Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Again

Probably none of you all remember me...I quit drinking for 4 months and thought I had it whipped. Man was I wrong. I found this site and the book a great help to me when I decided to quit....everyone here knows where I was coming from in some respect.

Long story short, I didn't last.......but recently I heard about Naltrexone, so off to my doctor I go.

"Go to rehab" was his answer to my request. I explained again to him that I would lose my job if I entered rehab, and that I really needed this med. "AA or your insurance company can help you with that"......I couldn't believe he was getting paid for not helping me. He didn't even know what Naltrexone was.

Anyway, I found a doctor who could prescribe the meds, but it's a two month wait for my appointment! I ordered two months supply from River Pharmacy and I am awaiting the package. My question is this:

Will I be able to cut way down or stop with Naltrexone? And has anyone here ordered from River? Guess I should have asked this before I ordered :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Niz, I sure wish I could answer your questions about naltrexone, but I've never used it. Maybe someone else here has and will be able to reply.
      Good morning, nesters. I used one of Sea's coffee filters so, get a cup of coffee and get in gear!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters ~

Thanks for the coffee Dill! Sure does taste good this morning.

Welcome Niz! Glad to have you here.

PR ~ thanks for the invite to the favorites twig...I'll find my way there:H

Sea ~ I appreciate your enthusiasm for sports. I am the exact same way...except I am a Yankees fan...but I can appreciate the Celtics. I too get very sad when football ends...except my Steelers did win the SB! Good luck to the Red Sox this year!

Hello to everyone to follow this morning. Have a fantastic day and here's to reaching and maintaining our goals

Comment

Newbies Nest

A Rod is Hot.lol.
          I have always like the Yankees, kinda, sorta Please don't tell anyone in New England as I have come very close to being beaten up for rooting for the Yankees. As you know, Huge rivalry between Red Sox and Yankees. People have been killed here over Baseball. Sick
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea,

A Rod is definitely Hot, but I am a Jeter girl..LOL I could get in huge trouble for wishing the Red Sox luck too, so I'll keep your secret if you keep mine! It's crazy how people get killed over baseball or any sport. I'll think of you when our two teams meet and will enjoy chatting with you post-game.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Our secrets are safe, but I will Never, ever betray my beloved New England Patriots. Sorry, hate the Steelers, but not as much as any team that has a "Manning" lol. I am able to separate the football from the person.lol, so still love ya. BTW Jeter is cute too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Sea ~ love ya back! Tom Brady has my vote for hottest QB even if I don't like the Pats.

Comment

Newbies Nest

You girls need help :no: :H
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know it Sunnibutt, but insanity is kinda fun.lol
                    What about our Jonathan Papelbon? Is he Hot or what. I am so gonna grab his butt if the Red Sox change their Spring training to Sarasota. I told my Dad he better break out the sleeping bag and get me some tix.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sun, I agree with Sea..insanity is kinda fun, especially when HOT guys are involved..LOL

Sea, I adore Papelbon. What a cutie. I will cross my fingers that they go to Sarasota for Spring training and you get tix!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow
                        You totally Rock CM.
                        We will just have to torture Sunni butt, but PR will give us the best twigs.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Sea! You totally rock too...I love meeting gals who love sports!
                          Yes, Sun will be in for some torture and I like that PR will give us the best twigs!
                          Have a great day Sea and to all the Nesters. Must get some work done now!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Naltrexone

Niz-
                            I cant cite any personal experience with Naltrexone, here's a link to a study that shows a considerably higher rate of abstinence with Naltrexone vs. acamprosate (campral- a drug I take).

NALTREXONE VERSUS ACAMPROSATE: ONE YEAR FOLLOW-UP OF ALCOHOL DEPENDENCE TREATMENT -- Rubio et al. 36 (5): 419 -- Alcohol and Alcoholism

Since Im nearly out of Campral (and its expensive-not covered by my crappy insurance), I may opt to try naltrexone soon.
                            While there's life, there's hope.
                            -Cicero

Comment

Newbies Nest

TresCool-thanks a lot for that link it was very informative

I am hoping that it works as well for me as it did in that study....I am just waiting for it to get here now.

You guys have a great evening :banana:

-Niz

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Yeah Sea & chopper.....come over to the sjt....'sports junkie twig'...we'll make room for others. Had lunch today with a gal I dated 25 years ago. That was quite the 'reunion'...anyhow, you all enjoy a wonderful night and a terrific Thursday. Goodnight my cherubs. Papa R

Comment

Working...
                                X