Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am going to a soccer game tomorrow and we are supposed to go tailgating before the game.....I am really worried that I will give in and get completely wasted....why can't I just control myself??
    AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I didn't have time to make coffee this morning as I was running late. Sorry guys! Back from another long day at work! But, it's the weekend, so that's good! Hope you all have a good one. I suppose some of us will be watching basketball. Is there a SLT? (sports lovers twig)
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

I haven't posted in awhile. But no I haven't been drinking. 69 af days for me today. I've just had a lot on my plate these last 2 weeks. I've been spending a lot of time over at my 89 yr old Mother's. And she doesn't have a computor. HB and I are going away next week for 2 weeks. So I've hired a woman to go to my mom's and do "things" for her as well as a brother and sister who will be checking on her. So that and getting ready for this trip and other things have kept me busy, busy.

I'm looking forward to this trip. It will be my first sober vacation in a very long time.

I hope everyone is doing great. Pappa R how is G cat doing? I hope you aren't working too hard at work.

As Dill would say-I'm dirty dog tired-so I'm grabbing a twig and settle in for the night.

Nite peeps
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Ive never posted here...but Im new...I started campral last friday this is day 8..... I drank sunday,,,but i havent had a drik since....the capral seems to have taken the desre away...unfortunately its made me feel kinda blah...all I seem to do is stay on my computer.. but hopefully things wil balance out... we are all in this together... I have faith in all of us..we can love ourselevs and live happy meanigful lives..!!!:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello!
            Please no one take offense to this...but Dill, Lil, Sunni, SweEty, Sea, PR, LO---I have missed you guys so much!!!! These just seem to be the people (and I may have missed a few, I'm sorry) that were the constant contact when i first started....but not very currently...like the past week, if that makes sense??? This week has been hell at work...had 4 kids removed from the home for abuse and neglect...very hard on me...been a family I'd been working with for 3 years...I had no idea how bad...was told by the Capt. (of police) worse house he'd been in since on patrol and in the town and didn't know how the kids had survived this long...I felt like a failure....of course everyone at work and the force tried to make me feel better.."it's victory"...but really??? I'm still sick about it....that was yesterday, then today with the cops until 4 with another case of a kid getting beat....so glad to get home tonight....but no!!!! I had a parent come banging on my door confronting me in front of my son on my front step!!!! Joys of my job in a small town huh? Been a tough week!! I'm beat...and yes...right now having a glass of wine! Sorry everyone...I'm not slamming an 18 pack of beer to numb....just sipping....but long story really long...Dill and Lil it was so nice to read your posts...brought a smile to my face...hadn't heard from you guys in awhile!! Lil--enjoy your trip!!! Post when you get a chance!!
            Dill--scoot the buns over on the sports twig...I'm with ya sista!!!!
            But I better go play with my son...he want to take me on in checkers!!!
            Later!!!:l
            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to say good night to everyone!

Lil, please enjoy your trip!

Dill and SD ~ make room for me on the SLT!!

SD~ sorry you had such a rough day. I hope you can relax and enjoy playing with your son!

Night all:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Goodnight little ones....midnight & just got home before doin it again tomorrow...SD, I'll write more to you when I have more time....hope everyone had a wonderful day....
                G-Nite cherubs.....gotta go spoil 'G' for a while
                PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night R. Hi SD! Sorry you've had a hard time I'm just busy with college work etc., and also trying out 'modding', and didn't want to talk about it on here.

I've just been out for a nice breakfast with friends - my idea as there was no posssibility of alcohol that early in the morning, was nice to relax and catch up. And I wore a dress! I haven't lost any weight, but I have lost my pimply back/front/shoulders, and generally feel more confident.

I also need to get my eyes checked - headaches through too much screen time I think!

Its 3pm and I'm gong to have myself a little Nana Nap.

Bx
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD, I'm so sorry to hear about the rough time you had. As I was reading it I thought, "Well, If SD didn't live in South Dakota, I'd have to wonder if she was one of my co workers!" We had a similar situation going here with one a couple of the students I work with. They were removed from their home this week, too. Very sad situation. I can also relate to the small town work experience. Lucky for me, I haven't had an irate parent show up at my door, yet! Probably won't as I am a Speech Therapist, not a Psych, or a counsellor or teacher. But, you never know. Take care of yourself! Sometimes we can't fix things. But I'm still confident you made a good difference by caring and making your efforts.

Lil, I'm happy to see ya! It's been awhile. I kept a special twig ready for you.
                    Sweaty, Wow! A dress?! CM, I think you can have my spot on the SLT. I haven't been following the march madness this year. I'm mostly a big NFL fan.

Hang in SaraH! Keep checking in.

Welcome, ronaldolover, and davenc!:welcome::welcome:
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
                      Been peeking from the edges for quite some time... ready to start building. I listened to my hypnosis CD this morning, have been taking supplements all week, and this afternoon I start my first 25 mg of topo. I'm very excited right now.
                      Woke up and it's raining here in Annapolis. So my planned "power walk" will have to be put off until it clears up a little more. I guess that's my lesson, not everything has to be perfect to set new plans in motion. The sun doesn't have to be out and a lovely 65 degrees. I just have to take what's here and make the best of it. That hasn't been my strong suit in life so far.
                      Anyway, I find so many of your stories inspirational. 69 days lilmea! I can't imagine.
                      No buddy system set up, so I promised myself I would post each day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm a newbie, too. Been in and out of MWO for a while, but am committed to AF now. I've wasted too much time and money, embarrassed myself and family too much, and am carrying way too much shame. It's time to put down the drink and try something else...abstinence. Wish me well and hope it is okay to jump in like this!

Sante

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday to all Nesters!

I hope everyone enjoys there day. I am soaking up the liquid sunshine here in Oregon. It's ok as I have a ton of housework to do!

Dill, I too am a huge NFL fan. I wish football was year-long!

Welcome to all the newbies! Glad to have you hear and look forward to getting to know all of you.

Take care~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry guys. I have not been on because I lost my electricity yesterday. I just had to pay an electrician $100 to fix it; took him 5 minutes; nice job he has.
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Henrietta and sante, glad to have you in the nest! :welcome::welcome:Sea, glad you're back! That's too bad about the electric. Geesh!
                              Well, it's been another AF day here and I'm going to find a comfy twig. I'm feeling kind of grumpy so I'll just grab a spot in the corner on the GGT: grumpy, grouch twig. 'night all.
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

'Phase 2 over'....made it through another weekend at work.....another 'toughie'....sweet dreams my little ones.....let's all enjoy our Sunday.
                                PR....and a happy 'G'

Comment

Working...
                                X