X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone
    great to hear people are doing well
    Well I have been sober for 24 days, but technically not AF because I had one glass of wine on a girls night out last Fri night. I was the designated driver and despite STRONG persuasion to drink i stuck to my decision. I drank so many fizzy non alcoholic sugary drinks though that i felt quite ill when i went to bed, luckily very short lived. Water all the way next time for me. The feeling of relief to be able to get in your car and go home whenever you like is awesome. But the best thing is that magical, can't wipe the smile off my face feeling when i wake up the next day and say I DID IT! ME!! I DID IT! I have the whole day to be productive, YAY!
    Some nights are definitely easier than others.
    Lavande - sounds like you had a great day with your daughter and Granddaughter -aww, such a beautiful age:-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I am really enjoying all 3 grandkids Gert Grateful to have a clear head, for sure!
      Glad you were able to stick to your plan Gert ~ that's what it's all about

Must run to take care of outside chores before the day heats up too much. Not enjoying this current heatwave

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Gertrude! I don't know how you managed to have just one glass! Way to go! Why, why, why do people press and press us to drink? I don't understand it. Someone on this forum said that if someone offered her a banana and she said no, that would be the end of that conversation. But with alcohol it's different. The pressure to drink is enormous. Weird.

Lavande you are right about doing things when not drinking. Funny that most of us question what we'd do for fun if we weren't drinking, but really we do a heck of a lot more without it!

Today is day 8 for me and I'm still feeling strong. No desire to drink whatsoever. We'll see what happens tonight when I get home from work. That would be a normal time for me to drink to unwind from work. But right now drinking has no appeal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haha flyaway, your comment about being offered a banana had me chuckling for sure:H you are so right though!!! I just kept saying to my "friends" - I'm not stopping anyone else from drinking, just not drinking myself. It never bothered me when I drank whether anyone else was drinking or not. I'm disappointed and proud of myself for having one wine. I was driving and i was not waking up with a hangover so I stuck to my guns. Well done on getting to Day 8, glad the appeal isn't there!
          Hope you get some productive time before it gets too hot Lavande! Don't forget the sunscreen

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK, what does AF and LTG stand for? First day on this forum...2 days sober. HELP

Comment

Newbies Nest

pcnana;1149621 wrote: OK, what does AF and LTG stand for? First day on this forum...2 days sober. HELP
              AF stands for alcohol free. Where did you see LTG used? Welcome to you and congrats on having 2 days down! How are you feeling?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters!

Ah, nice & cool in my shop ~ think I'm actually getting some work dine

Hello again to FlyAway & Gert!
                That whole not stopping at one glass thing is what led me to believe I had to give AL up completely. I found it much easier than white knuckling trying to resist glass two, three, tweve, whatever!

Hello & welcome pcnana
                Glad you found us & you'll catch on to the abbreviations real soon, I promise!
                Congrats on your 2 days AF - great!!!
                Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Health Store here on the site. It's full of good info for you. There is a wonderful Tool box full of great ideas to help you make your plan. It's located in the Monthly Abstinence section. Please check in frequently - it really helps to stay close. Wishing you the best.

OK, back to work for me!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey lav, I took your advice and nwo have an account under the same username on quit net, having my last cigarette tonight... wish me luck
                  I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new:
                    Muppett;520445 wrote: I've just slunk into the "nest". It just sounded so inviting and SAFE.
                    Just going to tuckie myself up in a little corner, observe, sip my wine........except Mondays when I will be a/f. (as I was last Monday for the first time I can remember). Just going to enjoy a safe place.

Please, if anyone else here is as scared as I was going A/F for just one night, talk to me. I have the willpower of a gnat so if I can do it, ANYONE can.

Thank you for providing a nest.

Love Muppett (in OZ but really a KIWI)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, I am trying to be AF Monday through Fridays. Not going so well so far. I will keep trying! It will be nice to have someone to talk to while I am working on it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey - good for you IC & I do wish you luck! Quitnet has helped keep me honest a lot like MWO has

Hi 4me!
                        Welcome to the Nest. Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it from the Health Store here on the website. It explains everything about the program & why it's a good idea to give yourself 30 days to get all AL out of your system before trying to drink moderately. You body & mind need that much time to detox & get yourself thinking clearly. I wanted to learn to drink moderately too when I first came here but I changed my mind. I had to be honest & admit that I would never be happy with just one or two glasses of wine. In the end I found it just plain easier to go AF & not look back So what's your plan? How are you trying to stay AF during the week?
                        Take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some great ideas to help you make your plan. Please let us know how you are doing

Dealing with extremely hot & humid weather here is exhausting
                        I feel like I'm moving like a slug :H
                        There's a thunder storm cooking up out there ~ hope it helps!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, I don't really have a plan yet, just want to do it at this point. I have been drinking a bottle of white wine almost every night and that is not good. I am not sure if cutting back will work or if abstinance will be what is best for me. I started walking in the am a few weeks ago and have cut back some. I am trying to reconnect with the things that make me happy and reduce some stress in a more healthful way. I will look at the tool box and appreciate your advice! Where do you live? Stay cool!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, me again. Where is the tool box? Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

4me,

Use this link: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I'm in southeastern Pennsylvania, just a 1/4 mile north of the Maryland line.
                              And it's hot as hell here at the moment :H :H
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening, everyone. So my "lucky" day 11 is nearly over. And I am sober! I must say, though, that it was a pretty awful day. My stress and anxiety have been through the roof. My 20-year-old son has some mysterious ailment (this has been going on for about 2 weeks) and has had bloodwork, x-rays, etc. and we're still not sure exactly what is going on. I am worried sick, angry and sad and have been all day. There's a lot more to the story, this son of mine is a bit of a mess ... but a sweetheart, nonetheless. Right now I'm completely drained and really down. BUT, I have not had a drop of alcohol and for that I am SO grateful! I hope everyone has a nice, relaxing evening. I just want to go to bed!

Comment

Working...
                                X