Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

PR, isn't that a kind of long time between "dates"?! LOL! I am curious as to how it happened. Did you just sort of run into each other on accident, or did one of you initiate the reunion? It reminded me of a story. My nephew married his high school sweetheart some 15 years after high school. They bumped into each other one day, then one did a follow up call. They were both still single and the flame was reignited. Made a cute story at the wedding reception.
    Have a great day, nesters! Coffee and donuts are ready.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. Just checking in again on day 10. I haven't been posting because I REALLY, REALLY didn't want to hear encouraging words after I broke my promise to myself. It isn't OK, at least not for me, and I didn't want to hear anyone saying that it was. (That is just me.) . That said, the urge to drink has been continuously with me for the last 24 hours, and today is going to be a bear. It will be a bear, and I will not drink, even though I have ample privacy and opportunity to do so. I cannot drink and pretend to be sane, I cannot drink and pretend to be moral, I cannot drink and continue to live.
      I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on day 10 Sarah! And, yes, for some reason day 10 does tend to be a bear. Just remember that the cravings (thoughts) WILL pass and leave if you let them Wishing you lots of strength today!

PAPA Renewal!!!!! You don't give us a little tid bit like that and NOT ELABORATE! Sheeesh! We want the DIRT!

Dillie... Get those doughnuts outta here or I will hold you personally responsible for that vanishing waist line of mine!

Both my kids are home sick today (sleep deprivation, mostly)... one because of his shoulder, the other one with a cold and a heart ache... oh, to be that young again, eh? Anyways, I'm getting kind of a late start here today - better start catching up! Have a fabulous day, all!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,

Hey Dill, thanks for the coffee and donuts. I think I will "indulge" today

PR, thanks for the space on the SJT. I will gladly join you, Sea and others there! Yes, you must elaborate on your date.

Sarah, great job on day 10!!! Keep up the great work!

Sun, sorry to hear about the kids. Hope all is better soon!

Have a wonderful day everyone. I am going to enjoy the sunshine today and soak up as many rays as possible!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Jeeeez, haven't I raised you all better than that??? Snoopin into Papa's business? Well, first of all, get your minds out of the gutter, as there was none of that goin on.....we dated 25 years ago.....ugly breakup, mostly because of me.....didn't see or hear from each other once in those 25 years. When e-mails went out advertising our 30 year high school reunion, she saw my e-mail and dropped me a note.....turned out she had moved to Arizona within a couple months of the time I did 6 years ago.....I wrote her back and asked her out to breakfast (this was about a year and a half ago)......we reunited, at which time I apologized for the way I handled things back then. She had just re-married about a month prior to that, but we saw each other a few times before she & her husband moved back to California about 9 months ago........she had visited down here for spring training this past week and wanted to see me again, hence.....our lunch yesterday. We are good friends and 'have repaired what had been broken'.......okay you snoops.....now you're caught up.
            Pops

Comment

Newbies Nest

PR, that was a nice story. Thanks for sharing. We were NOT SNOOPING! Just showing concern. Sheesh! Touchy, touchy, touchy!
              Made me wonder another thing: did you go to your high school reunion? I have been to none of them and never had the least desire to return. I graduated in 1970, so you see, it's odd for you to be my Papa! Anyone else do high school reunions?
              Sunny, sorry 'bout your waistline issues. I'll put out low cal stuff next time....(yuck).
              ChoppersMom: glad you appreciate a good donut now and again!
              SarahH, congrats on day 10!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

PR, that is a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing!

Dill, I am with you. While I graduated in 1991, I didn't go to my 10 year and I am not planning on going to the 20 year...at least right now. I had my son when I was at the end of my Sophomore year, so my last two years were difficult and I really found out who my friends were! Reunions just don't appeal to me.

Can't wait to hear others' reunion stories though!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Dill, I still qualify as 'your papa', as I FEEL older than you do......and no, I haven't attended my reunions. Didn't want to do the travel and expense to this latest one, and.....well, to be honest, just don't have a real need or desire to go back to 'that time'......High school wasn't a bad experience, but wasn't great either, so don't feel the need to reunite.....for others who were involved in everything, I can see their desire......
                  PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hellish, hellish day, but I made it through. Signing off for tonight. See you tomorrow on day 11. At the worst part I binged on five servings of sugar free skim milk chocolate pudding. It made me feel just as sick as if I had binged on the whole fat milk with sugar version! At least this urge to barf has nothing to do with alcohol!

Have a great evening everyone.
                    I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Goodnight my little ones.....I'm gone the next 2 days, so take good care of my 'G'....have a wonderful weekend in the nest.
                      PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, new or esablished.

R - we almost had a kitten this week - DH saw it crossing a really busy road, but by the time he stopped the car it had gone. I think he was quite disappointed. If one turns up we'll have it, but I'm not looking purposefully.

My friend has just 'lost' a cat. She suspects its been taken by a snake as they live on the edge of a piece of Jungle and have frequent snake sightings. Her other cat is huge though so pretty safe.

Nothing much else to say - Have a great weekend all.

Bxx
                        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 11. Starting out like day 10. Oh well. No one said it would be easy. Hope everyone has a good day today, cats and kittens included.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey SarahH, anything we can do to help?
                            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all,

Just wanted to wish everyone a great weekend! I am especially busy with my college work this weekend, but will check in with everyone. Have a good one!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Betty. Not really, but I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                                X