X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi SL,
    Glad to hear you are doin well
    I am missing Girl Dog.......my other dog Maxie is confused & just hanging out pretty close. In the mail today was a card from my Vet along with a Doggy angel pin. I think that was pretty sweet of them.

I just have to tell all of you that I am profiundly jealous of your collective ice cream enjoyment :H
    I unfortunately have had to stay away from ice cream for the past 30 years. I realized shortly after my son was born that I was suddenly lactose intolerant BUT I discovered Coconut Dream........made from coconut milk & it is good

Going out to lunch with my former neighbors tomorrow. They arte both turning 80 this year & I have never seen either one of them consume a drop of AL in the 25+ years I've known them.
    Guess they are pretty smart
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav....we are either the dynamic duo or we are out of our flippin minds. Maybe an element of both...who knows?! I do know that I did this completely sober, and of fairly sound mind, and with all the little details of getting the title work down and registration and hauling her out for bottom job when the tide is high, and.....I don't think I could do the myriad of tasks any justice if I was continually recovering from hangovers or wasting time knocking down a 12 pack. I am gaining a new perspective on life, and how each Now moment is all we truly have. I can't really be here Now if there's AL on board.
      Scottish - I am SO happy you are back; seemed like you were gone forever. You ARE gonna beat this thing and we are gonna always be here for you, no matter what. When I first started I had a bad fall on Day 9 and was AWOL for 10 days. I remember thinking when I got to 3 weeks that I hadn't been without a drink for that long in at least 3 years. Now I know I've been sober longer than in at least 7 years, and am becoming more confident every day in my realization that I have a disease and I have to take it very seriously. I drank my lifetime supply a long time ago...and now it's time to turn the page on that life - it's time for Chapter Two!

Wishing all Nesters peace and serenity. Gotta go work on the blog now!
      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

greg ~ the things we can do when we're sober
        No going back now......no way!!!!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! I don't pop in here much - don't know why. What a fun group! Scottish Lass I just wanted to say hi and that I'm glad you are back with us here at MWO!!

CHASE YOUR DREAMS!!!!!! The sky is the limit when we kick AL to the curb. Think about all the energy we have put into drinking, planning drinking, making sure we have enough booze, trying to hide our drinking, trying to cover up our drunken mistakes, etc. etc. When we first quit, we have to put all that energy into quitting. But you know what? That all gets better too, and then you will have all that energy for YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!

DREAM BIG!!!!!!

Nighty night all..

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, I'm back from the MT, big sky country. It was beautiful and I miss it. I keep telling myself it sucks in the winter to make myself feel better. So much to catch up on, I need to take notes. To tired tonight.

Night nesters!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back...4me! Can't wait to hear about your Big Sky adventure...
              Sober for the Revolution!
              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

The Nest is open for business :H :H

Welcome back 4me!

Turnagain, I want to hear about your cooler weather.....

Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav - today the highs may hit 55 or so...lows in the mid-40s and it's getting much darker very rapidly.

It's odd...but after the long winter...when the temp hits in the 50s it feels warm and wonderful. Aftr a so-called summer, when the temps hit 50...I'm just cold and miserable. That's my weather whine for this week.

I'll put on a coat, shutup and get out to enjoy the fresh air. Fall doesn't last long up here!
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening Nesters....Where is everyone today?

Do you ever wonder what happens to the Newbies? We had 3 or 4 last week, and , they're gone. I hope they find their way, wherever they may be.

Still hitting low 90's here in Tampa Bay, but starting to see the prevailing wind begin to shift more northerly - FINALLY! Enough of the hot humid air from the tropics!

I love Fall in Florida - It smells like... Sailing Weather!!

Start my new job tomorrow...will be doing same work I have been doing, but for a much larger firm - hoping to find the opportunity that just wasn't at the smaller place. Still so much to do with Chapter Two and she's so far away....the next few months will just be wacky - Thank Goodness I am sober!

I started a blog for those of you who would like to join in on the journey; albeit vicariously! I'd love to have you join the crew! Visit: Into The Blue

Wishing everyone a peaceful and sober night in the Nest!
                    -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdy Nesters!

It was a busy but good day for Lav & AF of course

Turnagain, A nice sweater sounds cozy for you right now - can't wait

greg, nice blog & I'll bet you are Fookin Nutz :H :H
                      I hope you enjoy yourself & your adventure!!!!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, Once agian to late and to tired to catch up. The vacation catch up with work is all I can handle. I will try again tomorrow.

Night all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome charles...new myself day 2 AL freemand surpsingly coping OK,,worried about the weekend but this forum will keep my mind busy and on track..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hello & welcome to Charles & White. MWO is a good place & an effective program provided you are commited & do the work
                            The best place to start is reading the MWO book. You can download it right from the Health store here on the website. Making an individualized plan for yourself is essential. Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas. The MWO Hypno CDs are very helpful, please look into getting them.

4me, hope you have gotten some much needed rest!

Another busy AF day ahead of me so I'll get going!
                            Wishing everyone a good AF Wednesday

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesties!!

I have not yet made it past 4 days in a row. I will get there soon as I am starting to identify patterns when I drink.

2 weeks ago I started walking 1.5-2miles every evening since I have started to be AF.
                              I start walking at the beginning of what would have been wine-time. I have found that if I take the day off from walking I stand a much higher chance of falling off the wagon. I think I need to go EVERY day and also make the walks longer to avoud AL even more. That is sort of my plan. Even if I only walk 20minutes/day more that will reduce my wine-time and also be less likely to drink as I feel good after I exercise. 2 miles is a long way when weight 300 lbs.

I have gained a few pounds since trying to be AF. It is the ice cream. I need to cut back to just a few spoonfuls and also change to Weight Watchers fudgecicles to cut back on my input.

How is everyone else doing?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nest! I've been traveling on business this week, and haven't had a chance to chime in! Glad to see the new members as well as some names I recognize! I was checking in to my hotel last night and ran into my old boss...We called her Judge Judy, as she would cut you off at the knees. The time I served under her command I consider a sentence. A 5 year stretch. She finally got fired. A hard drinking, hard living woman. Six months older than I, she looks to be at least 10 years my senior. We got to talking and she asked me to join her and her local rep for dinner. I volunteered to drive. As the evening went on, she got louder and lower in the chair...slurred words...a lifetime of alcohol on her face. I can't tell you how proud I was of myself, and where I have come...cause I was right in there with her. I was always one of the last ones standing as they say...actually the last to leave the bar. How could that have been me 9 months ago? My deepest gratitude to this site, and these people, who pulled me in and dusted me off. Who listened and understood the power of addiction. The people who told me 'to think of something else' and keep my mind busy...as I do now to new folks. Thank God I found this site...because I pray I don't end up like I was heading... a washed up drunk. Thanks to all for helping me find my way out.
                                Be home tomorrow....peace to all who fly in! xo, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X