Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

HI Lavande!

Good to hear from you. I'm fine, 44 days in, looking forward to my 2 month milestone. Keep trying to read more about emotional sobriety --- isn't that what this is all about?

have a good day my friend.

hope everyone is doing well! peace and good wishes,

Comment

Newbies Nest

also longing for the bar, had one of those "I don't like Mondays" starts to the workweek which used to be better after pounding a few after work.....still enjoying not being sick all the time so going to go home and take dog for a long walk instead,,,,,if thats all I have to complain about I am pretty lucky so I am going to stay away from beers or places that sell beer for another night, day 16 in progress....thanks for letting me share

Comment

Newbies Nest

Remorse--Wow, day 22! Way to go! I've been craving a drink a lot today too for some reason. Not too happy with that, but I'm staying strong.

Life--44 days is amazing! Congratulations!

This is day 14 for me. It's weird because in some ways it feels like an eternity since I last drank, but it's only been 2 weeks! When I think of 44 days I think damn, I've got a long way to go! I think I need to stop focusing on what day it is and just think "I don't drink."

Comment

Newbies Nest

One Week Sober (The Sequel)

GOOD EVENING FELLOW NESTARIANS!!

I gotta start taking notes when I get caught up with y'all....So much good stuff to read and reply too!

Welcome Frosty - You're in a good place!

Day 7 almost done...was a mild challenge - Got let off from work early,and that has normally been just a swell time to go and get drinking. Today I ran some errands, hit the gym,got really tired and took a big nap! made the family a nice stir fry and found my hypnotherapy CD's in the mailbox!! WooHoo!!

Lav - Have you tried the PM formula from Irwin Naturals....has like 3 or 4 herbs to promote a good sleep, and 2 mg melatonin.

Ms. Byrd - You say all the great stuff! Hope to be half as lucid in my thought process someday soon!

Right now, there's still a dull fuzz between the ears, and a lot of the exhaustion...must be from the detox...

RBG - Nice work on 3 weeks...I think the kudzu has been helping me with the cravings, at least so far!

FlyAway - TWO WEEKS!! Way to go!

OK - Gonna go check out a CD now and give thanks for week one in the rear view mirror!

Thanks Gang... You're all the best!
          -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gregorino--Goodbye week 1 and onward to week 2! So happy to hear that you got your CDs.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, Everyone! It's Day 17 for me, and like Clockwatcher, I'm still feeling kind of sluggish (although it comes and goes) and my sleeping patterns are erratic. It's good to know that I'm probably still de-toxing. I've also had some stressful stuff going on, and that's pretty exhausting, too. But I am SO happy to be sober! I really do see a whole new life opening up before me! I hope everyone is enjoying their sober Monday night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw shucks - I think I'm gonna burst with happiness :H

It really is so nice to see so many Newbies moving forward, doing so well
                I can't tell you how proud you all will be as you reivent yourselves........it's a great feeling!

Thanks for the tip on the Irwin Naturals gregorino. I thought I had tried everything. This is a chronic problem for me (well for the past 15 years anyway) & I just flat out refuse sleeping pills (not with my addictive personality):no:

OK then, wishing everyone a safe Monday night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin Nesters! don't often pop in here anymore and great to see so many folks doing so well! This was a very important thread to me in my rehabilitation - saved my life really!
                  I too suffer from sleep problems - always have really and it's a real bummer. Ireland is so PC about over the counter remedies anything that's available - herbal or otherwise is prescription only. I find now that if I stay awake in the morning when hubs goes to work at 5.30AM and then don't go to bed too early at night - it helps somewhat - rotten sleep last night tho!
                  Lav thanks a million again for the chicken advice - sent you an email:thanks:
                  Anyway - have a lovely morning/evening/night - wherever you are
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have to agreed with Clover, day 17 for me today and despite emotional and physical challenges I am aware ( for a change) that life is better for me sober, not drunk at night or deathly hungover in the morning...lucky days!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday morning all Nesters!

Hey Molly, nice to see you here
                      Did better last night sleepwise ~ if it would only last

Clockwatcher, everything is better sober.......really! The more time goes on the more I appreciate being ready & able to face anything that comes my way with a clear head - nice

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday now I must get back to work!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Fly - appreciate the kudos!
                        Tried the 1st CD last night and it put me straight to sleep...gotta work out some time to do those everyday...hmmmm, maybe the time I used to spend getting plowed..there's a thought!
                        Heading to the gym and then to work, have a wonderfully sober day Nesters!
                        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Tuesday Nesters!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gregorino - enjoy those CDs ~ I did

Happy Tuesday to you too FlyAway!

Where is everyone today??

Spent three hours this afternoon waiting for my car to be inspected. Grateful I remembered my Kindle - got some good reading done I'm currently reading 'Let Go Now: Embracing Detatchment' by Karen Casey ~ very good!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing all Nesters a safe night in the Nest
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all, hope everyone is having a sober night, today was ok, had tremendous desire to drink a longneck beer at a local bar that has outside deck, bar is beside roadway at a light and I was thinking stupid thoughts while waiting for light to change; thoughts were so strong that one night wouldn't kill me that I drove home a different route out of fear of what I would do....day 17 and I take a probably disproportionate enjoyment/satisfaction in tracking my days without booze right now, it is comforting and makes me drive away from trouble let alone recognize trouble...thank God for numbers....

Comment

Working...
                                X