Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ok, I hate to be stupid...who doesn't? But when I read a post from, ex. Lav, and want to reply right then, I can't, right? I wait until the end of the unread messages and then try and remember everyone who posted (and NOT doing a very good job of it). Can you reply as you go? Life must be so much easier for smart people.
    Life...you are just showing off!!! Look at you! I'm so proud I could come over there and hug your neck! Everyone doing so well. It makes a byrd proud! The best part is knowing there are people all over the world with this same dang problem. I'm so glad I found this nest. It has literally saved my life.
    Hubs and I met with surgeon today for Prostate cancer, meet with radiologist tomorrow. I guess the good news is that there isn't a big rush to do anything...but the bad news...well, most people know the bad news. So will keep the nest updated on that.
    Greg...with such a charming dad, how could that kid possibly misbehave? You should make her forfeit her portion of the pot roast in retaliation. THAT'LL teach her. Glad you got a shiny new cooker. I personally, am afraid of a pressure cooker. My intrepid mom had 2 blow up in the kitchen. I cleaned wayyy too much roast beef off the ceiling. Of course, she would turn it up on high and get distracted by one of us 5 kids. Poor thing, trying to save some time by using it. But I am thrilled that you are finding happiness with yours. I'm more of a slow cooker girl, myself.
    Hugs to everyone who pops in...all my love, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1161993 wrote: Ok, I hate to be stupid...who doesn't? But when I read a post from, ex. Lav, and want to reply right then, I can't, right? I wait until the end of the unread messages and then try and remember everyone who posted (and NOT doing a very good job of it). Can you reply as you go? Life must be so much easier for smart people.
      Life...you are just showing off!!! Look at you! I'm so proud I could come over there and hug your neck! Everyone doing so well. It makes a byrd proud! The best part is knowing there are people all over the world with this same dang problem. I'm so glad I found this nest. It has literally saved my life.
      Hubs and I met with surgeon today for Prostate cancer, meet with radiologist tomorrow. I guess the good news is that there isn't a big rush to do anything...but the bad news...well, most people know the bad news. So will keep the nest updated on that.
      Greg...with such a charming dad, how could that kid possibly misbehave? You should make her forfeit her portion of the pot roast in retaliation. THAT'LL teach her. Glad you got a shiny new cooker. I personally, am afraid of a pressure cooker. My intrepid mom had 2 blow up in the kitchen. I cleaned wayyy too much roast beef off the ceiling. Of course, she would turn it up on high and get distracted by one of us 5 kids. Poor thing, trying to save some time by using it. But I am thrilled that you are finding happiness with yours. I'm more of a slow cooker girl, myself.
      Hugs to everyone who pops in...all my love, Byrdie
      Byrdie, when you hit the "Post Reply" button at the end of the thread, slew the page down before replying to anyone. The last 10 posts from the thread are listed below the box where you can reply. That's all I do. So I roll the page down and read a post from someone, then roll the page up and type my reply. I don't send it, but I roll the page back down and read another post, then roll the page up and reply. Etc. When I'm all done I then hit the "Submit Reply" button.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi ya nesters!

I am happy to be halfway done day 6, and will be off to meet my best friend for dinner. Thai! Any recommendations?? Yellow, green or RED.. mmmm. (used to be my favorite red was shiraz) I love spicy food and haven't been able to stomach it this last couple weeks. Sure looking forward to it tonight!

There is just something wonderful about finishing work and knowing you can check in here (and give happy update for once) and know I will be able to get comfy with a friend and really open up. She gets me and luckily isn't much of a drinker.. she is an overeater though and does understand about cravings and feeling weak and about feeling strong too. She is in OA and said she will come with me to AA. What a friend!

So lucky to have so much support (but maybe I was paying more attention to my wine or my vodka than those around me) Feel great today! I haven't taken any L-Glut today to see if I would feel little more awake and am still bit tired. Maybe its that crazy drink-a-thon I went on last week?? hmmmm

If you have a best friend, give them a mental hug (or a real one!). They are lucky to have you, remember that! Wishing everyone a great night and will check in later when I am home. Might need one of those dessert recipes everyone talking about!!

:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today;1162045 wrote: Hi ya nesters!

I am happy to be halfway done day 6, and will be off to meet my best friend for dinner. Thai! Any recommendations?? Yellow, green or RED.. mmmm. (used to be my favorite red was shiraz) I love spicy food and haven't been able to stomach it this last couple weeks. Sure looking forward to it tonight!

There is just something wonderful about finishing work and knowing you can check in here (and give happy update for once) and know I will be able to get comfy with a friend and really open up. She gets me and luckily isn't much of a drinker.. she is an overeater though and does understand about cravings and feeling weak and about feeling strong too. She is in OA and said she will come with me to AA. What a friend!

So lucky to have so much support (but maybe I was paying more attention to my wine or my vodka than those around me) Feel great today! I haven't taken any L-Glut today to see if I would feel little more awake and am still bit tired. Maybe its that crazy drink-a-thon I went on last week?? hmmmm

If you have a best friend, give them a mental hug (or a real one!). They are lucky to have you, remember that! Wishing everyone a great night and will check in later when I am home. Might need one of those dessert recipes everyone talking about!!

:thanks:
          So glad to see you here! I was getting ready to leave the nest and go looking for you! Haven't seen you around in a couple days and I was getting worried. It's great that you have a friend you can confide in.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Super busy day for me but a good one

Byrdie, I am sorry to hear about your husband. Hope his plan of Tx is settled soon. Waiting & anticipation can be the worst part of almost anything

Greg, the deal making with the teens requires finding out what is most important to them & taking that away (or threatening to do so). When our daughter was around 12 or 13 she became mouthy, stomping around, slamming her bedroom door, etc. Well, one day my husband told her if you slam that door one more time I'll take it off ~ and he did!!!! She had to live for a week with no door to her bedroom. Losing her privacy for a week was a huge loss for her, believe me. Never heard another door slam again

Congrats to everyone making progress & meeting their goals! It is hard in the beginning but you will never be sorry doing whatever you have to do now. A sober life is your reward

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,

I'm glad to see everyone is doing so well, very positive.
              I don't post often but read when I can.

Greg: I think we have the same time in I'm 24 days AF. Brotha from a different motha. Brothers in arms in this battle with AL. I feel the same, not drinking seems like a routine for me as well.

This forum has been a lifeline for me.

Take care all

Kev
              Definition of Insanity
              Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, busy day 4 me. Everyone is doing great!

Good night all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

TGIF & a beautiful day it is here in my portion of the nest
                  After such a wickedly hot summer I am ready for some milder days.

I hope everyone has their plans filled with healthy non-AL activities this weekend

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

leaveinsilence;1161988 wrote: phew barely had time to breathe today let alone think about AL

got up early flew onto the wii fit banishing those early morning cravings housework shopping , picked my daughters friend up for a sleep over , stayed for a cup of tea with her mom as she was having a wedding dress fitting so i got to see the dress in the flesh . then back home, dinner befs made up etc etc you know the thing

now waiting for them to settle down for the night and getting my pj on before calling it a night myself

hope everyone is having a great day too wherever you are xxx
                    Way to stay busy! How many days now? Have you the supps, the CD's??
                    Stay Close!
                    -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Post as you go

Byrdlady;1161993 wrote: Ok, I hate to be stupid...who doesn't? But when I read a post from, ex. Lav, and want to reply right then, I can't, right? I wait until the end of the unread messages and then try and remember everyone who posted (and NOT doing a very good job of it). Can you reply as you go? Life must be so much easier for smart people.
                      Good Morning Ms. Byrdie!
                      If you hit the "quote" button in the lower right of an individual post, you can reply as you go. You can even highlight and delete part of the quote (as I have done to your post) so you are just replying to a specific comment.
                      Hope that helps!
                      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fabu Friday

Ms Byrdie - Hearts out to you and hubs...Keep the faith and all will be well! Lots of advances in last few years with treatments....I'm sure you're scouring the web!

Hello FlyAway - You are just so positive and supportive to everyone; it is greatly appreciated!

Today - Going for week one...AWESOME BABY!!! Stay busy and close to the Nest over the weekend!

Ms. Lav- Thanks again for the thoughts with the surly one. It's a rough time, but i'm not going to drink over it! It will work out fine in time!

Kev - Bro! Nice work, keep er going! We have twin sistas out there somewhere too...

4Me - The Nest is SO proud of you....Let's get week one nailed down now, shall we? :goodjob:

Gotta run...missed gym last 2 days with all sorts of other issues...missing my endorphins! Will check back on lunch break!
                        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning my fellow nestlings!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in to teh nest after a few days away - and sadly gruelling days for lots of different reasons. Coming back to a sturdy twig - and to let my nest mates know that I fell off the twig, but landed half way down!!
                            I have had a couple of AL evenings, but each time I only had two glasses of wine which is in itself an absolute miracle! Even the bottle I opened at home lasted a couple of nights! I had no desire to finish it - back in March I would be worried one bottle would not be enough!!
                            I do feel that I am getting closer to my goal, just taking the winding road home!
                            so, Augusts goal has changed to wanting to beat my previous record of 22 AF days in a month, and the month totally free will wait till maybe Sept??
                            I am still so very happy with my progress - and not being able to sit each evening and post every time i feel the urge is when i slip off my twig, so I need to try to find a way to stay more in contact until I get my wings stronger...
                            It is good to see everyone posting away busily....and so many goals being met, exceeded and also being set!
                            TGIF everyone....
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lass! Good to see you back. When I went down the tubes after my first 10 days I didn't come right back here...I just went off and on all by my lonesome for 10 days....
                              Very rare is the bird that is going to get this AF thing on the first crack. Are you making a new and improved plan? Do you have the CD's? What triggered your decision to drink?
                              Keep coming back, this time will go better!
                              -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Greg - for the support. triggers - no new ice cream ideas to try :H:H:H - no, just kidding!!
                                Really - submitted paperwork to file for divorce, final demand for $21,000 to IRS (and know state is coming next) - ex's water cut off so know he won't be helping with money. Moved into rental in jan and landlord has decided to sell - so have to move again, and worried about stress on my girls (10 and 12) - and a few more trivial things - and trying to deal with all this and and an accreditation at work that got executive management (i am senior management - so the "dump on" team) teams knickers in a twist! Long hours, no gym, and wine was really nice - and Greg, i didn't overdo it - so I really feel it is a step forward.
                                Due to all the above, I didn't sign on nightly, and in the past trials, that has been a constanttheme - no signing on and posting in the evnings = drinking. I fire up my laptop before starting dinner - ie witching hour and read/post from 5pm (or when I am homeform work) till bed time, and it REALLY works!!
                                This will be my 5th or 6th attempt - and the CD's and supplements were waiting for me when I got home so my plan is to start again, with the CD's/supps and signing in - but inspite of my lapse, I really feel strong and in a decent space to kill this - all the enrgy from life problems is being directed into this effort!!
                                thanks for asking!! - sorry for drawn out reply - bet you ween't anticipating this!:l:l
                                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                                X