• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck to you Clover and prayers for your son!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clover, congrats to you on your 11 AF days especially while so much is going on with your son. My kids are older now but I still worry & now worry about the 4 grandkids too
        Be grateful that you are alert & clear headed & fully present for you son. Take care of yourself too :l I'm a retired RN & if you need any help interpreting doctor-speak, feel free to PM me

4me - enjoy perusing the Tool box ~ lots of great info there!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande, thank you so much! I probably will PM you tomorrow after we get the results of yet MORE bloodwork. And it surprises me how much better I'm handling this without the alcohol. I would probably be in a deep, dark depression right now if I was drinking. Instead, I'm going to have a snack and then ... relax! Good night everyone ....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clover, prayers for your son and special congratulations to you for being able to stay AF with such family concerns....great job

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, hope you're all doing good! Gonna make this short and sweet!
              Been back on the vino; Got the book and CDs on Saturday. Book read and first CDs listened to and I am taking the next step by coming and saying Day 1 for me. Got L-Glut as well. Feel rough as been boozing every night but I hope I got it right this time.
              Will pop in later, just know that if I dont commit myself to day 1 then I just keep putting it off and drink. Dont want to be at it again tonight;
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 17 AF

Just checkin in - hope all are doing well ....

Moods better since day 15 !! Feeling good at the moment !! :thanks:
                AF July 4th 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good mornin Nesters!

Hello to everyone, thanks for checking in It helped me so much in the beginning to stay connected with the others on MWO.

Daisy, sorry you fell off the wagon but great that you've hopped right back on! Do yourself a huge favor and dump any booze left in the house, promise yourself that yo won't buy more, no matter what.......
                  Wishing you the best today & everyday!

Very happy to see progress being made by so many. When your head clears & the depression lifts you begin to feel that anything is possible & it is if you want it bad enough

I have lots going on today so I'll get going. Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in here. I worked late last night and briefly read here but was too tired to do much posting. Day 9 for me and still feeling strong.

Good Morning Lavande--It's hella hot here too! I know what you mean. Thanks for your constant encouragement.

RemorseBeGone--Way to go on 17 days! :goodjob:

Daisy45--It's so great that you're back here looking for help! One step at a time. You'll get there.

Clover--Congrats on staying strong even when life gets tough. It's easy to think "I deserve this" but really that only makes things worse. Day 11 down. WTG! Hope your son is doing better soon.

4me--Welcome! How are you doing today?

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello to all, looks like everyone is doing pretty good which is great and inspiring, day 11 for me AF and despite all the physical/mental stuff I am glad I am sober even though I am mad I can't drink like a normal person....I am taking the advice of a lot of the previous posts and changing my habits of where I eat out and where I hang out....no sense going into a bar for company because 12 days ago there really was only one thing I was really going into a bar for...mornings are good even though I do not sleep more than 4 hours at a stretch, also amazing is how I look and feel compared to 11 days ago,,,,all better now than was 12 days ago and thats bottom line

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clock, so proud of you! Well, if you love horses, you hang out in a stable...if you love to drink, you hang out in bars. You get yourself to day 13, and your thinking will change...you will be able to see how you can make this a way of life, and not just something that's temporary. Of course, if you are especially stupid like me, it will take some suspicious liver results to scare you straight! But you seem to be getting your head around it. I just managed to go to a company convention and not drink! Why??? Everyone asked...What a question. I told them I made a New Years resolution to cut down..and when I did, I felt better and was able to eat more, and then I just quit and it's no big deal. Of course, IT HAS BEEN A VERY BIG DEAL...the hardest thing I've ever done, in fact. But they didn't need to know all that.
                        BTW, LTG=Long Term Goal.
                        Just keep in mind everyone, you will have good days and hard days...but over some time...about 30 days, MOST days are good...and easier!! Just tell your mind to shut the F up!!!! Don't listen to the voices that tell you it's ok...if it were ok, you wouldn't be here and neither would I.
                        To the NEW Newbies, you should read the thread "you know you're an alcoholic when" thread. It's funny and it's not funny, because most of them I've done.
                        Stay close and shout out when you need a prop!!! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

Byrdie, it really isn't anyone's business why you quit drinking!!!!!
                          Don't let anyone give you any BS, seriously
                          I've been know to just change the subect or walk away if necessary. People can be such A___holes :H

Survived another day in humidty hell here
                          Honestly, my hair is just freaking out!

Congrats everyone for tucking another AF day under you belt. Each day makes you stronger whether you realize it or not right now. I'm telling you when I hit 30 days I was so darn proud of myself & you all will be too

Wishing everyone another safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have been reading posts but not felt much like saying anything. Always enjoy posts and come right to this site every nite to read. It is a very positive atmosphere and between this site , exercise and diet I am finding staying AF to be easier than I thought it would be. Today is 18 days AF. I think you are right Lavande when you say "each day makes you stronger whether you realize it or not right now." My biggest hurdle will come on vacation in August. I always lose it then. I now have 39 days to form a plan. I am ready but vacay & being AF is uncharted water in my life. I need and would like to remain AF so maybe me stating that publicly will hold my feet to the fire.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hypernova, I went on vacation wen I was about 75 days AF, was nervous as hell about it but everything worked out just fine. I had just quit smoking too & at that point I honestly didn't evenknow who I was :H Once we figure out who we are as non-drinking, non-smoking adults everything becomes much easier Actually, it was nice to not be white knuckling a smoke while waiting in airports & flying

Hope everyone has a great AF Thursday!
                              Temps reaching 100 degrees today - hot & humid - yuck

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone! Day 10 for me and I'm feeling great and sleeping is fantastic!

Clockwatcher--Congrats on Day 11! I'm with you on looking better. Amazing, isn't it? I hope that your sleep improves.

Byrdlady--Way to do on saying NO at the convention! It is so funny the way other people get bothered when someone chooses not to drink. What's up with that?

Hypernova--Congratulations on 18 days! It's great that you're already working on your vacation plan. Stating your plan publicly is great, but state it to yourself too. In the past
                                you've lost it on vacation, but not this time! You can do it!

Lavande--My sister in frizz! Oh how I hate humidity! :H You know, I learn so much reading here. I thought this was very profound:
                                Once we figure out who we are as non-drinking, non-smoking adults everything becomes much easier.
                                It really is about redefining ourselves and becoming a person that we're unfamiliar with. A sober person!

Comment

Working...
                                X