Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Is it true that no one fell out of the nest this weekend??? Outstanding! Weekends ARE do-able. I was thinking today when we went to a restaurant that we haven't been to since I quit.. I made an ass of myself the last time I was there (lunch and already loaded). Oh God, I can't believe some of the things I did and said. I'm bad enough sober, can you imagine me drinking???
    I am finding I can take the stress pretty well without drinking. What I do miss is celebrating something good. But how can you celebrate sobriety with a drink??? So there ya go. I think I'll have a cookie instead. I am so proud of all of us who are doing what we never thought we could!!! Go us! Byrdie
    P.S. Off to Atlanta tomorrow, there's a reason to drink right there!
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 6 AF for me and my first day on MWO.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Byrdie, looks like we have a great group of nestlings
        Making a strong plan for the weekend and sticking to it, no matter what is the way to go
        Don't let your trip to Atlanta get to you! I've never seen the city ~ just the airport. I'm situated between Philadelphia & Baltimore.........in cow country :H :H

Hello & welcome FlyAway!
        Please make yourself comfy in the Nest & congrats on your 6 AF days!!!!!!
        If you haven't already, download the MWO book, it's full of good info. Please ask if you have any questions, there's always someone around!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest & buckle up your nest belts if you feel the road getting bumpy

lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 8 and still not drunk, all good and still surprised I have made it this far, went to beach today with a cooler empty of beer much to the surprise of family and friends who I explained I was not drinking anymore to the surprise of NO ONE......guess I was the only one who didn't know I was a drunk... Anyway, difficult day, still not sleeping, craving sweets and breaking out into sad moments without provocation,,,,nevertheless, not drunk, not going to be hungover tomorrow and actually have gone 8 days without beers,,,,this has all been helped tremendously by all your posts which I read all night when I wish I was sleeping and during the day when usually I'd be drinking...thank

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here I am finishing day 11. I've made it through the weekend without a craving. Been busy trying to clean out my house so I can sell it soon. I can't believe that only have three weeks until I move to start my new job. The stress should be driving me to the bottle but I know that I'd never be able to accomplish this if I were drinking.

Hope everyone made it through the weekend OK.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening, everyone! I made it through the weekend, too. Clockwatcher, it was a rough day for me, too. I haven't been sleeping all that well either and have a lot of s**t going on with my son. So .... yeah, lots of lapsing into sadness and anger. But I am not drunk, have not even felt like drinking, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow, Day 10. Isn't it much better, in spite of our difficulties, to be sober and clear headed? Congratulations on Day 8 and hang in there, Day 9 is coming!

Crazy Cat Lady, I love your name! I'm sure the coming changes are stressful, but how exciting as well to be moving and starting a new job .... especially doing those things sober! Congratulations on Day 11!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Take 2 ~ it is nice to taste and enjoy food. My sense of smell is much better AF. I can tell b/c I can smell a drink on someone's breath easily. Makes you wonder about all the things booze does to change us physically and mentally.
                ~~Inchains~~ quitting smoking is tough. I probably had 10 serious attempts before I quit years ago. They say it takes the average person 7 attempts before they are able to stop. The most important factor is that you keep trying so good luck, it is so worth it.
                ~~Lavande~~ thanks for the tip to buckle up b/c it's just what I needed to read. I had a long tough bumpy day today but I can still say "I did not drink through it all". On to day 16 tomorrow with hopes it will be an easier day.
                ~~Wishing everyone a good week ahead.
                Congrats to all who made it through another weekend AF!! :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not hungover on a Monday morning....this is good, unusual for me but good, day 9 begins and I am happy to see the new day....this is new as well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

DAY 15 AF

In summary managing the cravings and witching hour has become more managable and bearable. I feel confident of making my initial 30 day goal..

My problem is the moods and dwelling in the past - need to focus on that now !!

Talk soon ....
                    AF July 4th 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome Lavande.

Today is Day 7. I feel strong and have no desire to drink. Tonight I have to go to a going away party for a close friend which will involve lots and lots of drinking. I'll be drinking water. I'm sure I'll get questions since it's unheard of to not drink! But I'll be the designated driver for my husband.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Great to see so many peeps checking in

I'm very happy to see you guys continue to move forward, a day at a time, an hour at a time ~ whatever it takes! You'll never be sorry, I promise

I have a busy day so I'll get to it!
                        Wishing everyone a happy & AF Monday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

today is a one hour at a time day versus one day at time...things have been going well but I also get hit with moods I can't control and a fixation on the past which I know is pointless but takes an effort just to get beyond.....but, turned down a liquid lunch meeting which 10 days ago would have been an absolute blast,,,,,,,trouble is I would have continued long after the meeting/lunch was over.....can't lie to myself about my booze intact and effect on my health and family...I am good at lying to myself about booze's effects on my family and my health....anyways, thanks for letting me share

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clockwatcher;1149150 wrote: today is a one hour at a time day versus one day at time...things have been going well but I also get hit with moods I can't control and a fixation on the past which I know is pointless but takes an effort just to get beyond.....but, turned down a liquid lunch meeting which 10 days ago would have been an absolute blast,,,,,,,trouble is I would have continued long after the meeting/lunch was over.....can't lie to myself about my booze intact and effect on my health and family...I am good at lying to myself about booze's effects on my family and my health....anyways, thanks for letting me share
                            Good for you for not drinking at lunch! I find that drinking something else nonalcoholic when I'm craving a drink helps.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks...following post suggestions regarding alternatives..agree that taste is coming back and indulging in candy these days which helps more than I thought it could,,,,all good, sober....10 days tomorrow, about 5 hours away...which I would not have thought possible 11 days ago so it is good

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clockwatcher - a boozy lunch used to = wasted rest of the day for me!
                                As hard as it is to resist that first drink...........just keep doing that & you will reach your goal. 10 days is awesome, make yourself proud tomorrow

FlyAway, designated driver is the perfect excuse to not drink. Anyone with half a brain won't question that & if someone does, just change the subject - honestly :H

Had a great day out with my daughter & nearly 5 month old granddaughter. I sure wouldn't be doing stuff like that if I still had AL in my life

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X