map out. You've got us though, so type away if you want.

LIS, So you had a slip, that's okay, you have a new day today, and tomorrow. Sobriety is so new to me. I can tell I shouldn't have just one because I catch myself sometimes wanting to buy a bottle and sneak it while I am out. If I'm think that way without AL, what would I allow myself to do once I had 1 drink. I would probably end up with 10 drinks. I am thinking of you and wishing you well.

HIya Byrd, Lav, barabara, Noodle, and everyone else.
                      Hippy, I love Intervention. Sobering truths out there. There is an episode where a guy is an Alcoholic and he just drinks and drinks. He has kids, and finally goes to the detox, only to learn he has cancer in his throat, so he lives another 3 weeks. His kids said after he passed, that at least he was sober and spending quality time with them before he passed, rather than no time with them being drunk. SO SAD.

ANyways, It's Friday morning here and I'm off to work. Out with a girlfriend tonight for dinner and a movie. She has been in AA for over a decade. I have never shared my AL journey with her, as she likes having a friend not from her AA life. SO we don't ever talk about AL, and I am happy to keep it to myself. I have all of you to share with. Have a great day everyone.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Hi to Byrdie & sunshine

I hope everyone who is struggling right now checks in soon to let us know how they are doing. The road to sobriety is not always smooth, bumps & fall happen along thw way. The trick is to not give up ~ keep trying & you will find your way

Wishing everyone a safe night/day in the Nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!!!!!!

Where is everyone?????
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Auspicious day 13 for me.
                            Noodle, I saw that Intervention program about the girl using aerosols (computer keyboard cleaner I think}. You probably don't want to go there. There are things worse than alcohol.
                            Hippie Chick, I like that show too. Interesting and distressing to see how low one's bottom can be. Mine's pretty damn low.
                            LIS, hang in there. I know the slippery slope all too well. My first drink is never my last.
                            Lav, lovely to see you on this site.

Comment

Newbies Nest

afternoon all, I'm alive, I'm nto drunk (yet) and thats about all i can offer today xD

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad to see you InChains....you got 2 outta 2 going for you right now...just keep going! Hang on, baby!! xo, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X