Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Pats on the back all around for being AL free! This weekend is a tough one, everyone is drinking, or that's my perception...in reality, they aren't. The heavy drinkers are drinking heavily, and what's new with that....at one time that was me. Hang strong everyone...we're in this nest together! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey guys, feeling a little low today, family situation seems a little more stable but have been facing some pretty harsh truths lately - in all honesty my drinking now is the worst it's been since I would literally pass out every night when I was younger - and given how low my tolerance was at that age, I'm drinking roughly the same. I don't know whether I'm back to the point where quiting is going to be a problem again, I hope not but deep down I guess I know a months heavy drinking is enough to make my life difficult. I said to myself a few weeks back that I have three things I want to do: lose weight, stop smoking and get my drinking under control, if i could do any one of those things by the time I start uni I'll be happy. In the end I've made the decision to take what i think is gonna be the easiest road and quit smoking first (starting Monday 18th July), don't know how thats gonna go, or whats goign to become of my drinking but right now, stopping just does not seem a reasonable idea to me

xIC
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nest!

I worked on some of my own AF hobbies today. I dusted off an old guitar of my husbands (he used to play) and I bought a book on guitar for dummies and so far I'm working on the tuning part! That's okay, I'm with Natalie, there is a whole other world of things to do out there besides drink, and I plan to experience lots of them.

Inchy, I'm sorry you're feeling low. Family situations have been bothering me as well, but I'm determined not to let it ruin my sobriety. Anyway, for me Alcohol is a huge depressant, one of my main reasons for giving it up is I can't handle the depression any more! You will feel better if you stop, that much is guaranteed.

Lav, hope you got that bedroom finished! It will feel great once you're all settled back in.

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF Sunday night in the nest. I'm headed out for a sunset walk soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Byrd, going strong as usual - good for you

IC, I hope you can achieve your goals! Sign on to Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community & do a lot of reading there. Don't try to go it alone. The support there is great.

mylife, tuning a guitar
          I hope you have fun with your new hobby. I did finish my painting today & am happy with the results. I already have my new bed, a dresser & night table are being delivered Tuesday
          This is supposed to be my new, calm retreat ~ at least I hope so!

Wishing everyone a good & safe night in the Nest.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, hoping you're all good, or getting better xx
            Day 8 for me today, been in bed all weekend with the flu, so managed to dodge any vino temptations!! Felt like I had the worst hangover to bleedin' start with. Anyway, despite my boozy lookin' red nose, eyes are telling a different story - nice and sparkly!
            Have a great week everyone, XXXX

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey well done noodle on the 8 days.

Had a bad few days but back on track now. Decided to set up a spreadsheet to work out how much i am saving by being AL free and once i get enough, will treat myself to some new running shoes.
              Off to check the focus on fitness thread now.

Hi to all
              Mr Mist

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Celebrating Independence Day here in the US! Fireworks going off all around driving my dogs crazy

noodle, sorry to hear you are not feeling well but congrats on your 8 AF days! Be thankful you have no hangover to deal with on top of the flu symptoms! Hope you feel better fast

Hi red mist, good to hear you are back on board!
                Saving money by not buying AL is a huge incentive for most of us. I've used my savings to spoil grandkids. Mostly I'm grateful to know that they will never see me pick up a drink or a smoke for that matter

Wishing everyone a safe & happy Monday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Once again

Hello everyone:
                  Well, I am back again (having been lurking off and on for a couple of years). I am so sick and tired of drinking...it's totally out of control, I am sneaking, lying, hiding and barely maintaining my life..husband and daughter are so disgusted, but still supportive..I know it won't last for long...have been to AA last year, but I am so self-conscious it's really hard for me to go...I am afraid of quitting again...I am sad and thoroughly ashamed...please help

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Millynilly, I feel just the same. Back here on day one. No matter how many AF days I notch up, when I take a drink, I just go back to my old ways again. I just don't want it any more. Make this your start and we will do this together.
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Milynilly and Daisy,

All I can offer you is to please try the CD's they have changed my life and so far, I am 44 days AF. There is a change in my brain from the hypnotherapy.
                      What have you got to lose?
                      THOUGHTS become THINGS
                      choose the GOOD
                      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Newbies Nest

Right barbara, you've convinced me.....I am going to make that my mission tonight. Ta!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Millynilly & Dasiy,

You are both here for the same reason and are starting (or starting over) at the same time. Could I suggest that maybe you guys become "buddies"? MWO is a huge family of all different kinds of people. For me, the thing that helped the most was finding one or two who's stories were very similar to mine and we pm'd each other a lot. I feel like I have made wonderful friends (that I've never even met face-to-face) that have helped me through one of the biggest struggles of my life.

Hang in there - MWO is a wonderful site with lots of caring people. We are all here for you!
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I also want this July 4th (Independence Day) to be my day one ; I need buddies; I keep trying to do this alone and i get nowhere. I'd like to be involved in AA; but it just doesn't work for me.
                            I'll try the cds today--Leila

Comment

Newbies Nest

Barbara1234;1141492 wrote: Hi Milynilly and Daisy,

All I can offer you is to please try the CD's they have changed my life and so far, I am 44 days AF. There is a change in my brain from the hypnotherapy.
                              What have you got to lose?
                              Barbara, just checked it out. Which CD's do you suggest? Ta

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1141561 wrote: Barbara, just checked it out. Which CD's do you suggest? Ta
                                Hi Ta,

I have the set that has Clearing, Hypnotic, Subliminal and Sleep learning.
                                Try to get over the guy's voice on the ones that you can hear, he's kind of annoying. But just know that and go for it! Keep me posted, I am praying for you!
                                THOUGHTS become THINGS
                                choose the GOOD
                                ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Working...
                                X