Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ellen, that's good news!
    By all means, keep yourself as busy & distracted as possible. If & when you think about drinking run the HALT acronym thru you head (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired) These are the most common drink triggers

Byrdie, I think we all need a raise & a bonus too

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!!!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, I have been packing and ironing since I got off work and cooked dinner for my grandbabies and family. To tired to say anything worthwhile. I am staying on my plan, so that is good. I wil try and touch base if I get a chance in MT. Big day at work before I leave.

Sunsign, no, I don't think you were to harsh. I know you are trying to help.

Night nesters

Comment

Newbies Nest

sot;1172113 wrote:
        I'm glad i found this site by accident.. I hope i gain some confidence.. At this moment i have very little.

... Now that you mention it, i haven't went 4 weeks without AL in over 17 YEARS... wow... i had never thought about that
        Good Morning Sot! So happy so see you back here - hope you come back every day. You will see, it will be very helpful; a way to "unload" some stuff you've had "bottled" up and a way to gain some insights from the experiences of others! You will be amazed at how much confidence you will gain in yourself after just 10 days or two weeks of being AF. And every day you wake up feeling better and better, and you realize you want to feel this good every day and then when the voice comes along to drag you down you will have gained the strength and confidence to not pay attention and to stay sober today. Stay close to the Nest; I know it has big a huge part of my staying sober!
        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Megan1959;1172138 wrote: The above post was why I got kicked off eBay after 9 years. Selling on eBay was a positive task that took my mind off of drinking. Now all I want to do is drink and sleep. But I'm not drinking yet. Grasping at straws trying to find another replacement and bring in money.
          Hello Megan - If you have read back over the past few weeks of the Nest, (which is a great thing to do when your thinkin turns to drinkin) you will have seen the transformation of several newbies; accomplishing things that just 30 days earlier had seemed impossible; gaining new perspectives, obtaining new careers.... Your job right now is to stay sober. One door closes and down the hall a window opens...You will find the answers, and they will come sooner and with more clarity if you leave AL out of the equation. Keep coming back - read and post and post and read and listen to the CD's!
          -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go SunSign Go!

Congrats of the new position Wonder Woman! I know you'll do fabu!
            -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ms Byrdie Rocks

Another awesome post Byrdie - another chapter and verse for the Byrdie Bible!! You say it with such conviction; it is apparent you have lived through the horrors and have come out the other side - thanks so much for being a part of the Nest.
              -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Malbec Makes Great Gifts!

Hi Turn...My wife and I got into Malbec a couple years ago and went through every label we could find. I can certainly see where you'd be tempted. I think those would make lovely gifts for friends and family who have the normal drinking gene, and, you have come so far in 38 days I know you're not giving in now.
                -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Ellen; Nice to see you back again and great job on getting through the first few days. Yes, weekends, especially holiday weekends, can be a BIG challenge and even more so if you're in your first few days or weeks. Have you written out your plan. You can also write a short screenplay titled "My Fantastic Sober Holiday Weekend" in which you are the starlet and heroine! We get what we think about. Soooo, think about a movie or bowling or a bike ride or something fun and exciting for you - maybe something you have not done before but wanted to and you will have a new experience to enjoy in the AF mode! Think ahead to Tuesday....you can wake up bright and early Tuesday morning, spend a few delicious moments lounging in bed feeling grateful for all that you have and especially for your new and improving sobriety. You can do this! Read and post and post and read and get the CD's!!
                  -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Meditation on You Tube

Lav- Please forgive me, but I couldn't help sharing how I was cracking myself up thinking of all the YouTube videos of people just sitting still and breathing nice and slow. :H
                    -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

4Me - Have a wonderful time in Montana - wish I were going to drink in some cool mountain air....it's so freaking hot and humid here; even at 4 AM! Our thoughts go with you and we'll be here in the Nest when you get back!
                      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fabu Friday

So, guess who woke up way too early today!! I ran out of my Power to Sleep PM (Irwin Naturals) on Wed. night and did not make it to the health store yesterday. Tried a Calm Now instead, but was waking up every couple hours and finally at 3 AM I got up to make some Sleepy Time tea....waiting for that to kick in now!
                        Of course, I talked to the seller of Chapter Two (sailboat) yesterday and it looks like my wife and I are going to drive to the other side of the state Sunday, sign a purchase agreement and then sleep aboard! So, once you wake up with some excitement in your brain, it's extra hard to fall back asleep! Gotta find insurance, she needs a bottom job, how am I gonna get her back to the west coast, blah, blah, blah!
                        No news yet on a job offer from the interview I had Wed, so I will follow up on that today...
                        Wishing all the Nesters a Fabu Friday - gonna see if I can snooze for a couple more hours,,,
                        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yo Grego...Thank for the encouragement. NO way- would I give it up. Not now. As you say.....plan....plan....plan! Plan A = DH agreed to take chattering bottles to a location away from the home..next week, I'll start lookin for a charity auction to unload the good stuff. Sunday after relatives leave...Go for long walk w/dogs and DH...if rainy....pick art project to start.

AL is not welcome.
                          Sober for the Revolution!
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guess who's up too late! Hope u get the boat. I've been sailing a few times...pure magic.
                            Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

YAWN, didn't sleep a whole lot myself last night. Are we nearing a full moon ~ that always messes with my ability to sleep & NO I am not a werewolf :H

4me, I wish you a safe trip to MT!

greg, the meditations videos are guided meditations with nice music & a soothing voice.....very relaxing I think we're all excited about your new boat & possible new position. Hope all of it goes the way you want!

Turnagain, by all means - unload that case of good 'poison' on someone else Thinking about that being in my house just freaks me out!

Looks like rain on the way. Hope the entire weekend isn't damp as I really need to catch up with yard work - oh well. Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for all of the responses.. especially Byrdlady. The more i read the more fearful i become.. or maybe more aware of my situation that i have been ignoring. This has totally caught me off guard.. not even sure how or why i found MWO. I guess its Divine Intervention. And, I never sign up for things...but, i did.. and, i posted!!! not expecting anybody to read it, reply or even care...Monday morning, after being drunk from Thurs thru Sunday.. I felt like i had alcohol poisoning.. Typical weekend behavior.. while sitting at work i found bruises, scratches, sore spots that i had no idea how they got there.. and, saturday.. we literally couldn't remember how we got from the dock to the bed...?? idk..theres other things that have been going thru my head that we have been doing that we normally would never do had we not been drinking and that has just started.. like me flirting with my husbands best friend.. and, my husband flirting w/ my best friend..I'm just afraid we are on a path to destruction if we do not get a handle on the situation quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X