Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

leaveinsilence;1174687 wrote:
    not long got back from zumba class and all thr way through AL was telling me how nice it would feel to have a glass or two of wine, how i could sped the fiver in my bag at the wine shop on the way home, how i could nip out to the asda and pick up some wine with groceriez i need to get

damn stupid voice but i ignored it, read with the kids got a hot bath ready so no i wont be giving into you AL tonight
    lee x
    Well Done Lee!! Don't give in to that damn voice; it cares nothing about us, in fact it will just as soon destroy us trying to get what it wants. Take it one day at a time, it's always today and we only have to not drink today!
    -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, Lav...I'm getting all misty looking at your doggie pic. Peace be with you my good Nest Mum.
      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chapter Two

Well, it took me a few trys to figure it out, but her she is!

210 miles away by land, and about 600 by sea! Wheeee!
        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie, Gerg & everyone. I will miss Girl Dog, she was sweet. But I still have big Maxie :H

Greg, very, very nice pic
          I wish you the best of luck with Chapter Two!!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sunsign

I just "signed up", became a subscriber, ordered the "extreme" kit and am now looking over River Pharmacy's order process.

I just happened to stumble into the opportunity for a new job (after 24 years in the current one) . . . just as I'm trying to get my wine bottle collection under control.

Apprensive. Excited. Afraid of disappointing myself again. Too old to do so many new tricks?

Started reading this board yesterday - and each night required a bottle of Pino Grigio. Reading about wine makes me want it. I'm saving the Cab for the weekend.

Staying in the pre-hangover zone until the starter pak and CDs arrive. Hoping for the miracle cure. Gastric bypass for the problem drinker?

Your thread about life changes/new job reached out to me. How goes it?

Comment

Newbies Nest

ImHereNow - Welcome to MWO & glad you found the Newbies Nest

I hate to disappoint you but there is no miracle cure that I know of anyway......
              A good plan & a strong commitment will help you meet your goals!

The Hypno CDs were terrific, use them as directed. I used them for a long time & think they made a huge difference in my thinking.
              You have a good reason (new job) to take back control of your life now. I used the birth of my grandson as my motivation ~ whatever works, right?
              Here's the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html. Use the ideas to help you make a good plan for yourself.
              Honestly, checking in here everyday help you stay motivated too

Wishing you the best!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

AF for 6 of 8 days.

I made it 3 days, then had wine for 2 nights. Now I am 3 more days AF. (I am counting tonight because I am already in my pj's.

I have walked the last 2 nights. I cant say I enjoy doing it, but it sure feels good when it is done!!!

I have been replacing wine with ice cream though. Before this week I probably have it 2/year. I know I need to stop it, but I am going to give myself until I make it through the weekend before I cut it back, or out of my life.

I know I havent been AF that long, but it does feel good. Mostly because I am walking not drinking and I dont have any guilt in the mornings.

Ellen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav...you are a wonder...still caring for others when you are hurting so much yourself. Girl Dog was a real beauty...I'm glad you shared a photo of her.
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yo Grego...what a ride! She's a beauty...Are you debating how to get her to your side of the high ground in the swamp or is she already docked at her new home?

Congratulations again on making your dream a reality!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello friends,

Hold this AF feeling like a new born. Let the freedom run through your veins. Keep it going at all costs.

Best wishes, G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1174735 wrote: Thanks Byrdie, Gerg & everyone. I will miss Girl Dog, she was sweet. But I still have big Maxie :H

Greg, very, very nice pic
                        I wish you the best of luck with Chapter Two!!
                        Thanks Lav! We're going to need it! I already have lists of lists...OY!!
                        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

afternoon nesties

hope you are feeling a little better Lav sometimes we just have to make these decisions

greg. the boat looks fab must be good even daunting making a dream come true like that

im here welcome, i wish you strength hang on in here and youll get the support ypu need

ellen turn guitarista and anyone else i missed hope you are having a good weekend

Trying to shake AL of my tail today wherever I go he's there on my shoulder, however i try to distract myself he's telling me a glass of wine would be nice with it . so going to find something nice to eat and have a nap,
                          WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Aboard Matey!

ImHereNow;1174738 wrote: I just "signed up", became a subscriber, ordered the "extreme" kit and am now looking over River Pharmacy's order process.

I just happened to stumble into the opportunity for a new job (after 24 years in the current one) . . . just as I'm trying to get my wine bottle collection under control.

Apprensive. Excited. Afraid of disappointing myself again. Too old to do so many new tricks?

Started reading this board yesterday - and each night required a bottle of Pino Grigio. Reading about wine makes me want it. I'm saving the Cab for the weekend.

Staying in the pre-hangover zone until the starter pak and CDs arrive. Hoping for the miracle cure. Gastric bypass for the problem drinker?
                            Hello HereNow and welcome to the Nest. Great job on ordering the CD's - I hope you selected the abstinence ones! How about a plan? Are you working on that? Have you been to the toolbox?
                            You are never too old to do new tricks, and there aren't that many to do. In fact there is only one trick to learn: I Am NOT Drinking Today. That's it; just learn that trick. When you want to drink, come here and read and post and get a bowl of ice cream until your L-Glut comes in. Wrap up your bottles in Christmas wrap and put name tags on them and take them to a friends house. Lookie there..Your Christmas shopping is done in September!
                            You will find great support here, but in the end it is up to you to accept that you have a disease and yes, thank God, there is a cure. It's not even a miracle cure. It's simply this: I Am Not Drinking Today.
                            Simple, yes. Easy, no. That's why we are all here! Stay close to the Nest and listen to your Nest Mums!
                            -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tx Ellen;1174778 wrote: I made it 3 days, then had wine for 2 nights. Now I am 3 more days AF. (I am counting tonight because I am already in my pj's.

I have walked the last 2 nights. I cant say I enjoy doing it, but it sure feels good when it is done!!!

I have been replacing wine with ice cream though. Before this week I probably have it 2/year. I know I need to stop it, but I am going to give myself until I make it through the weekend before I cut it back, or out of my life.

I know I havent been AF that long, but it does feel good. Mostly because I am walking not drinking and I dont have any guilt in the mornings.

Ellen
                              Way to Go Ellen! Get on a roll....Go for 7 Days...Feel that confidence growing! And, yeah waking up without headaches, strange bruises, and guilt and shame is huge. When I feel like getting stupid with AL I just picture me crashing into a chair and bruising my spleen, I think about how much I will disappoint myself for screwing up my quit. There's a great big life to be lived, and it's not going to happen with AL onboard!
                              Stay Strong Tex!
                              -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Turnagain;1174785 wrote: Yo Grego...what a ride! She's a beauty...Are you debating how to get her to your side of the high ground in the swamp or is she already docked at her new home?

Congratulations again on making your dream a reality!
                                Thanks Turn! I briefly considered having her de-masted and trucked over, but where's the adventure in that? One of the beauties of sailing is seeing our planet from a totally different perspective. It's gonna take some time....a few days here and a few there to work her down the east coast and back up the west coast, but the journey will be fulfilling.
                                -Cap'n G

Comment

Working...
                                X