Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody.
    Britches and Juja - onwards and upwards!!!!
    Glad to say I have made it through the weekend unscathed. Had my mum, dad, sister and niece up for dinner, as well as my girls. Steak, chicken, onions, mushrooms, mushy peas, home-made chips and pepper sauce....dirty big slap-up feed and it was mmmmmmmm! Looking forward to tomorrow as I will be 1 week. Have a good night all - will catch up later.
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Living the life I always wanted

AF since last Sunday - a week tomorrow! Realized today that this weekend I've really been living the life I always wanted. Had brunch with a girlfriend today. Wasn't hungover and could actually carry on a conversation. Didn't shake when holding my cutlery. Went to a craft fair with another girlfriend this afternoon (I usually see girlfriends only during happy hour); lovely little midwestern town on a sunny autumn day - convinced her to forego the outdoor winebar with the live guitarist for the outside latte bar with chocolate fondue. When in my life have I EVER done that? And I wanted the latte instead?? (Heck, the wine was from ILLINOIS - who wouldn't turn it down!!!). Just kidding - I really did not want a glass of wine. I don't know or care if its the CDs, Kudzo, Topa, brainwashing, or a full moon. I LIKE IT!

Hubby is away, and yet I'm feeling so content. Not even proud of myself - tho I have every right to be - I'm just satisfied, and (despite all the wonderful things in my life) am the happiest I have been in a very, very long time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Britches
        Why beat yourself up? Did you overdrink? Did you disappoint yourself? Did you make a promise to yourself and not keep it? It may be naive of me, but if Roberta can do it as she outlined in her book, I intend to as well - someday - a way down the road, its my plan to moderate. Right now I'm getting my sea legs AF, and I'll be here quite awhile. If we got it right the first time, we wouldn't be here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

I thought I checked in here early this morning - guess not

Had a wonderfully busy day with my family for grandson's christening! The rain held off, we cooked out, cooked in & enjoyed a nice totally AF day

Brithches & Juja - decide what you really want, adjust your plans & just go for it! Keep trying & keep using those CDs.

Daisy & I'mHereNow, you sound great, I'm happy for both of you. Ellen, good for you as well!

I am one tired granny so I'm going to wish everyone a safe night in the Nest

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

ImHereNow;1182623 wrote: AF since last Sunday - a week tomorrow! Realized today that this weekend I've really been living the life I always wanted. Had brunch with a girlfriend today. Wasn't hungover and could actually carry on a conversation. Didn't shake when holding my cutlery. Went to a craft fair with another girlfriend this afternoon (I usually see girlfriends only during happy hour); lovely little midwestern town on a sunny autumn day - convinced her to forego the outdoor winebar with the live guitarist for the outside latte bar with chocolate fondue. When in my life have I EVER done that? And I wanted the latte instead?? (Heck, the wine was from ILLINOIS - who wouldn't turn it down!!!). Just kidding - I really did not want a glass of wine. I don't know or care if its the CDs, Kudzo, Topa, brainwashing, or a full moon. I LIKE IT!

Hubby is away, and yet I'm feeling so content. Not even proud of myself - tho I have every right to be - I'm just satisfied, and (despite all the wonderful things in my life) am the happiest I have been in a very, very long time.
            What a fantastic post Imherenow! Those are the very reasons we want to be free of this awful disease. Life is really so much more enjoyable without AL!!! Why it's taken me so long to comprehend that will always be a mystery - I'm just glad to be discovering that now!

Have a fantastic AF Monday Nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, new here and looking for support as this is day one for me. I'm here now, your post was exactly what I needed, thank you.
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

mylife, so glad you are 'getting it' now
                Keep upi the good work!

Hello & welcome to broken halo!
                The Nest is the place to be
                Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Heath store here on the website. And here' a link for our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html which is full of great ideas to help yuo make yuor plan. Please stay in touch & let us know how yuo are doing.

Grateful to be happy & sober this Monday morning - no room in my life for AL anymore!
                Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nestlings!!!

Welcome BrokenHalo... happy you found this place Read lots, ask questions, and post when you feel comfortable. You'll find that you are not alone in your struggle. Definitely check out the book and the link that Lav gave you... some excellent tools there.

Lav, you must have been beat by the end of last night! How many peeps did you end up feeding for dinner?

IHN.. GREAT post!

Daisy... well done on the weekend and SEVEN DAYS!

Mylife... sometimes we are a bit thick, huh? :H

Juju & Britches... up and at 'em, girls! Today is a new day! Let's make it an AF one.

Cpn G.... where are ya?

Ok, I'm late today.. totally overslept. Better hop to it Have a marvelous Monday, everyone!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

ImHere, I am so proud of you! And Daisy! I want you to remember how good you are feeling with AL OUT of your system/life. I would urge you write down or print out your post #13,800. Refer to it when you have weak moments or The Voice has strong ones. I was so happy for you, and then in the next post you mentioned moderating. Alas. This is the MWO "I Have a Dream" theroy. It usually IS a dream. Very precious few can moderate...sure some for a while...but then down it goes. I've been on the mod'g boards and I do see some success, only later to check in and see it has once again, gotten the better of them. I've been there 100 times myself, and so have most of the folks on this board. It's hard to hear. Why do you think you are feeling so good? Why do you think your mood is lifted and spirits high? (without spirits and being high?). This is the complacency that sets in upon success! And we must be mindful that this IS the Voice saying we CAN moderate. I've been on this board about 2 years now...but I've been fighting this demon for decades. IT will win. IT will ALWAYS win. So as Lav so gently puts it, put in your 30 days AF free and see how you feel after that. If you are like us, you will guard them with your life....because that's what we are playing for. Once you get the THOUGHTS of TRYING to moderate out of your head, and accept it....you will be so free from this unending pulling force. You are early in your quit. But I will urge you to write down that post #...and remember how good it feels to kick AL's @$$ after having been kicked by it for so long. Keep stringing your days together ....it only gets better!!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning! Just a quick check in...I didn't fall off the face of the earth this weekend, but was treated to a LOVELY upper respiratory infection courtesy of my little non-handwashing, sneeze-in-your-face kiddos. So, I spent most of my weekend horizontal. At least it kept me out of trouble and the way of temptation
                      Still feeling like crud, but wanted to give a shout out to all the fellow nestlings!
                      Oh, BTW, on a bright note, I found out late Friday that I did get the job...I start 10/10 back to full time office work, no more patient care for me. WOO HOO! Although, I am sad to put my 3 yo in daycare, both of us desperately need the structure. (and the money!)

I will check in later today. I don't have much in the way of plans other than running out to pick up some chinese food. This cold has made me crave hot and sour soup and I'm finally up to going to get it.

Have a great sober day, friends!!!
                      AF 9/28/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, i am slinking back in here for the millionth time to try again...
                        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

No need for slinking, Dodo... grab yourself a twig and settle in with a loud THUMP
                          Glad you're back. What are you going to do differently, this time around?

So sorry about the URI, Gardengal... isn't 'back to school' time just full of unexpected pleasures!? And congrats on the job!

Hello Byrdie!

Comment

Newbies Nest

5 days sober for this gal....
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome MB! :l 8 days, here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rock on girl...just refilled my antabuse....
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X