• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the encouragement folks ...
    :goodjob:

Day 12 here I come !!

No slip-ups for me having got this far for the first time in years ...

Moods come and go - I can live with it ...
    AF July 4th 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy Mood Swings, Remorse! We are cheering you on to day 12...as I've said many times here, on day 13 your thinking changes and it gets EASIER!! And isn't that the dream? That we won't be thinking about AL every minute of every day?? It's nuts! Day 13, my new friend, you will see. Just keep on going! xxxoo, Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just dropping in to wish everyone a safe & comfy night in the Nest

Good job Remorse!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nest!

I'm up early and getting ready for my power walk with music. Remorse, you can do it! The going just gets better the more days you log in AF!!

Hope you all have a wonderful AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 12 AF

Mood better today - also got some good news in the post so things looking good for today

Thanks again people ... :goodjob:
            AF July 4th 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok, so this is what everyone is talking about when they say you'll feel better AF....woke up after sleeping for the first time in 6 days, feel great,,,,amazingly better, so I got that going for me.....day 6 AF which is some new ground for me ( unless you count junior high school years 30 years ago...) it's bad that it's Friday as Friday is drink all the beer in the world day for me so it's really going to be a challenge around 5 pm.....making plans to be too busy for booze but honestly more scared about today than an adult who knows he is killing himself with beers should be,,,I have plenty of chances to rationalize that I can handle it now,,,,,following all of you who have been here done this and grateful for your advice....thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clockwatcher, I'm in the same boat regarding Fridays. It's usually my night to get blotto; and, naturally, Saturdays are a living hell. But today is my 7th Day (c'mon Lucky 7) and I also have plans to keep busy and have some non-alcoholic fun. If nothing else, treat yourself to a great dinner. I'm finding that if I eat when the wine cravings start, it is very effective in getting me past those moments. Hang in there and have a wonderful, sober Friday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Clockwatcher & Clover - a change in mindset about Fridays is in order!
                  It's just another day in the week & no excuse to drink, really. A lot of people 'reward' themselves on Fridays with AL. How about rewarding ourselves with something non-poisonous? At 6 & 7 AF days you both have a choice to make - make it a good one

RemorseBeGone - so glad you made it thru last night!

I have a busy day ahead - no room for AL in my life today
                  Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Friday!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here I am at day 9, unbelievable! I'm sleeping better than I have in years, feel great and ready to tackle my problems head on. Went out to dinner with friends last night and drank water w/lemon. The big challenge was on the drive home, in the past I would have stopped to pick up a bottle of wine, but last night when the thought came into my head I just thought about how good I felt and how miserable I'd be in the morning. It was a no brainer to drive right past the liquor store.

Comment

Newbies Nest

you are all correct in looking at Fridays differently, I really don't know what to do tonight because I am not doing what I always do on Friday nights which is drink every beer I can get my hands on,,,,passing on that tonight and going to do other stuff with no booze present, bike ride, walk with kids on beach, clean my office, arrange my sock drawer, whatever! so long as no beers are involved....word to wise is to invest in gummy bears as I have discovered a new addiction! ( like I needed a new one!) thanks for listening and thanks for your posts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Personally I love red hot dollars Clockwatcher :H
                        I'm heading outside to pull some weeds in my garden & get some pumpkin seeds planted. See - no AL involved

crazy cat lady, good for you passing up on the AL last night! Congrats on your 9 AF days - WTG!

Hope everyone has AF plans tonight
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, it's Friday night and just getting past my witching hour. I'm not drinking and it feels so, so good! I'm going out for dinner with my daughter in a little while and then will have a nice, relaxing evening at home. Maybe I'll go for a walk, too. I have had one helluva difficult week, lots of very stressful things happened; but it is amazing how calm and .... okay .... I feel in spite of that because I did not drink!

It is so wonderful to be able to come here to share. Thank you all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clock, I could never lean into the idea of gummy bears...however, I did find Charms Blow Pops really helped me ride the crave wave. Sweet, got my mouth busy and happy, just took the edge off. Sometimes that's all you need. I'm so proud of everyone! Good Golly those first days are hard. Trust me, after day 13, it will get easier and easier to where your every thought isn't about what you're not doing. It's a great place. Just be patient. Love to all, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Clover & Byrdie!

Just jumping back in to say Goodnight & wish everyone a safe night in the Nest

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I also want to say thank you for letting me share, it helps allot, especially given the fact that I am ( trying to be "was") a bar drinker and liked shooting the breeze with the other customers...anyways, less than an hour to go until day 7AF....I am happy...tired, sick and sweaty, insomniac but nevertheless, happy that I am not bombed right now, like last Friday and all the Fridays before that.....makes the insomnia and weird momentary feelings of dread which come out of nowhere all worth it to feel like I might actually not have to get drunk every night....thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X