Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

4me;1177668 wrote:
    Greg, congrats on your new job! Dental Floss Ranch?
    Hey 4Me! I guess I'm showing my age and eclectic tastes in music. Frank Zappa did a tune about moving to Montana to become a dental floss tycoon. Obscure reference, sorry!

I wasnt able to open the pics, dang it all - will try and think of another approach as I'm sure they are awesome!
    -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

scottish lass;1177676 wrote: Quick check in - long hard days at work, and having to work so hard at the end of my long communte home not to turn right into the parking lot at the grocery store - the wine is screaming as i drive past to come in and buy - so far so good. Today end of day 4 - alarm will go off at 5:30am for my new gym class - gosh it is hard work being healthy!
      Safe evening in the nest all - and lovely to see the famiiliar and the new names...
      Hello Lass - I found myself on a few recent Saturdays getting up at 5 AM, on purpose, so I could go and workout at 6 and get to work by 7. And, with a new job and buying the boat, I am continually wondering where I ever found the time to drink! But I always did - every freekin day! What was actually happening, is that the things that matter most in life - relationships, children, living with purpose and enthusiasm, just weren't happening. It does get easier - you will become more confident of your way on the AL-Free path...just keep with it... AL won't give you anything but the blues.
      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1177748 wrote: Wow, busy morning on here. Good to see; shows we're all still motivated and going for our goal together. I've got a big clean-up day ahead, then swimming and Zumba class tonight. I find if I don't do the exercise it is easier to fall back to wanting a drink, whereas if I can keep that feelgood factor you get after the working out, I am not as tempted.
        Have a great day everyone.
        Keep it going Daisy! You're working your plan and it's working for you!
        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boozer, when I am able to stay away from my booze pattern, which mirrors yours, the only way I get days/times AF is to focus on it all the time with lots of reading and rereading the posts here and to stay brutally aware that I am in a battle to stay away from picking up the first beer.....read the posts here from the folks who've had real succcess as they have been here done that and are able to not do it anymore and there having better lives than folks who drink like u....good luck

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all so much for the kind words. If you can't tell it....I'm just sick and tired of what AL has done for me. It has loved me almost to death! So I'm cutting him off!
            At one time, I had a note at the bottom of my posts...it said, Willpower has nothing to do with it, a change had to be made and I made it. You can do this. Thanks all, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wowsers! What a Day in the Nest!!

Hokey Smokey this joint is jumpin!

Another epic for the Byrdie Bible. Awesome Girlfriend, AWESOME!

Libera - Welcome to the Nest - Only you know how low you have to go...the funny thing about AL is that we don't know what'll happen the next time we get loaded...we are always playing with fire... Will we fall in the tub and crack our head? Step off the curb in front of a bus? Imprint the wrong message to our children? Alienate our Soul Mate?
              If you already know that you have the disease, and yes it is a disease and not a myth, then decide that you're going to start treating it. Like diabetes, it can never be cured, but it can be very successfully treated. You just do not drink today. That's it. It's not complicated. Today, I am not drinking!

Effy - Welcome aboard! Advice on getting your bearings? Listen to Lav and Byrdie - make a plan (write it down) Get the supplement to help with initial cravings. Get some exercise every day. Order the CD's - abstinence version. All components fit together...oh, and spend a lot of time in the Nest!
              -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boozer, I meant to end my reply by saying; "like u and me"...I am on my latest 3rd day and I am happy for the days but scared that I always seem to drop the ball and give in to drinking with all the lies I tell myself that it is somehow going different this time...Byrd and Lav, thanks again and again for showing how good it can be if you don't quit fighting...thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy,

You're right. I will get it. Anything I can learn might benefit me. I'm gonna attack this from all sides.

Effy

Comment

Newbies Nest

And Gregorino - thanks, I will make a plan, and I just went for a bike ride. Excersize every day is important, and diet. Read a lot about that online today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whitey - Way to go on four days....keep it going! You have a great goal to go through the weekend - We're all pulling for you!

Ms. Tex - Awesome news on the BP. I saw the same thing...dropped like a rock in 4 weeks of AF. That'll give you even more inspiration to stay on the AL-Free path!

Boozer - I'm going to suggest that AL (or the voice actually) isn't as strong as you give it credit for... But that we are the ones who give in. No one ever held a gun to my head and made me drink a 12 pack. But every single day just about quitting time the voice would say, "Time for AL" and I would just say "OK" Day after day, month after month, year after year....
                      We have the ability to tell the voice, as Ms Byrdie so aptly puts it, to "Shut the F**K UP!" We can hop on our bicycles and ride ourselves silly, walk around the block until you get blisters, read every Byrdie post for the past 6 weeks....you CAN do lots of things besides give in to the voice.

Jolie - Good to see you here; it was very courageous of you to post about the 6 month lapse - but a powerful reminder to Nesters young and old. Thank you. Hope to see you here regularly - you have some powerful insights to contribute.

Hello Juja - Yes, the Nest is the Best! Stick around awhile, you'll be glad you did!

Hello Clock! You'd be amazed at how much confidence you'll have to stay AF after you have told the voice where to go 4 or 5 times and then have 2 or 3 weeks under your belt. It does get easier, just get that first 30 days and you'll be on a roll!

Well, another mentally exhausting day for me....wondering if I did the right thing with the new job....but, all will work out for the best I'm sure. As long as I keep my quit going, the rest is just small stuff.

Have a peaceful night/day Nesters! And remember, "I am not drinking today."
                      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yikes Bikes

Effy Davey;1178004 wrote: And Gregorino - thanks, I will make a plan, and I just went for a bike ride. Excersize every day is important, and diet. Read a lot about that online today.
                        Awesome Davey - There's nothing like a good vigorous ride. Sweat out those toxins! Don't forget to drink gobs of water!
                        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodness, I think the Nest doubled in size today

Welcome to the brand new Newbies Libera & Effy Davey!
                          I see Byrdie has been here to give you her speech, here's mine.
                          I encourage everyone to download the MWO book from the health store here. It has a lot of info for you. You need to arm yourselves with a good plan too if you are serious about winning this war. Use the great ideas in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html to help you individualize your plans. The MWO Hypno CDs were mentioned by greg & I highly recommend them. Changing your thinking about AL is a huge part of the battle. Learning to relax without AL on board is wonderful I wish you both the best & stay close so we can help!

White, congrats on your 4 AF days - great start!!!
                          Ellen, awesome about your B/P - what great news for you.
                          Jolie, I've missed you & I'm glad you're back. You can do this, you know the routine

Hello to Clockwtacher, juja, boozer, daisy, greg, 4me & of course Byrdie!

I don't know what happened today but I'm happy to see so many peeps flying into the Nest.
                          Have a safe night one & all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi - I'm new at the nest. Tonight was a cutting back night. The next few will be the same. I need to work out my plan/journal etc. I've stalked here a lot - but now all my "stuff" is here - so - no excuses. Here we go. It's less Phoenix rising - than Phoenix Burning. But one foot in front of the other.
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all for your advice and support. To know u are not alone and that there are lots of other people out there experiencing exactly the same feelings as yourself, gives me hope that one day it will click, and I will be al free :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greg,

I am interested in taking up cycling but have no clue what to buy. My biggest concern is that I weight 300lbs and need a BIG seat. Also, I want to be able to keep up with some coworkers that cycle 10 miles on Saturdays, so I dont think a cruiser will do.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X