Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Night night, Nestlings... sleep tight and don't fall off yer perches!

Think I need to superglue my ass to the perch!!!!!
    Night all!!!!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening Nestofarians!!!!

The Nest has been a rockin and I have been going like mad for 4 days straight. It's truly amazing all the things that need to happen when you decide to buy a sailboat 200 miles away (600 on the water) OY!!

I got all caught up reading everyone's posts, and so, here goes....

Turnagain - Thanks for the wonderful words and that was an awesome post a couple days ago in reply to ImHereNow. You are doing fabulous!

Ms Byrdie - Thank you as well for the kind words!

MyLife - Wayne Dyer ROCKS!! Are you listening to something new?

Effy - That was one wild experience....Hopefully, all is well and your insights about what to live for will stay with you always.

Ellen - Well....first, great job on going Fri AND Sat AF. Do you recall how you felt when you woke up bright and shiny on Sunday morning? Ms Lav is so right (of course she is, the Nest Mum is always right!) about getting 30 days under your belt before you even consider modding. If modding is in your future, then 30 days is no big deal. If you are having a challenge just getting a week AF, you may consider that the whole modding thing is nothing but the voice, the devious voice is using "modding" to get you to supply it's fix. I wish you well, and hope you stick around and keep us posted.

Boozer! 5 Days? Awesome! It'll be a week before you know it!

ImHereNow - Sorry I wasn't there for you a couple days ago...Hope you are hanging tough!

Hello GG - Nice to meet you here in the comfy Nest!

Fun2Run - Welcome Aboard! So, 9 Days now? That is GREAT! Keep posting, there's some peeps in the Nest who need to hear how you did it!

Daisy - Ease up on yourself. Almost everyone here can tell you about their multiple attempts to get it right. AL is not going down without a fight. The best thing is that you came right back, spilled your guts and made a new plan. Keep posting, stay on your plan, and this time you'll be ready for the voice when it comes.

Clover - 74 days....You're gonna lose track soon old timer! Way to go!

Alrighty then Nestmates, it's time for this old sailor to drop anchor by the comfy berth. Wishing all a peaceful and sober night.
      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back one last time to wish everyone a safe night in the Nest.
        Use superglue or anything handy to keep your butts here

Greg, hope you get some rest!

lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you!:new:
          Day 3 AF
          sigpic[I]

Comment

Newbies Nest

So much for moderating. After my wonderful consecutive f and sat, I have drank. Not just one but Sun, Mon and Tue.

I think I got too cocky after my bp dropped 20 points and I don't have to see the doc now for 6 months. Also, I have to see my psychiatrist (I am bipolar) next week and he always makes me get on the scale and takes bp.
            I need to recognize that my success was due to being almost AF and walking 2 miles most nights. I have also not walked since my dr appt.

Looks like it is time to wake up and view reality.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw Ellen, I feel for you. Isn't it strange how it's when we start to feel good and proud of ourselves that is the very time you start to believe you can drink; you look better, feel better, positive attitude, clean house, happy family - so all's good!!??? It's that damned voice talking!!!!!!! But the voice isn't there to lift you up again when only a few hours later the disappointment, shame and self-disgust sets in. The only reason you had been feeling great was because alcohol was out of the equation. We all 'know' this when we think rationally but it only takes a moment..........
              I done exactly the same as you; had my first 9 days in a long time and then BANG!!! That was it for 3 nights running. I read a post over the past couple of days that said something like 'if you haven't got the time to do it right the first time, then where do you find the time to do it over and over again...' . It made me think.....definitely have to try harder and put more work in.
              Anyways Ellen, as always on here, you are not alone. You're right back and not in hiding (which I normally do!). Add something extra to what you were doing before and we'll make it work!!:l
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Wednesday morning Nesters!

Hello & welcome to Britches!
                Find yourself a comfy twig & settle into the Nest for a while. We're pretty nice around here

Ellen, I'm so glad you put the brakes on after only 3 days & came right back to the Nest!
                Listening to the monkey mind chatter always gets us into trouble. Turn a deaf ear to it friend & get back to your plan, OK?:l

daisy, hope you are doing well today!

I have to run for now but will be back later. Wishing everyone a good AF Wednesday just like the one I'm going to have

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nestlings!

Welcome Britches! You've found a great place with lots of information, support, and wisdom If you haven't already done so, there are some great reads in the General and Monthly Abstinence sections... most importantly the Toolbox - check it out!

Morning Daisy & Lav and all to come... hope you're having a fabulous day
                  Kinda dark and gloomy here today and more rain overnight... I better get the scuba gear out again even though it's just a short swim to the car :H

Will check back in later... enjoy your AF Wednesday!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Britches, Ellen and Daisy and well done for coming back. I just shake my head at the power of this addiction. If you had, say, a 10 year prision sentence, you could look back at my posts as well as others, to see our shiny little heads pop up and say...you know...I think I can DO it!! I have this thing BEAT! I am FINALLY in control! Only to be hit over the head with grim reality that it HAS us. There is nothing wrong with this may I say...for each time we give it the college try...it becomes ever so clearer that this is something that must not get a smidgen of traction in our heads. Once it becomes absolutely apparent to you that you can't moderate, there is some freedom there I believe. Thinking otherwise is setting yourself up for a lifetime of torture. Cut it loose. You will never be sorry. Ever wake up and say," Dam...sure wish I'd got drunk last night...or I wish I had ordered those last 2 drinks". But perhaps as valuable as anything, you have your own words to look back on next time it happens. If we won't listen to others who have gone before us, maybe we will listen to our own words. I know it helped me.... Every fall is a step FORWARD. As long as you learn from it. Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well said, Byrdie And, good morning to you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Ms Lav!
                        Yes, I got some rest, thank you!
                        Had to take today off from new job because Wed was always my day off at old job and had orthodontics for the sweet 16er and a follow up DR appt for me to check blood after 6 weeks on niacin for high cholesterol. So, I have booked myself solid with errands and projects to fill my "off" day - a day that just a few months ago was always filled with heavy drinking beginning around noon or so. No time for that crap anymore! There's a vessel up the river that needs circumnavigating!

Britches - Welcome aboard matey! Day 3 is a good start - so tell us more! All Nesters love to hear the story!

Ellen - I am SOOO happy to see you in the Nest. Thought you'd be gone after the mod. post. Have you found any of Ms. Byrdie's posts on moderating? They are for sure worth scrolling back for! Have you reviewed your plan? Do you have the abstinence CD's??? Keep posting and keep at it - you WILL whip Mr AL's butt - I just know it!

Daisy - I too went on a wild bender after my first 9 days in years! Lasted about 8 days with the last drunk being a spleen-buster! So fookin what!? You are back here and that is what matters - just don't give up on this. It IS a manageable disease, and you will be successful!

Hello Sunshine!

And speakin of Miss Byrdie! Good morning to you my friend!

Gotta go hit the gym and release the endorphins - Be back in tonight!

Stay sharp Nesters!
                        -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Newbies Nest

Hi all! well my story is that I did not drink until I was 35 then met my now husband and we both love to cook....and wine goes well with that or so they say...I think I am drinking way too much wine though...I can drink a bottle by myself! I want to stop...there are a lot of issues with my family now my daughter is on chemo( she is grown) she has schleraderma as well as 2 other autoimmune diseases and recently divorced she is an only child and she has an only child my grandson who is now 15 and dealing with divorce and a new home and school. I am very close to my family and have been using wine as an escape...not good! so I am on day 4 and am plugging along...I have the all in one and supplements as well as the book and tapes so here we go! Reading your thread has really helped!
                          Oh I forgot to mention that I lost my job in March..(not due to alcohol-cutbacks) and am just now starting to look seriously as the personal issues have kept me very occupied!
                          sigpic[I]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Britches! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate - Kudos for taking such positive action!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters....Lavande offered me a twig a year or so ago and I wanted to pop in and offer encouragement. I have not mastered the beast, but I have not quit quitting either.....
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon Nesters!

No sun up your way either Sunni??
                                Hope you are having a good day

Britches, glad to see you back & congrats on your 4 AF days!
                                You have a great start, keep going & stick around with us! Your name just reminded me of something we say on some others threads - BGPs (big girl pants) :H

I'm wasting my afternoon making calls to my docs office & the pharmacy........
                                one of them has apparently decided I no longer need my B/P medication refilled. And that's funny because the last time I was in for an office visit was in May & I needed it then
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X