Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav...both you and Byrd are great nest moms....you've taken a lot of us under your wings and given us comfort when we needed it most. I'm looking forward to marking off the next 30 days and..... years.
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to everyone in the Nest, hope you're having a nice Monday. This is my third non-hungover Monday and I am feeling good, okay little tired. I felt really productive at work and it made me appreciate my new sobriety. I'm not tired, sore, nauseous, slow or even still drunk from the night before! Yay! Now for a relaxing evening, I've earned it

Sunsign, its nice to hear about your night out with your man. I love bowling, its so nice to go out and have a date! I usually end up just going to bars or anywhere you can continuously drink, and play wii bowling. We forget how nice it is to play a sport or do some activity (especially with someone special). Keep up the good work, you should be really proud of your accomplishments.

Congrats on 31 days Turnagain! You are an inspiration to all of us to keep racking up AF days!

Lav, I've heard about allergies emerging late too, I'm more sensitive to acidic fruits with seeds... and I love them! Thanks for all your encouragment and good advice. I've seen your AF date, do you keep track by day now? Just wondering if I'll always be counting, so far its nice cause I'm so proud.

I am 16 days AF today

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Today! We ought to be proud of our milestones, be they minutes, hours, days, weeks, years or decades!
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Crisp & clear in the 60's this morning here ~ nice!

Today, congrats on your 16 AF days - be proud

I am also a member of Quit Net - they track my NF days & I am at 826. So a quick calculation I find I have 977 AF days!!! I am going to throw a big party here at MWO next month when I hit 1000 days

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checkin in on day 51 AF

Also Day 1 Caffeine Free : Gonna give this a go and see how it goes!

Keep strong people!
            AF July 4th 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Scary but necessary...

Mema: Welcome back! I agree with Lav that it?s been easier to take drinking off the table. Moderating proved to be just too difficult for me right now.
              Lav: When I responded to your post, I was trying to figure out why painting made me feel so good?something accomplished? Repetitiveness of it? Time to think? Not sure why, but it always makes me feel great! Sorry you?re feeling lonely. Loneliness is one feeling I don?t deal well with. You giving any thought to moving somewhere new? Your ?some evolution process? comment to Turn got me thinking about The Celestine Prophecy again?hmmm? And, almost 1000 days! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! That is awesome! :wd: My wedding day is October 8th!
              Byrd: Sorry I?ve been a little absent lately. Two forces are at work here. One, I?m super-busy finishing out my old job and getting ramped up with the new one. Had to pack up a storage unit and company van, buy a new/used car. It feels great to be starting fresh in so many ways! I think the second force might be that some of us baby birds are starting to spread our wings and spend more time away from the comfort and safety of the nest. Scary but necessary. I can assure you, though, that you and Lav?ll never be empty nesters! We will always fly home--it recharges our batteries and feels great to help support others!
              Turn
              : You continue to amaze and inspire me with your strength and positive energy! Congrats on quitting so many vices at once! On the allergy note, my dad has developed adult allergies, too. We discovered it when we were on a road trip and stopped by a produce stand to pick up fresh peaches. Back on the road and enjoying a peach, his throat started to close up as he was driving. Fortunately, he was able to pull-off safely and get to a hospital. Now, we?ve learned he?s pretty much allergic to anything with a pit in it. I?m wondering if all these allergies are related to what?s going on with the food we put in our bodies. I think Lav?s onto something with the fresh, organic food thing!
              Today
              : I think you and I are on the same timeline. Monday was my 3rd AF Monday, too, and it really feels like I?ve turned a corner! Before this commitment to be AF, I never realized how much AL drove my life. When did my life start revolving around drinking? How did I not know this/see it happening? On a lark when we turned 21, my friend and I went to a fortune teller. The fortune teller said I?d take a journey that was a diversion from my life?s path and I?d have to get to the end of the road and literally turn around and go back to the place where I started and resume on my real life?s path. This has always remained in the back on my mind and now I think I?ve realized my journey wasn't a literal one and I?m back to where I started learning to live and dance and date and plan and stress and work and love without being drunk. Scary but necessary!
              RBG
              : Day 51! That is amazing! Congrats! And wtg on going caffeine free, too! :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

RBG, I see you decided to not to try moderating.......good for you!
                It is just simpler pushing AL out of your life & not having to worry about losing control again
                CONGRATS on your 51 day :yay:
                I have reduced myself to one cup of real coffee in the AM then go decaf or herbal tea the rest of the day. That's a good thing too

Sunsign, when I'm painting a room, I tune into Pandora's Calm/Meditation station & just kind of go into a zone & paint! Just another weird way to meditate for me

Fresh, organic produce is a great idea provided you can afford it. I live in a farming area so whatever I don't grow I buy from the Amish farmers around here & it's inexpensive.
                My chickens provide up to 20 eggs/day so I sell them and/or give them to friends. I know those girls are happy & healthy :H
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whizzing through the weeks of the summer holiday at an alarming pace once again I've not had time to log in here as was my intention, being near the site helps so much and being unable to find time to log in lets me begin to wonder... maybe I could......

Up and down day today I feel resentful about everything, not having enough money at the moment, having the help towards my prescriptions and dental work cut because hub earnt ?20 more during the last tax year than the year before... blah blah blah but the one thing I don't want and haven't felt resentful about is AL and not being able to drink again so at least something is going in the right direction.

Hope everyone is doing great, keep at it, I'm off to read the threads here and catch up:l
                  WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi I would really like to join you all in the AF Nest. Not even sure if I'm posting in the right place???:new:
                    I GET KNOCKED DOWN - BUT I GET UP AGAIN -YOUR NEVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN! :lordhelpme:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Cailin:welcome:

Welcome to the nest, find yourself a comfy twig and get yourself settled in:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi thanks for the welcome. You gals (well I think you are all gals) but no worries either way, you just seem to have got a lot of good ideas and so much willpower that I think maybe I'll be lost, or worse mortified if I let ye down. Haven't drank today but did the hound last night and I never able to go for days drinking. My problem is I just seem to drink for the hell of it - boredom, addiction etc. on my own at home in the evenings when kids going or gone to bed. Have been doing this for the last year at least or more maybe even two and I'm sick of it all. The weight piling on, the tiredness, and I'm slowly turning into a hermit, not going out for days. :upset:
                        I GET KNOCKED DOWN - BUT I GET UP AGAIN -YOUR NEVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN! :lordhelpme:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Callin, like Leave said, settle in and read all over this site. My byline at the bottom used to say...It's got nothing to do with willpower, a change had to be made and I made it. It's true....I came here with no where else to go but rehab. I am a business professional and would be mortified if anyone knew how much I was drinking. And I had a big problem for years. Bad for 20 years, really bad for about 5. If I can do it, you can do it. Read back on my posts...Pick anyone and read back...you'll see you are not alone. All the information you need to succeed is right here. You couldn't be in a better place. Welcome!! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cailin that could be me exactly.... except for me it spiralled out of control, I've drunk heavilly for the last nine years and it steadily crept into the daytime whilst the kids were at school.

Just a glass of red at lunchtime at first, the odd glass of vodka here and there of a morning until it was wine or vodka or both even after dropping the kids at school for an hour or so, a sleep until hubs came home at lunchtime, another few drinks until 2.15 then another sleep and try and sober up for the school run, after that it was "fun" time desperately trying to stay on my feet until the kids were asleep.

You can and are doing something about it before it gets out of hand for you, it's a hard road with upsets along the way but worth it:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrdlady and leaveinsilence, thanks so much. I'm on and off this computer all day, but I think I will be on it more. I feel like a loser tonight and I'm not even telling myself I won't drink until next week, next weekend etc cos it doesn't happen. Not working and nothing seems to motivate or stimulate me anymore. On anti-d's for few years at this stage but I don't know if it s the drink or the depression or mis diagnosis. I used drink at weekends only and that was it, never drank while I was pregnant both times and only started back drinking when my youngest was over 2. I just want to be happy or 'out of it' and this seems the easier option and keeps me drinking. I will go back over your post Byrdlady when I figure out how to lol. I'm from Ireland and I just thought of a funny quote that I used to say to my non-Irish friends, it just made me smile - GOD CREATED DRINK TO STOP THE IRISH FROM TAKING OVER THE WORLD - think there is some 'not proud of' truth in this!

Comment

Newbies Nest

This time I'm taking it moment by moment, minute by minute, the future IS scary without the thought of not drinking playing on your mind.

My first time here one of the girls suggested riding out the want to drink by telling myself I "Would" drink if I really wanted to in an hour or after I'd done such and such, and then to keep adding to it until the urge had passed and I'd been distracted by doing the other things (does that make sense?)

Distraction is definitely a help in this journey....

Comment

Working...
                                X