Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I will Lavande,,,thanks sweetie!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hallo: Mama Bear! Here, I'll scootch over.. plenty of room!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

settling my butt in as we speak!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Accept responsibility! Things don't get better, you have to get better. Situations do not improve, you improve. Circumstances don't change, you change. Better isn't something you wish for....Better is something you become.

~Myers Barnes
            I read that today and loved it......it may help some of you....this is up to US and no one can do it but US!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am back after falling off the wagon earlier this summer and basically getting run over...(over and over again) by said wagon.

I am 110% recommitted. I have been hanging out in the Tool Box all morning formulating my plan. I'm very happy to be back.
              AF 9/28/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Stuff Gardengal!!!!! Glad to have someone else to kickstart this with! My Summer has been the hardest time I've had all year. So tallyho and here we go!!!:welcome:
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All,

I'm here, too. I have ordered the abstinence CD's and have decided to get a shot of Vivitrol next week. I also am signing up with an addiction counselor. So, there are three new prongs in my updated plan! I just need something to help me with the cravings and get me through the first 3-4 months and I know after that I'll be okay. Half of it is the bad habits that make this so hard mentally!

I have also been reading a book called "Lighting Up" by Susan Shapiro. It's quite funny and really has to do with her giving up smoking (smoking several things) - but the cravings she goes through are very similar and she has a very funny way of putting it in perspective.

It's very nice to hear from everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW!

We have mama bear, gardengal & mylife back
                    We can stretch the Nest to make room for everyone!

mylife, I'm happy to hear you are working on your plan
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome! Nestlings with seniority!!! :H

Welcome back Gardengal (don't think we've met?) and Mylife!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav!

It's great to hear from you too Sunshine GG!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone!

Felt a little 'shaky' this afternoon, but had a snack and some tension tamer tea. I feel better now.... I'll check in later when I have more time (akaL: when 3 and 13 year olds are in bed!)
                          AF 9/28/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you got through the shaky part, Gardengal! Sometimes, a little nourishment is just what the doctor ordered

Well.. speaking of nourishment.. I'm off to bake a lemon meringue pie for my son (tomorrow's his b-day but he has to work, we'll probably just celebrate on Thanksgiving) which I will drop off in the morning, and cook some half decent dinner. I'm thinking Chicken Casserole. And, a cup of tea would be lovely right about now

Have an absolutely awesome AF evening, Nestlings!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunni, lemon meringue pie sounds pretty good right anout now
                              Happy BD to your son!

gardengal, I didn't lose as much as a pound when I quit drinking & was kind of pissed at the time but I realize now that I just ate more often. It all worked out though, so snack away & be safe!

I hope everyone has a good & safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande, I suspect I will not be losing any weight either...although today, my stomach hurt so bad that eating too much wasn't an issue. I am going to try a 'green drink' type of recipe so I can get some good nutrition in while I try to heal this battered body. I know I will be fine in the calorie department, courtesy of starchy foods that I'm craving.

I do have a few Ativan in the house, so my plan for tonight is to take 1/2 of one with some sleepytime tea, then a 1/4 of one tomorrow and see how I feel. I'm praying I won't need to drug myself through 5 days of withdrawals. I told my husband today, "Gee, for someone so 'smart' I sure am stupid!" He didn't say much, but I could tell he agreed.

Well, day 1 under my belt. I actually enjoyed reading books to my 3 year old tonight instead of rushing through and being short with her so I could get back to drinking. The time, money and health I have wasted.......unreal.

Good night, all!
                                AF 9/28/11

Comment

Working...
                                X