Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Lee! Have you read Ms. Byrdie's post from about a month ago where she sits on your other shoulder? It's some good stuff!
    Remember, we have a disease, no different than if we had diabetes. And if that was our disease, we wouldn't be thinking a bowl of sugar would be nice right now...We would be vigilant about what was going into our bodies. Be Vigilant! AL is NOT your friend... Ice Cream good, Mooshie even better!
    -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

ill have to look for that post by Byrdie, i need someone on my shoulder today but i know it will pass time for a sandwich nap and maybe some Angel therapy

dont get me started on the ice cream. ive eaten so much sweet stuff these last few weeks choc ice cream cake and rocky road ice cream included that the lollipop lady congratulated me on being pregnant again this
      morning...oops knew id put some weight on but not that much

naptime i thinks now x
      WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Dripping wet here in my portion of the Nest - the rain just won't stop

greg, I sure hope you can find some decent weather to move your boat!!!!

LIS, please don't continue to torture yourself with thoughts of a glass of wine. Think NO, IT WOULDN'T BE NICE because there is no such thing as just one glass of wine for the majority of us. Distract yourself the moment you start to think about drinking. It worked for me

Wishing everyone a good AF Thursday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, you took the words right out of my mouth!! (which is HARD to do considering it is busy most of the time!!!). LEAVE: don't let your thoughts take you down the rabbit hole...I think you might let them go too far and then you are hosed. The minute you start down that hole, remember this: THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE! Name the 7 Dwarfs, or Dwarves...look UP whether it's dwarfs or dwarves...recite your Pledge of Allegience, say the Lords Prayer, just break that circle of thinking. I have been reading your posts with a careful eye, girl. If you think you are drinking 'like a normal person' then that voice has got you by the short hairs! If you drank like that you wouldn't be constantly thinking about it...hell, you wouldn't be a valued member of the nest!! I looked back at your posts...you came here almost the exact time I did..January will be 2 years. You have done without AL for good long stretches, and what happens each time you think you will give it one more chance? It comes back in, gets legs and consumes you, your thoughts and your life. Girl, look me in the eyes...face this...and let it go. As long as AL is in your life you will never have peace. AL is telling you ANYTHING to stay alive...it will promise you whatever you want to hear... It's time to say, enough is enough...you will not believe how much happier you and everyone around you will become. I'm sorry if I have overstepped my boundaries, but AL has ruined enough for me that I'm just sick of it and I see what it's doing to you! And what's it done to all of us!!! You will never regret getting it off the table once and for all, I promise!! In this world of addiction, hope sucks (hoping to drink like a normal person). Accept it, and move on. I want you to thrive!!! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

gregorino;1174974 wrote: I briefly considered having her de-masted and trucked over, but where's the adventure in that?
            "De-masted?" !!!! That sounds painful. It sounds like much more fun to sail around. Are you going to wait until hurricane season is over?

yes...count me in as another who will enjoy this journey from afar....especially when it gets really cold up here. That's not too far in the future now.
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Leave....

Your body is crying out for sweets cause it was accustomed to that big dose of poison sugar you once mainlined into your system. Cravings can be dealt with.

Are you using L-Glut? If so, you may want to consider changing your dose. I use the powder (sorry, Byrd) and it gets into the system quite quickly. It not only reduces the cravings...it also helps to heal your stomach lining which has been wrecked by the acidity of AL.
              Sober for the Revolution!
              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks for getting me through today, been a long time since i had AL talking me into drinking on a day 3 but i was determined it wasnt going to happen and knew i would get the support i needed

Byrdie i read your words a few times today, i refuse to go down that hole again, i know im not normal in the drink department and never will be.

turn ive not been using l glut this time so it makes sense that i am eating sweet things for england right now, maybe i should start taking them next week to wean myself off the sugar craving . but for now i hear choc ice cream cake calling me from the freezer

another AF day over and once more thanks for the support in getting me through, you guys rock

lee xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Confession time...

Hi All, I wanna get my confession out early--had two glasses of wine at the wedding reception Sat. night. I can't really understand why except that I was uncomfortable, maybe? What's really weird, though, is that I don't feel any particular way about it. I'm not proud of myself and not angry with myself. The only thing that I can be sure of is that I was very conscious of my drinking: "How does it taste? Do I want more? Am I getting drunk?" It seemed like I'd exchanged being self-conscious in the situation with being self-conscious about my drinking. I was certainly worried that not drinking the next day would be difficult, but I really haven't had the desire to drink since.

ImHereNow: Thanks for asking about the new job (besides shame it's been what's keeping me away from the Nest). I had my first presentation on Tuesday and it went really well! For me, making lots of life changes at once gave me that fresh feeling of New Year's Day except this one was all mine! I say go for the new job if it makes you happy! Sometimes there is such a thing as a fresh start!

Grego: Speaking of jobs--what's up with yours? Did you hear about the interview yet? Thanks for the pics of Chapter 2, too! So excited about your new adventure--congratulations! You're seriously gonna have to find a way to keep us posted when you're in the Bahamas because I'll be living vicariously through you!

Lav: So sorry about your girl Dog and hope you and Maxie are doing okay. :l

Lee & Today: So proud of you for hanging tough!

To the rest of the clan, my apologies for not writing more tonight...this new job is keeping me hopping! I'll try to post more tomorrow or over the weekend. Busy is good!

X0X0,
                  Still Sunny

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another Walk tonight

Today makes 7/9 days AF. Starting to make some good strides.

I went for a 1.5 mile walk tonight and I feel so good afterwards.

As I have a dental appointment tomorrow am, I know I wont be drinking tonight. So, between the walk and dentist I am good for the night.

Even when I seriously drank, I made sure to go to the dentist with the previous night AF.

The ice cream continues to be a problem. I am going to pick up some L-G... (sp)tonight.

My real concern is Friday and Sat nights. If I can make it through those days I can make it for a very long time.

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Long, busy day for me but that's just as well - kept my mind off of stuff.

Glad to see so many checking in
                      Sunsign, good to hear that you didn't have the desire to keep drinking! That's been my biggest fear & the reason I won't consider picking up the first glass.

Ellen, if you are going to take L-Glutamine I suggest taking it with meals.....I found it to be a bit rough on an empty stomach & didn't take it for too long. Get your plan together for Friday & Saturday nights......don't depend on wishes to keep you AF

LIS, Do whatever yo have to do to keep the mind chatter under control! There will come the day when all that stops after you've had some good AF time under your belt.

Turnagain, I'm sitting here with the AC on not because it's hot but the humidity is awful wit all the rain we've been having up & down the East Coast There you are thinking about cold weather already!!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

L-Glutamine

I went to 2 drug stores tonight trying to fine L-Glutamine. Neither of them had it.

Do I need to get it somewhere special? I looked at CVS and RiteAid.

Comment

Newbies Nest

you should be able to get L Glut from a local health food shop, here they keep it in the body building section

lee x

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunny i was like that too over the weekend, wierd huh but im not taking it as im cured especially now AL is yelling in my ear 24 / 7 at the moment

well meeting the bride for pre wedding fizzy today or in my case OJ as i'm setting up her function room afterwards and driving theyll be no giving in to temptation, then tonight im driving to the reception (even though it is well within walking distance ) so no drinking tonight even though im telling myself I dont actually drink anymore, im a non drinker now

so glad i didnt give into AL lastnight but man do i feel hungover today, must be the sugar or something

anwaygood day to you all

lee xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Still looking for some sun but none to be found so far in these parts. The weather folks are sayong next week will be better - sure hope so,

Ellen, if all else fails - I purchased L-Glutamine from drugstore.com Online Pharmacy - Prescription Drugs, Health and Beauty, plus more
                              I get a lot of things there & they have free shipping

LIS, hope to hear that you did stick to your plan for the wedding festivities today.

Wishing everyone a good AF day!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ellen, GNC has L-Glut. Like Lav says...Friday is just another day, and all you gotta do, it make it thru today. Great going! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X