Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

SunSign... you didn't mention how many tix you can get for us? ehehe. What you are hearing is The Voice, girl. Remember the hard question I finally asked myself and it was downright ugly....'would I want to be married to me?'. I think your Intended would much rather have the real you than any liquored up version of you. Yes, you CAN still have fun..yes, you CAN still talk to people and be funny. I hope you can still dance, but that's another story. The bottom line...what sane person would WANT to be with a staggering, loud obnoxious person? He met and fell in love with YOU. And you know what else...better to find that out now than to wait 10 years and learn the hard way. Half of what you had sucks, trust me on that one. If your best life is AF, and whose on here isn't, then be that person, and let the chips fall where they may. Drinking to please other people is not in the rule book anymore. To thine own self be true. Who said that, Mickey Mouse? Whoever said that was right.... what you are doing is important, don't blow your quit for anyone!!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great advice Byrdie! And Sunsign, you love music fests. If you don't know how to do it sober then you need to learn. The only way to learn it is to do it. Go, sing, dance, and have fun.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SunSign - Day 8... You ARE Wonder Woman!
        Don't swat it you fall asleep during the CD's...your subconscious can hear just fine! I've been getting up way early (now that I can!) and doing the gym before work, so when I'm done at 3 PM I go home, put on the headphones, my arms get heavy, I go down the escalator, and i am G-O-N-E!! Yeah, and then I wake up when he brings me out, but then I am good to go for the rest of the day, and I'm not craving - actually pretty peaceful!
        Oh, and What Ms. Byrdie Says re: Your True Self.

Nova- Sounds like you're getting the plan together. Write the screenplay entitled, "My Sober Vacation - The Best One Ever!" You're gonna do fine!

Hi FlyAway!
        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!

Greg, no the cd's haven't come yet. I can't wait to get them! Low carb does work, I lost 20 lbs last year on it in 2 months.

Hypernova, day 38 amazing! Have a great vacation!

Flyaway, Day 29, you rock!

Sunsign, I agree with Byrdie, if he loves you now he will love you even more for caring enough about your future together to be AF. Go and have fun!

Have a great day all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So tomorrow, this little AF bird flies off to the mini-vacation, wedding extravaganza. While I have decided that I will not drink again...NO MATTER WHAT...I know I still need a very specific plan to battle the VOICE and any temptation opportunity that might unexpectedly pop up.

I will have a little Byrdie on my right shoulder and a flock of fine new friends hover about to help me through this next challenge. Like you, Hypernova, this will be my first AF vacation in recent memory.

I don't know if I'll have internet access where we're staying - we're kind of out in the boonies. I'll be thinking of all of you and will be sending you good, positive energy to keep moving ahead one step after another toward your goals.

For now, I'm off to the doc to see what the #$&(#*& is going on with my GI track...gurgle, gurgle, cramp...aiyeeee!
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Turnagain...gurgle, gurgle, cramp, cramp....you are in MY neck of the woods! I hope yours is simply a diet change. Mine is Ulcerative Colitis/Crohn's. Good luck I will pray that this is just a simple fix for you. Head shaking...it's ALWAYS something!!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gregorino--You sound like you are going strong! I'm impressed with your early morning workouts.

4me--I love low carb! I hope that the CDs find you soon.

Turnagain--You are so right. We'll be there with you! You can do this!

Byrdie--I think I forgot to say this, but that grilled banana thing sounds soooo good! I'm definitely going to try it! There's a Dutch market near me that makes a peanut butter ice cream that's fantastic. I think that on top of a grilled banana with some chocolate sauce and whipped cream would be out of this world!

Comment

Newbies Nest

TurnAgain - You're going to be just fine - you have a whole flock her rooting for you! Have a wonerdfully sober time! Congrats!

Ms Byrdie - Have you considered acupuncture for the Crohn's? I had a neighbor years ago who was terribly afflicted....by chance he tried acupuncture, and in a few weeks he was like a new person. I went to the same practitioner for high liver enzymes, and she did wonderful work with that too!

Hey FlyAway - The workouts atr the only thing keeping my weight stable, as I tend to get pretty ravenous at the witching hour! Hopefully, that'll taper off soon!

Check back later!
                  -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all!

Hello to everyone who stopped in today & congrats on your progress

Just had the second thuinderstorm of the day & more likely on the way
                    Well, at least my plants have had some water.

TurnAgain, stick to your plan, stay positive & you will do fine
                    My quit date was March 26 & I flew to Quebec for a 4 day getaway the first week of June (2009). That was, for all intents & purposes my big test. I had also quit smoking May 19 & kept both quits without any problem ~ primarily because I was determined!!!

I had also gotten to the point of having non-stop GI gurgling, etc. A few weeks ago I decided to go dairy-free for one week to see what happens. In 2 days time all the gurgling stopped!!!! So I think I'll just stay away from dairy products for now & enjoy the peace & quiet

greg, accupuncture really rocks! My BIL has had 4 failed back surgeries & the only thing keeping him on his feet these days is accupuncture.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Funny you both mentioned acupuncture. I'm planning on calling an acupuncturist tomorrow to make an appointment for many issues.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening, Everyone. I wanted to take a few minutes to check in. It has not been a very good day for me. Today is my son's 21st birthday. We had plans to take him out to dinner, but he didn't show up. He went over to his psycho drug addict girlfriend's place last night and hasn't come home at all today. It looks like I just have to give up on him, once and for all. I've wasted WAY too much time and emotion, been an absolute wreck over him and, of course, gotten loaded over it more times than I could count .... and it is all for nothing. I hate to just completely withdraw from my kid's life, but I really have to now for my sanity and sobriety.

The good news is that, although getting good and drunk crossed my mind tonight .... it was ever so brief and fleeting a thought. I'm looking forward to many, many more sober days, weeks, months and years! Now I just need to start getting my lazy ass to the gym again!

I wish you all a nice, sober evening!

Comment

Newbies Nest

FlyAway - maybe we should look into a group discount for accupuncture :H

Clover, hang in there - kids have to live out their dramas too. He'll be back when he wakes up & realizes he needs his family :l

Think I'm going to run out & close up the chicken house before it starts raining again

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clover I'm so sorry. There gets to be a time where you can't do it for them anymore. Does he still live with you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, Lavande and FlyAway. He doesn't live with me; he lives with his dad. We had shared custody for several years, but when he turned 18 he started spending most of his time there. He has the entire upstairs to himself ... and complete freedom ... his dad works a lot and goes out at night a lot, too. One day he'll get it, but that might not happen for a while.

I need to just let go. That is something AA stresses. Let go and let God. I don't go to AA, but did many years ago. I liked the support of the meetings, but it would feel more stressful for me right now to go to meetings. I don't know if anyone here does AA, but I just don't think I can right now.

I'm very glad to see how great everyone is doing!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clover & Today

Clover, I'm so sorry your heart is hurting right now. :l
                                Today, I'm sorry I missed your post earlier. Congrats on Day 3 and you're so brave for making that doctor's appointment. We'll be cheering you on!

Comment

Working...
                                X