Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

gregorino;1157772 wrote: I was going to get one a couple years ago when my mother in law dragged hers out of a closet...was like never used and still had the goofy instruction book. Worked great for awhile, but has been getting harder and harder to open...I am still lamenting the entombed roast...
    :biglaughmonkey::biglaughmonkey::biglaughmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

4me--Great job on Day 3. Do you have a health food store nearby? The l-Glutamine helped me tremendously.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Home again after another day at the office - earlier than yetserday and that made it harder - had to stop for gas, and so tempted to stop for my gas - drove on and came home, logged on to find my support and here it is!Day three will be a success.
        Dreading the weekend - Friday is my 16th weeding anniversary - last year I was hoping we would make it - this year I am asking for a divorce after almost 10months of separation - so sad, but what a mess he has made of our lives - at nearly 50 I hope I have enough time to straighten out financially so I can retire one day!
        Oh well, onward and upward - and AF is part of the new improved me!!!
        My brain is fried, so I can't acknowledge everyone individually - but you all mean the world to me and are getting me thru this!! Thank you....
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

scottish lass;1157782 wrote: Home again after another day at the office - earlier than yetserday and that made it harder - had to stop for gas, and so tempted to stop for my gas - drove on and came home, logged on to find my support and here it is!Day three will be a success.
          Dreading the weekend - Friday is my 16th weeding anniversary - last year I was hoping we would make it - this year I am asking for a divorce after almost 10months of separation - so sad, but what a mess he has made of our lives - at nearly 50 I hope I have enough time to straighten out financially so I can retire one day!
          Oh well, onward and upward - and AF is part of the new improved me!!!
          My brain is fried, so I can't acknowledge everyone individually - but you all mean the world to me and are getting me thru this!! Thank you....
          Aww SL, I'm so sorry. Good job on staying AF even with all of the stress in your life. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Nesters!

So much going on here today my tired granny brain can't keep up :H
            But I do want to say congrats to everyone making progress on day 2 or 100!!! Wonderful

My pre-storm headache always goes away after the rain starts......it just acts up before the rain

SL, I am sorry about your husband. Mine was/is the cause of 99% of my stress too but I decided nearly 2 1/2 years ago that drinking doesn't help a darn thing, it won't change him or what he did or didn't do. I count on the MWO for a lot of support & I hope you know you can as well :l Hope all is well with your girls too.

OK, wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

doing my night fly over!
              I love our nest!

Brydie and Lavande: you are the muses/guides of our little 1298 page thread! wishing you both well....how were those meatballs? yummo.

Greg and flyaway: you guys are always so supportive and encouraging - love reading your posts - they give me a lift when I need it. Just stay out of my kitchen [greg!]

Noxy/Hypernova/Remorsebegone/NELY: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! you are all racking up the days - leading by awesome example.

bottlestopper - congrats on day 2. you are so lucky to have a supportive sister. call and reach out to her when you feel vulnerable - not the damn poison.

scottishlass: so sorry to hear about your situation. But I think it is great that you refuse to make life worse by drinking. Booze only complicates life - it doesn't solve our problems. hang in and keep posting here, especially this weekend.

clover: congrats on 3 weeks. You asked about being tired, etc. I had a relatively easy detox - at least the first week - but, like you, things kicked in around 3rd week. Just the body changing and adjusting - let yourself rest and heal. word of caution: aroudn that time, I thought, "well maybe just a drink - maybe I need to wean myself off of the stuff" Don't give in. I'm better now - just let your body rest. The energy comes back.

ok, i'm pooped. I'll check in tomorrow. sleep soundly and sweet dreams in the nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome !!! Just checking in to say all is well.. I am meeting with my friend today and we are going to a movie ... will check in later with a longer post !! hugs peace and love to all the nesters !! xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Everyone. I've been on the "All I want ...." thread, but want to spend time here as well. I'm in a hurry to get off to work, but wanted to at least say "hey."

Life: thank you for telling me about the 3-week thing. My fitst week of detox was pretty easy, too, once the 2-day hangover was gone. I'll certainly heed your word of warning, I know how those thoughts can come creeping in! I am going to take it easy, try to de-stress and get some exercise. I'm SO looking forward to some Autumn weather and being outside a lot more in some energizing weather!

I wish you all a lovely, sober Thursday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thankful Thursday

It's great day to be sober in The Nest!

Scottish Lass - Our hearts go out to you - But as Take2 so aptly put it, the AL won't make anything any better; only worse. Excellent job resisting the temptation to stop...don't let the addicted cells have a voice - you are done with them. All will work out for you because each day you will be gaining more and more clarity and confidence...I know it's hard to tell that now, but just look at how our Nestmates who have 2, or 3, or 6 months are doing (not to mention Sweet Lav!) - We're going to get there too, one day at a time!

Hello Noxy / 4Me / Clover / FlyAway / Byrdie / Take2 - Wishing you all a wonderful day -
                    Will stop back later on.
                    -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nest! Just checking in on the flock before I start my day. Noxy I hope you have a lot of fun with your friend. Have a happy Thursday and I'll check back later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Happy to be alive & clear headed again today
                        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!! I am so happy to be sober 5 Thursdays in a row. Time surely does fly. But it feels much more enjoyable and I have so much more time now that I am not spending hours on end drinking and then nursing hangovers. What a waste of time. 24 hours in every day ~~ much more rewarding to use them wisely.
                          Peace and good health to all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back again >>> went to see Horrible Bosses ... was very very funny ! Lots of swearing but very worthwhile... laughter is indeed a pick me up !!! Just got home after doing my mums taxi round >>> really feel like a glass of wine but I decided to make some TEA and check in with everyone! Going to start dinner ( love to cook ) hubby is Italian !!! I will resist the wine cellar at all costs and promise to check in again later ... luvies to everyone xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greg...I'm so sorry about the loss of your roast. My heart goes out to you and your hungry family ...Roasts come and go in our lives...but the ones that are prematurely cut short are particularly painful to let go. I hope you can move on to find red meat happiness in the future.

I made a simple yet deliciously sticky cake 2 weeks ago...yellow cake mix , fruit cocktail and an egg. The simplicity of it was sheer genious! I covered it for the afternoon and then after dinner lifted the lid and there was a sea of ants enjoying the fruits of my labor. "Dam them," I said, as I raised a finger to heaven! Some things are just not meant to be.
                              Hugs to the nest! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,
                                My MIL moved to Florida years ago & couldn't keep ants (and other critters) out of her food. I refused to eat anything there when visiting her :H
                                The ants never made it inside my house this year & for that I am grateful
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X