Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:thanks: Barbara. Going on-line shopping right now. Need as much back-up as I can get!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

good luck daisy, leila and millynilly. Hope to hear good news from you all tomorrow
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!! Checking in with day 29 AF today!! Almost didn't make it earlier in the day as wine was calling my name so loudly! Have a heat headache and I was hungry. That HALT thing really works for me. Made a lovely sandwich and had some fresh fruit and then a nap and now the craving is gone -- thank God!!
        Trying for 30 tomorrow. Thank you all for your support here.
        Lots of newbies in the nest. This is the best place to be. And just the daily battle--just when I thought It was getting easier--to be able to let all of you know my continuing struggle--what a huge help! We can definitely do this together!!!!
        MyLife I love the guitar-- keep at it! Learn one chord at a time. It is so much fun.
        And Lav, hope you are enjoying your new retreat. A place for serenity no doubt. And my poor dog hates the fireworks too! Had to give him some meds from the vet. :dog:

The CD's sound really interesting! I will check it out, too.
        Have a lovely July 4th everyone!
        Natilie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest!

I'm happy to see that everyone has stayed busy and is doing well. The CD's are great - I agree with Barbara. I don't think they hypnotised me, but they really helped me relax and sleep and learn a new experience other than drinking!

I've been working at my new guitar hobby. Lol, I still can't believe I'm trying this, but it's kind of fun! Luckily, I already read music so that helps me out a little I think - at least I could tune the thing!

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Milly, Daisy and Leila welcome to the Nest. This is a struggle for everyone here, that's why we keep posting. You can do this - you just need to decide it's what you really want and make that decision for yourself. You can do it!!
          Have a wonderful AF July 4th all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW, busy Nest today

Milly, Daisy & Leila, make this your last day one!!!
            Arm yourselves with a good plan, don't forget to look in the Tool box for ideas.

Glad the CDs have helped you Barbara ~ I really liked them too

IC, how are you doing today?

Natilie, 30 days tomorrow - awesome! Great work!!!

mylife, can't wait to hear some music........you are going to make a youtube video, right? :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey daisy and milly nilly... I am same.. today is day 2 AF and the best I have been able to do is 5 AF days then go right back to old habits.. Am self loathing and sick of it all. I could never see myself at AA. I am a chardy mum who self medicates (any excuse) I have been a single mum for 14 years.. raised 5 kids and worked as a nurse.
              I have met a man 2 months ago who is a social drinker.. 1-2 wines with a meal. He has NO idea of how much i drink.. so I need to ge tthis under control or i fear i may lose someone special. BUT saying that.. the wine with meals is an important part of his life and I think he would jsut as disappointed if i said no thanks as if I drank the regular bottle..
              I have tried hypnosis.. but I had a very traumatic experience in a cult and it triggers something in me..

I have ordered the book and the Kudzu pills.. am very scared of trying other meds...
              So. maybe we can keep each other on the right path?
              I think I can do this now.. I feel the alcohol is affecting my health. Only a matter of time I think.
              thanks for listening

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a flying visit - Milly hang around and enjoy all the support and advice - it's life changing. Sending good vibes to everyone - esp. Daisy & Leila also. xxxxxxxxxxxFeeling better thanks Lav, just sound like Barry White. Hugs to all xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

First Post

Hey Everyone! Great place you have here; thanks! Found MWO on a Google search about a week ago and have been exploring the site and reading this Newbie thread a lot. I am now beginning day 5. I haven't been past day one in about three years. Sleep has been very difficult, as my body has been so used to sleeping with LOTS of AL onboard! But I am determined to stay AF from now on - I already know I am no moderator. Planning on signing up for the paid forum today - seems like a good deal; hope to download the book and read after work today. 4 PM will probably be a big challenge, so I am visualizing driving right past the store I have been stopping at after work every day to get my fix, and going straight to the health food store instead. Looking forward to sharing and caring with this great bunch.
                  -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Welcome Climbing mountains & Gregorino!
                    Glad you found us - the Nest is a great place to settle in for a while. Some of us never leave
                    Reading the MWO book is a great place to start. Be sure to make a good plan for yourselves too. Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some great ideas.
                    I did not use any Rx meds myself, didn't even use any supplements because I have many allergies & didn't want any problems. We're all different but a strong commitment, a good plan & the MWO Hypno CDs did it for me Wishing you both the very best!

noodle, maybe you can use that Barry White voice to your advantage - you never know :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Committed to AF

Hi everyone - just wanted to meet you and say that I have been reading here for a long time and am now committed to not drinking. I've been struggling over the past few years as my drinking has escalated. Burned out.................

Hoping to get and give support - obviously has worked for some people here -- hope to be one of them.

PS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome PlaceSeeker!

I'm just up and running too! Welcome aboard - I'll be in the Nest daily as part of my plan, so I'll be keeping an eye out for ya! We CAN do this!
                        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome Greg. It helps so much to know we're not alone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome New Nesters....oh no, you are far from alone! No one else knows these struggles until you've walked in these shoes. It is a struggle, but one that many of us are winning daily. All you gotta do is get thru today...
                            Nats....30 days, you are a rockstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's BIG, that's a milestone...I am so proud of you!!! Has anything bad happened to you since you stopped drinking (that's AL related)? I thought not, only good things!
                            My husband loves wine with his meals. My percecption was that if I didn't join him, it'd ruin it for him. I have found that his enjoyment is the same, he is drinking it, I don't have to join him. If your not having any is a problem for him.. then, that's his problem, the way I see it. I have reassured my hubs that his having some doesn't bother or make me want it one bit, and for him to enjoy it. I want him to be happy, and your BF should want that for you...anyway, enough preaching, welcome aboard. We'll keep you safe... Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new here

Hello! I discovered this website thanks to Google and it looks quite promising. I'm definitely a problem drinker, but I do not drink every day. It's really more episodic with some blacking out occurring at times. I'd really, really like to learn how to moderate myself and I feel like this plan could be the answer. I'm also starting again with day one of no drinking and I guess I'm here to find support. :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Day 2 AF

Finally I am ready for the battle against the POISON :new:
                                AF July 4th 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X