Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Suns...where are you from, Hun? Using "ya'll" is serious bidness if you're not from around here! I loved reading your post. I don't know what's up with all the cleaning, but I'm with you...it sure needed doing. The more I do the better it feels, too! This can not be a bad thing. I'm just glad nobody else saw the squaller!!
    Rita, I am so happy for your success...may I say that you are over the worst! You get yourself to day 13 and things just get easier and easier...before you know it, you will have miscounted your days only to find there are more than you thought!
    I can certainly see that if there's a doubt in your mind that you can drink again and be ok, that this would be a long journey to no where. I guess you get to a point of trying and failing where you just come to finally realize you can't moderate...like Suns said, if after 30days you still have doubts then that's probably the addition talking. But there is no question in my mind (thru many, many tries, God knows I gave it the old college try) that this is something that I cannot control. This should not be news to me, because I'm also like that with a candy bar, or other treat...I consume it until it is gone. I can't take a couple bites of a Snicker's bar, and leave the rest for later. How DO people do this?? Unlike vanilla ice cream. As many times as I've been sick on AL you'd think I'd never touch it again. (head shaking) The Hope you can drink again, in this world of addiction, is NOT a good thing. It will pull you back into it. I DO have hope, and lots of it, regarding my new world! And I feel like a fresh faced teen again! I was thinking yesterday, that the only way I'd take a drink again were if I were drunk...That's like looking into a mirror looking into a mirror looking into a mirror. OY.
    Here's to a day filled with ice cream!!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just dropping in for a quick hello. Today is 4 weeks for me! I've got a long night ahead of me working and probably won't be home until 1-2am.

Sunsign--I took 1000mg of L-Glut 3-4 times a day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 36 AF

Greetings all..

So much good news around this place - all good here today on Day 36 .
        AF July 4th 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Just dropping by for a quick hello! Hope all is well with each and every one of you....for newbies, people racking up days, people starting again....

The heat is finally getting to me...feel wiped out today.

58 days in....lost 9 lbs, but boy does alcohol/sugar weight come off slowly...another reason to never pick up that bottle again!!

be good...be well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick post too - Happy Monday - and it is indeed without a hangover! I feel ready to face the week - it is a crazy one on the horizon, so I will read (i know if I don't check in daily that I will struggle a lot, or even fail) but I will possibly not be posting too much!
            Have a great week all - we can do this, slowly but surely where there is the will, there is the way.
            So many success - little, medium, large - all great!
            I have made one week, and heading for week two..
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd, we're practically neighbors--I'm in South Cackalacky!
              Fly, thanks for the L-Glut tip! I'll try it to see how it works.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! Everyone is doing so well, it is very uplifting!

Lav, I wondered why you mentioned the wine store in previous threads, I thought, "why doesn't she just get the wine at the grocery store like normal people." LOL I wish it wasn't there as well, but it is and always will be, so I need to fill the void with skinny cows.

Greg, good advice, thanks. Yesterday AF, today AF, ODAT!

Sun, wow, I don't know how you remember all of those posts, you must take notes. Thanks for the encouragement. I think it was you that said Calms Forte helped you sleep. I took it last night and I haven't slept that well in a while. I started the supplements yesterday and am feeling great, especially with the good rest.

Have a great day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK -
                  I admit I just finished a Milky way bar

Fly Away, a big CONGRATS to you for your 4 AF weeks! What a great feeling

RBG, awesome on 36 days!!

life...take2 - the heat is what drove me to the candy bar sitting in the fridge
                  Congrats on the weight loss!!

SL, good for you enjoying a clear-headed Monday

Byrdie & Sunsign, don't melt down in the Southern heat......it's hot enough up here, really.

4me, it always freaked me out when traveling throughout the country & in Europe too to find wine in the food markets. I'd probably be dead by now if the food stores around here sold wine :H
                  Glad you are feeling good

I should get back to work....
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I forgot to tell you...I took a choo choo train cake to my walking partner's grandson yesterday...he's 4. When I took it out of the wrap, he said 'is this for ME? Mom, is it my BIRTHDAY??" He was just filled with glee...and so was I. I'm not sure I've ever seen such a little person over whelmed...he touched the jelly beans and the M&M's and looked up and said, 'I can't wait to eat some!' This is the buzz I was looking for. Making this cake gave me something to do and keep my mind occupied, and it certainly brought joy to this little fellow.
                    Next time you get in a low mood, try doing something for someone else....it might turn things around for you. Love you all, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK - don't get me started on wine in stores - it is bad enough that it is in grocery stores, but it is also in convenicence stores, target (where you have to go if youhave kids - the ultimate stock up store), gas stations (and isn't that where drivers go for fuel??? really??), and all other stores. I spend the money I save on AL trying to get out of financial hell - but every so often I have to get something for myself - supplements, a book, flowers or a plant - last Sunday I nipped out for a pedi, and there was a damn bar in the nail salon - for goodness sake!!! OK - off my sounding block now :H:H
                      Bryd - so agree - giving a little joy to others is so incredibly uplifting, thanks for the reminder!
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where I live they recently changed the law that AL can only be in the AL section of the supermarket. It used to be at the end of every isle- wine on special. And now you can't buy it before 10.30am-before that it is all blocked off. But I still buy wine for my hubby, doesn't bother me which I am surprised by. I had planned to tell him that if he wants any AL he can buy it himself but I am so used to doing it with the shopping I am fine. But he drinks 1-2 bottles a week. I drank 3 times that much. AL is everywhere here, every house I walk into, every social function, every family occassion. I have decided I am not drinking it anymore ever again and am so happy to feel so well- especially on a Monday- that I know I can't remove it from my environment.

Bryd- that cake sounded so cool! I have found that I am more willing to do things for others lately-another good side-effect to an AF life?
                        SL- excellent work on your week. AL in a Nail Salon is a bit much!

Hope all the other Nesters are having a great Monday.
                        SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - I'm another one who loves to put a smile on a kid's face
                          It just makes my day to hear my grandson walk in the door calling 'Miiiiii Mommmm!!!!
                          He actually likes me :H

SL - can you move to Pennsylvania? Honestly, you have to go to a state run store to but wine or booze here - or a bar. I know they have tried a few sales in food stores in other parts of the state but not here in cow country :no: and certainly not in Target!!!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good news from happy people--what could be better!!!

Too many to list, so congrats all on the days down, and keep it up! We're in this together.

I don't know which day I'm on, but Aug. 17 will be 30. I'm not too bothered about having any AL at all. Wow, how did that happen? Because of you!

:lipstick::lipstick::lipstick::
                            Juja
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening, Everyone! I'm in Florida and can't actually think of a store that does NOT sell wine! Even drug stores and health food stores sell wine! I haven't really felt the need to avoid the wine aisles, but I don't purposely head over there to browse either. And there are several wine bars in my city. That's not a problem, I stopped going to bars years ago. Truth is, I was getting scared to take my little show on the road, so I drank mostly solo in the so-called safety of my home. Yeah, where I fell down on numerous occasions and even broke a rib. There was a wonderful, very handsome actor from many decades ago: William Holden. He was an alcoholic, and one night got very drunk (alone) and fell down the stairs at his home .... and bled to death. When I think how often I skirted outright disaster, it amazes me!

How luck we all are to be here! I hope you all have a wonderful, sober Monday night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me too Clover

Congrats Juja - you are doing well

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X