Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Uh Oh!!

After 3 pm in my portion of the Nest - where is everyone?

Hope everyone has a solid plan for this long holiday weekend
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sunsign and Lavande!!!

Reading your posts now after coming home..thank you for advices and encouragment!!!!
      After i wrote this pesimistic post i ate lunch, took bath with herbs and salt..still was depressed..went out with my daughter for a walk, dinner..i wanted to drink but tried to think about tomorrow..and this tought won
      Now feeling better..yes, tired, but happy about my Day4..
      I have chronical sinusitis from my childhood and sometimes it appears not only when i get cold but when i have stress and emotional problems..yoga helped me a lot so tomorrow if my spine will be better i will make some yoga session..broken, old women Oh, no i hate beeing sick..

I don' t like antibiotics so i'm just taking some medicine against inflammation, vitamins and natural sea salt water spray. Tuesday i'll go to massage again and massagist (she' s aromatherapist too) will make special oil with natural essential oils for my nose

Yes, Lavande, AL really is kind of poison..if you use it in small doses - could be cure, if - in big amounts - real poison. I think for that good example could be homeopathy..

Wish you peaceful evening/night!!
      The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
      /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Audrey, well done making it through the day without wine.
        I am so very proud of you:l
        :good:
        Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Audrey, I'm so glad you thought it all the way through
          It's tough in the beginning but it does get much easier with practice!

bugalugs, how have you been?

Well, I'm going to wish everyone a safe night in the nest. Had a nice visit with my grandkids now I'm ready to chill out a bit before bedtime

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav,
            I'm going OK, thanks for asking.
            A bit disapointed that I drank yesterday, but still optimistic about the future.
            Lots of bumps in this road to recovery
            Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, I'm here Lav... Doing great. I hope everyone is having a wonderful AF holiday. Beautiful in this part of the nest...how humidity and not a cloud today. A wonderful day to be alive. Hugs to all, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Long day, lots of candy, ice cream and everything not beers, long day but made it through and all is good

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope everyone in the Nest is having a wonderful Saturday. It has been 4 weeks today that I have been AF. I spent it fishing with my family, and best of all I was able to get up early hangover free!

I am catching up on posts as this week has been hectic and just wanted to welcome so many new "faces." MWO is a fantastic resource and support.

Gregorino, you made great post couple days ago I couldn't pass up on commenting on. I had just been thinking, it is fair for me not to drink again, I have had my fair share, PLUS many many many others as well!
                  gregorino;1171872 wrote:
                  We're all here because we have all come to realize, to one degree or another, that we are UNABLE TO DRINK LIKE NORMAL DRINKERS..."We drank our lifetime supply already. And then some. We don't want AL running our lives anymore."
                  Wishing everyone a good night and AF Sunday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Still cloudy in my portion of the nest but not raining yet

Bugalugs, what happened? Why did you decide to drink? Can we help you with your plan? Stick around for a while so we can keep an eye on you

Byrdie, glad someone is enjoying sunshine this weekend

Clockwatcher - good for you trading ice cream for beer!!! Concentrate on the positives......no hangover, no guilt, more money in your pocket to buy ice cream!!!

Today, a big congrats to you on your 4 weeks AF :yay:
                    That's a milestone, be proud of your accomplishment!

No special plans for me today so I will putz around & tidy up my backyard a bit until it gets too hot & humid for me! Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sober Sunday

Hello My Fine Feathered Friends!!

I am so sorry I haven't been in here for a few days....had crazy holiday shifts at work Fri and Sat and our power went out at 5 AM today...and have been running around like mad trying to get ready to cruise to east coast to spend the night on Chapter Two (sailboat).
                      I will owe some big posts tomorrow night / Tuesday morning!
                      Y'all probably needed a break from me anyway after I blew up the Nest the other morning! :H
                      Wishing all Nesters near and far a safe, sober, and peaceful day.
                      LuvYa!!
                      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy & safe sailing greg
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, Nesters! I haven't posted on the Nest in a while, but I do come here to read just about every day. It is amazing to me that it is closing in on 2 months since I drank! And it is this site that finally gave me the motivation to make take that huge step (with a few stumbles alont the way). And, these last couple of months have been some of the most stressful that I can remember! I have unloaded about an ongoing situation with my son several times.

Now, I have a confession to make. I had some help dealing with the anxiety and stress. Cigarettes. In the past, I would only smoke when I was drinking. But during this time of trying SO hard not to drink, I have resorted to smoking when I'm stressed. I'm not a chain huffer; probably on a really bad day I might smoke 5 -6 cigs. But they're pretty potent (American Spirit Organics, pure, strong tobacco). I suppose it seemed like having a few smokes was better than having a few drinks, at least for me. I'm feeling that I need to give up this other crutch, too, though. I'm just nervous about having wine cravings if I do. How have some of you other smoker/drinkers or just smokers dealt with this?

Comment

Newbies Nest

clover - I totally understand your concerns.......

If you look at my quit dates you'll see that I did manage one quit soon after the other. I used (and still do) the help from Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community
                            I quit smoking a million times in the past but always restarted for one 'reason' or another. This time I said NO MORE and I meant it

Congrats to you on your nearly 2 AF months! Great job!!!
                            btw, giving up smoking caused me no wine cravings at all. I had become a heavy smoker & just really wanted to quit - you can too

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today!!! 4 weeks is incredible, isn't it? Did you think you'd ever be able to say that??? Sometimes I still can't believe I have gone this long. I am so proud of you...and Clover, look at your bad self!!!! I am so happy for you,too! Now the days and weeks will start piling up before you know it. And all that stinkin thinkin will be less and less!! The hardest part is definately behind you...wouldn't you agree?? Scared straight by the thoughts of another Day 1.(at least, that's me)
                              Sot, I was looking back a few pages, and you expressed the fact that you were scared to begin this journey. I understand that...how to face life without my friend (my BEST and sometimes, ONLY friend?) I was scared to death! But I got to the point where I didn't have a choice...my life, my health, my husband......vs a Drink. Now facing THAT was scary. May I say this in hindsight....it's really not scary at all...in fact what IS scary are the things I did while drinking. What's scary is the Dr coming in and telling you to do a liver biopsy...your husband packing up his clothes and spending the night somewhere else. Your coworkers making comments at company meetings. All THIS I was willing to ignore...Facing a day without drinking is not something to fear...another day doing it, certainly is. You trust me on this one, there is absolutely nothing to be afraid of...in fact it is easier than you can ever imagine. Each day gets easier and easier. Each and every day you can go without drinking is fantastic. Just keep your mind occupied and do not allow the thoughts that lead you down the hole.
                              Peace to everyone today....while Greg is smooth sailing down the coast! Come get us and take us for a spin why dontcha???? I hope Chapter Two is everything you are hoping!!! I can't believe that name!!! All the best, to our trusty nest....Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Byrdie, good to see you
                                I'm with you keeping our minds occupied - kind of like idle hands, huh?

Had a visit from my very grumpy grandaughter today - teething......
                                My daughter is looking a little tired from keeping late hours with the baby. Oh do I ever remember those days :H

Hope greg has Chapter Two pointed in the right direction

It's pitch dark so much earlier these days....definately the end of summer!
                                Wishing everyone a good & safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X