Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters!

Long somewhat tough day for Lav but here I am!
    I had to bite the bullet & make the decision that's it's time to end the suffering for one of my dogs. I will be taking her in to the Vet tomorrow afternoon. So sad to lose a pet, they are real members of the family.

Today, you made such a good decision today at work
    Once you turn your back on AL there is no need, ever to go back.....go for you!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh Lav....I'm sorry to hear that. It is so hard to say goodbye to a soul that's given so much. I marvel at the incredible relationship we have with these special beings...I wish we had more time with them....
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just home from a walk

I bought my house by the college to entice me to walk there. I have been in the house 7 months and tonight was my 1st time! I probably went about 2 miles. A nice start. No way am I going to drink tonight and ruin this good feeling.

I have decided to walk during my previous drinking time until it gets too cold. An hour walking will improve the mood. Definately.

WIsh I had started sooner.

Ellen

Comment

Newbies Nest

ellen that will definitely help and all that exercise moves the craving along i practically lived on the wii fit the first few mornings

good for you today we defo do not need AL but hes a sneaky one just waiting to pounce, the kids were back at school monday and On the way back from the school run i got the urge to go and buy wine to drink that morning, its been a long time since i drank in the morning now so hell knows where that came from but the urge to do so was so strong.

Lav im so sorry about your pet it is so heartbreaking when you have to reach that decision even though we know it is the right choice

busy day today my dad is still in hospital so im there today then i need to go shopping and do some housework ive done hardly anything with hospital visits and whatever this week

today i love that phrase about us being special, that is something we certainly are

have a good day everyone - lee
          WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Dark & gloomy here agin this morning. Rain, flood watches & all that continues.....

Not looking forward to my day but I will get through.

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, no words of mine can ease the pain you are having today. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Strength and peace to you today. B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today, Turn and Ellen!! Look at you 3 success stories!!! I am soooo proud of you. See? This CAN be done!!? Once you get that monkey off your back, life is so much simpler. No schemeing and no lying...no fumbling to fake remembering something you don't. Good on you all! Continued success will bring continued success! I couldn't be happier for you!
                Greg, step away from the boat and get back in this nest...I am thrilled at your happiness!! You are contagious! You make this whole thing look so easy!!!
                New nesters, don't worry about your sweet tooth right now, the most important thing is what you DON'T put in your body. So enjoy whatever you like as you get over the first rough spots. After all, you know how to cut back on sweets when the time comes. A few initial pounds will drop in a couple/three weeks when your body realizes it's not taking in 1000 calories from booze. At least mine did...I'm net down about 9 pounds. Well, make that 6 after Irene...but I will get those off. Hurricanes make me stress eat. Now there's another one brewing out there!! But this one is my lucky number 13, so I'm sure it will pass us by.....(I hope, anyway). Peace to all, Byrdie
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd...I wouldn't be flying along as smoothly now if it wasn't for the lift that you and Lav and DoggyGirl and Mario and RubyWillow and all others here have so patiently and generously shared with me and so many others. Your example and encouragement has given me and many others our wings to join you.

Coming to grips with the FACT that my body does not tolerate alcohol was liberating...

And once you've really been up in the air...I don't know why anyone would ever want to get tangled up again and drag around the fatal burden of addiction.
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

evening nest

not long got back from zumba class and all thr way through AL was telling me how nice it would feel to have a glass or two of wine, how i could sped the fiver in my bag at the wine shop on the way home, how i could nip out to the asda and pick up some wine with groceriez i need to get

damn stupid voice but i ignored it, read with the kids got a hot bath ready so no i wont be giving into you AL tonight, tomorrow is another AF day, cant drink tomorrow as my friend as asked me last moment to decorate the function room for her wedding on Fri so no way will i consider doing that hungover on Friday, the weekend ill worry about at the weekend

hope everyone is having a good strong Thursday

lee x
                    WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Turn, thank you for your kind words. I am always worried that my 'no sugar coating' will rub some the wrong way. But it is what it is...and the facts are the same and that's why we all came here. To get sober... and continuing to drink isn't the way to accomplish that..and I am ok with that now, but had to find it out for myself. I wish I could save everyone the heartache of learning that hard lesson with fewer falls, but alas, people must take all the exits on this journey, to prove it to themselves. God knows, I tried to have a relationaship with AL, but he kept keeping his end of the bargain and I couldn't. I am now convinced. I'm glad you are, it IS peaceful flying up here without all those extra burdens and bags.. Thank you again, I know I'm not for everyone, but I'm glad something said might have worked for you ...if it got you thru one night, I am happy! xo, Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Hope everyone had a good day!
                        Mine was tough but I got through.
                        The Vet just reaffirmed my decision to end girl Dog's suffering as she was likely suffering from cancer as well as pancreatic insufficieny & anemia
                        I know Maxie, my Greater Swiuss Mountain dog will miss her little friend too. Here's a pic of the both of them in healthier days.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1174365 wrote: .
                          Greg..I can't imagine living on a boat. How do you get internet and cable? And how do you not get sea sick all the time? We're gonna need to see pictures so we can live our dreams thru you!! Byrdie
                          Will be living in a marina...they have cable and WiFi....Then after the teen graduates, we can head off to The Bahamas...not much internet or TV there! But lots of incredible blue water, and a whole other pace to life! I will learn to sneak up on lobsters!! All the pics I took the last couple days were pics of bilge pumps and discharge hoses...maybe I have one good profile....I will check!
                          -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today;1174440 wrote:
                            I got a bit oversensitive in an incident at work today (and I never said anything about it) and my first thought was "well that sucks, hmmm I would really like a drink"... and it was only noon and I still had half a day left! But boy was the impulse/craving for AL there. I have left work before in order to drink. (I am cringing as I write that but it is true) Well, I took a little walk, ate a a snack, then focused, and got back to work. And you know what? The rest of the day was better and I felt better for not giving into the crazy temptation to drink then, or to start planning what I would drink later..., where I would get my vodka (or wine to "try and cut down") (I felt I had to alternate stores too), whether I should eat first or wait (better) etc etc.
                            Hey Hey Today!! Thank you for the honesty. I can totally relate. Sometimes I feel like it has been forever since I got buzzed and it's not even two months! So, when those trigger times come, and yes, they still do, we have to have the plan and take the walk and get the snack, etc....Thank God for the gym or I'd be packing it on big time right now, because food does sorta help with the stress! In a few months I will be needed to join a 12 step program for icecream-aholics!
                            But each time we do not give in we do grow stronger and wiser. AL never helped anything; it just tricked us into thinking things were better...they never were...But now we are getting better; and, the better it gets, the better it gets!
                            -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1174447 wrote:
                              I had to bite the bullet & make the decision that's it's time to end the suffering for one of my dogs. I will be taking her in to the Vet tomorrow afternoon. So sad to lose a pet, they are real members of the family.
                              Lav
                              Lav; I feel your pain. I know she understood you were doing the right thing. Here's a big hug from Florida... :l
                              -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tx Ellen;1174464 wrote: I bought my house by the college to entice me to walk there. I have been in the house 7 months and tonight was my 1st time! I probably went about 2 miles. A nice start. No way am I going to drink tonight and ruin this good feeling.

I have decided to walk during my previous drinking time until it gets too cold. An hour walking will improve the mood. Definately.

WIsh I had started sooner.

Ellen

You have
                                started, and that's what counts Ellen! Exercise has been a huge help for me, and i sometimes wonder where I did get all that time to kill just getting stupid with AL. But, it's onward and upward from here!
                                -Cap'n G

Comment

Working...
                                X