Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Clockwatcher, congrats to you! You made it thru a Friday night AF & should feel proud of yourself for having the fortitude to kick AL's butt out of your life :goodjob:
    I know the insomnia stinks right now but just hold on. Make sure you are staying well hydrated, trying taking some Melatonin at bedtime - it's safe Now start a gratitude journal for yourself. No hangovers, extra $$ in your pocket, etc, etc.

Not looking forward to yet another heatwave on the way starting tomorrow. I'm a bit of a wimp in extreme weather

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday Nesters!

Hope everyone is enjoying an AL free summer weekend. Isn't it amazing what we can do, what we can enjoy when we aren't dealing with alcohol issues?
      I've had an interesting couple of weeks. My brother and his wife were visiting for a week and they are both wine drinkers. It was strange going into a liquor store to buy wine for them but I managed not to give in to the temptation of having "just 1 glass". I know where that would have led.
      Today is day 43 for me. I calculate I've saved over $500, have found an extra 4 hours each and every day to do things that are important to me and others, haven't had a hangover in ages and have lost weight, at least 10 pounds.
      Tonight will be another challenge as I've volunteered to work the late shift at the beer tent at a local street festival. It will be interesting to see others drunk while I'm not!
      Wishing everyone a safe and AL free weekend!
      Habsfan

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Habsfan,
        Wow! Good for you on your 43 AF days
        Looks like you have a growing list of things to be grateful for since kicking AL out of your life - nice
        Have fun working the beer tent :H
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hya! Just reading and posting to keep me going through the last few hours until my first Day 7 starts!!! Am now thinking I could aim for 10 days...
          Habsfan...beer tent...if I could ever manage that I'd reward myself with...um?...erm?...not sure what...perhaps a rasberry pavlova? No idea why that came into my head...but hey...that's how my sober brain seems to work at the moment! Happy Saturday evening peeps!! x
          ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 13 AF

Hardest day yet - really dwelling on one ugly incident on my last drinking night - cant seem to shake it ... Aaarrgghhhh :upset:

BUT I have stayed strong and kept away from the poison
            AF July 4th 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wonderful attitude Queenbug
              You're sure to see your day 7 & day 10 as well!

RemorseBeGone ~ Lucky day 13 :H
              Please try to mentally move away from the past, you can't change it & there's no sense beating yourself up. I'll bet we all have a few things we'd love to erase from our past but it's just not possible. Making sure the same incident doesn't happen again is doable - don;t drink!

Had a very nice summer day here, I enjoyed it immensely knowing tomorrow the heat & humidity return for at least a week
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 7 almost done, obviously last Saturday night was soo good I quit drinking ( or am trying to) because of it....and to be truthful a lot more just as bad which went before it...I agree with the post about not beating oneself up about the past, it doesn't change it of course and it is something I used to have my own little pity party for myself in which the only way to celebrate was booze and more booze,,,,,I am trying to break my habits and self indulgences such as obsessing about my mistakes in the past, I need to focus my energy on the future and staying away from beers for awhile,,,,day 7 for me today, tougher day than expected health wise just feeling low but still not deathly hungover so it's still a better day....trying for 8 tomorrow, fingers crossed! Thanks for letting me share.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go for it clockwatcher. Keep on doing what got you to this point and be proud of your accomplishment! This is not easy to do in the beginning and I have respect for anyone who even realizes they need to do something. I know many who just drink till they are drunk on a daily basis and don't seem to think there is anything wrong (& I'm not talking about kids.). It's really sad to see people you care about do this.
                  Personally I am 2 weeks today and went for a 2 hr. bicycle ride today. Pure heaven for me. I love being outside and pumping the pedals. If I were drinking there is no way I last that long let alone enjoy it. Looking forward to all the rewards of living AF.
                  Best to everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clockwatcher, congrats on your 7 AF days!!!! That's terrific
                    I know all about the pity party ~ mine lasted for way too many years. No more of that now

Hypernova, congrats on your 2 weeks AF! Great!! Sounds like you ar enjoying your new found freedom - love that

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Please check in
                      Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning! It's Day 9 for me, and I can hardly believe it! I have not gone this long without a drink in many years. I was concerned about Friday night, but I didn't really have any cravings this time - what a miracle! It's been a hot, overcast, rainy weekend here and I've enjoyed it so very much. I have plans today for lunch, gym and perhaps a movie tonight. The crazy thing is, though, that this week was really pretty awful and stressful. My 20-year-old son is having some health issues and he has gotten himself into a very bad situation. Normally, I would probably have started drinking immediately after work, perhaps even missed a day due to horrific hangover, blah blah blah. But thanks to this site and whatever made something click, I feel quite strong and determined. I DO NOT want to run away from life anymore. I DO NOT want to be weak and pathetic; that is not the real me. Thank you all so much for being here and letting me share. I hope everyone stays strong and has a great sober Sunday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday Nesters!!

Had some bold strong coffee, settling in for the day. Looking forward to celebrating day 36 with some thai food tonight....funny, as soon as I got rid of alcohol I've been discovering and finally tasting food!

Lavande, thank you for keeping this thread going and for all your awesome support.

Hope the day brings everyone health and happiness - more reasosn to stay on or get back on the wagon --- let's stay strong together!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey guys, doing a fly by, plenty going on for me right now, having a lot of trouble at work and taking my brother to court on tuesday, the big news however is that I'm going to be an aunt! the troublesome younger brother has got hi girlfriend pregnant, I'm a little suprised n it's alot of stress on the family but I'm keeping it positive, he'll make a good dad Still hoping to quit smoking on wednesday, but I'm nto goign to beat myself up if circumstances get in the way

hope alls well in the nest, seeing alot of success here to congrats to all

xIC
                            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 14 AF

I'm still hangin in there ....
                              AF July 4th 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters,

thanks for checking in

Clover, good for you on your 9 AF days! Makes quite a difference, huh? Sorry about your son, hope everything is OK. Wonderful you can be fully present (clear headed) for him.

life...take2, awesome on 36 AF days!
                                I love strong coffee to get me started in the mornings! Enjoy that dinner out

IC, congrats to you & your family! A new life is exciting & a perfect time to make personal changes. The birth of my first grandson is what finally
                                pushed me into quitting AL & smokes
                                Give your quits some serious thought......this is the perfect time.

RemorseBeGone - congrats to you for your 2 weeks AF :yay:
                                Wishing you continued success, keep hanging in with us.

I have family coming for dinner so I need to get something going in the kitchen - now!!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X