Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Goodness Effy! So glad you are safe!!'I lived the first 50 years of my life is a safe suburb of Philadelphia so I know all about the street violence. last weekend Philly had 22 shootings - 22!!!!
    WTF? I now live about 50 miles south in cow country & hear guns all the time but I know there is a gun club just a mile or so away My brother-inlaw lives directly behind me & he shoots everything that wanders into his yard - groundhogs, etc. So stupid really.....

boozer, yuo sound good - hope you have a great day!

mylife, I love Wayne Dyer too. I have been working on developing my spiritual side - really helps.

Hi Byrdie, Turnagain & greg!
    Sent my grandson home just before 9 pm - now it's me time

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Effy,Thats so frightening. Hope u are OK. Lav,Can,t believe it......... 22 shootings. Its 8.00pm in Oz now and its been a great A/F day for me.Looking forward to stringing together some more A/F next Week. Will check in tommorrow:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nest!

Effy, how frightening and how wonderful that you are okay! I hope they find out who was randomly shooting! What a wake up call as well - I'm happy for you to find a positive in that event.

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF Sunday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have now made if AF through both F and S night AF. Now I need to string together 7 days all in the same week.

Slow but steady progress.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon Nesters!

Just home from my grandaughter's christening & brunch afterwards

Seems a little quiet here today but that's OK. I'm sure the Nesters are busy doing good, healthy stuff today

Ellen, one day at a time friend - you can do it

Greetings to boozer, mylife & everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, Just about to rush of to work 7.00am in oz. Hope everyone achieves their goal this week. Have a nice af Monday!! Will post later today

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done nesters! I'm so happy for each day we kick AL's @$$! Turnabout IS fair play! Hugs to all, xo, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

yo boozer

Happy Monday

My family is in Oz - here and there. Sydney mostly. I love Gerroa and the Blue Mountains.

Comment

Newbies Nest

brinking

hoping the bag of tricks (cds, topa, etc) are in the post this week. Hubby traveling on business for a few weeks. Me + alone = not good. I'm not going to drink while he is away. I'm NOT GOING TO DRINK ALONE. well maybe.

Coming home to an empty house, with nothing to do until the next morn just calls for the grapevine. What to do with myself? Arranged for brunch with my best friend on Sunday and a teetotaler anniversary dinner on Saturday nite - usually promise myself a bottle when Ii get home to get me thru it without a DUI. Don"t know my confidence level. Maybe Ii should keep with the carrott and stick for now. Gregorino? not sure how to play it. I WONT drink and drive ever. Under no circumstances. Never have and never will.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi ImHere....

I know EXACTLY how you feel about being alone. Not that having family around ever stopped me from getting the drunk on...but oooooooo....when left all by myself...let's just say I stocked up early and often at the liquor store and went on a guzzlin marathon. And since I work for myself...at home...well I could stay dazed for days on end.

You are on the right track in terms of making a plan. Might I encourage you to make a VERY SPECIFIC plan if needed? In my early days of being AF, I often planned each hour and addressed any situation I anticipated that would pose a temptation.

I would also encourage you to just set up camp here. Read....and read and read. Post. Head to the Chat Cave. Go out and explore the google. Go outside and take a walk. Call friends. Start a journal.

Get your calculator out. Figure out what you would be spending on AL...and do some multiplication. Take a sobering look at what you've already spent on AL....think about what it has cost you....not just in terms of money...but your health...and your self-respect.

Think about how good it feels for your body to heal....how good it feels to feel good again about yourself. Decide how you want to spend all that money you won't be using anymore to destroy your life. Treat yourself to something that you've been putting off. Do something nice for someone else. Donate. You'll still have $$ leftover. I'm saving up for a big family vacation. What marvelous places could you visit with those newly found funds?

As your body sheds the toxic effects of AL...work on retraining your brain. AL has done a number on the chemistry and circuitry. EVERY TIME you choose NOT to drink you are breaking new ground and building shiny new positive pathways in the synapses...The addictive pathways will grow less active.

Each step is progress. Each step makes you stronger. You can do this!
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good unhung Monday morning Nesters
                        My head is free & clear & I'm not dragging any guilt around - love it!!!!

Greetings to boozer, Byrdie, ImHereNow & Turnagain!

I'm another one who is self-employed & towards the end of my drinking career I was lucky to make it to lunch time before opening up the first wine bottle. It amazes me now how I got anything done at all It does take extra effort to 'police yourself' in the beginning of your journey. But it is doable with a strong commitment & a good plan. Ridding the house of all AL & promising not to buy any more, ever was my fisrt step! Changing my daily routine, doing most things differently was helpful as well.

I wish everyone a great AF Monday & will check in later

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hear ya, Lav... same here... being left unsupervised is not a good thing for me
                          Hello Nestlings... I'm unfortunately not new here but I need a serious reality check right now... so I hope you'll let me perch and lick my wounds for a while.
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all new to this site not sure how to work it yet..8 days sober..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you found your perch Sunni
                              Stick around & use that butt velcro you installed here a while ago!

Hi fun2run!
                              Welcome to mWO, glad you found the Nest!
                              CONGRATS on your 8 AF days - wonderful work.
                              Here's a link to our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html to help you make a plan for yourself. Also, download the MWO book from the health store here on the site - has lots of info about the program.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters. Just a short check in.off to work (7.15am). Been A/F 4 days now.Looking fwd to A/F today. Keep Strong everyone. Will check in later

Comment

Working...
                                X