Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Way to go Mama Bear! Day 12 for me and feeling very positive - no cravings.

Mauri - no slinking allowed - I'm surprised you didn't hear the shouts as soon as you posted that we are so glad you are back!

This is a learning experience - that's for sure. I could kick myself and crawl in a hole to have given up 6 months AF to think I could moderate but instead I came back here and was welcomed with open arms.

To all who are struggling - KEEP COMING BACK! I truly believe we will figure this out one of these days - you know, the lightbulb will just come on and we will be free of this terrible addiction once and for all!

:welcome: Broken Halo - you have found a wonderful place!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H Schools are total germ factories Sunni :H

Hope you feel better soon Gardengal. Chinese sounds pretty good
      Good luck with your new job!

Mauri, welcome back!
      What's your plan this time around? Make it a good one........you know your triggers better than anyone

Hey Byrdie! What's new with you?
      I'm one of those folks who found MWO as a last resort. All of my modding attempts were made before I came here ~ dismal failures. Even though I still harbored a tiny desire to learn to attempt moderating I just knew that I couldn't. If it doesn't work then why keep doing it????
      It is seriously hard to accept the fact that you just cannot ever drink safely BUT once you do everything becomes so much easier

Where is greg today??
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks for the lovely welcome back messages I don't have a plan as yet but I am fully aware i need to get one and quickly!
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama Bear, Sunni & Jolie - I'm proud of all of you

Mauri, yes you absolutely need a plan!
          Make a list of your known drinking triggers then go to the Tool box & choose the appropriate weapons
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

mods

Lavande
            Thanks for all your great posts and support - you truly are an inspiration.

I have not yet learned whether or not I am UNABLE to moderate, and until I know it to be the truth, I will keep trying. I have such faith in my strength and determination. I smoked 4 packs of cigarettes a day for 10 years and quit over 20 years ago. I shopped myself thru 2 bankruptcies then learned my lesson; I lost over 100 pounds 10 years ago . . . now my lastest challenge is emptying every bottle in the house. (I'm telling you, next up must be the sex addiction, and I can't wait!!!!!):nutso:
            I have to try, and if I fail - I'll be the first to admit that I can't do it. And in the meantime, I'll suffer the consequences - which I will make every effort to minimize. I think if ROBERTA can do it and write the book, well so can I!!!
            ONE WEEK TODAY!!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

for Broken Halo

Hi Broken Halo!

I'm still finding my way around the board - lucky I can find my way back to the Nest everyday. Just saw your post - welcome! I've been here a week and am ASTOUNDED absolutely blown away at how great I feel. I've been lucky as I've been totally on my own, husband is away, no liquor in the house (that I'd drink - ever taste cognac? yuck!) and I've spend every waking moment listening to CDs, reading, posting on this board or putting pills into the little slots in my pill sorter.

I have done 30 days abstinence before. I have gone weekends without wine (not often or recent) - never before without suffering, drama, lots of thought/conflict/attention on it. Not so this time. I've got a very positive feeling about it.

Stay with us - the folks here are good people - just like us.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, Back to day one 4 me. There are alot of nesters making great strides on there AF days. Congrats!

Lav, your right! I need to do it for me and I am just going to do the best I can.

Greg, I am taking it one day at time. I'm not drinking today!

Hi Brydie, How are you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Fledglings!

Had a fairly busy day, then a workout (just about damn near killed me!) and some work on the barn... am pooped now. Mindless TV until I drift off to la-la-land is in order.

Hope you've all had a great AF day and evening and wishing you a peaceful night's rest!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Got some good work done today

ImHereNow, whatever you decide to do please just be careful.
                    It is my understanding that RJ ran into difficulties & is no longer moderating. She used to post updates from time to time but I haven't seen any in quite a while. We need to find what works best for each of us:l

4me, good to see you! Stick around, you know we will help you anyway we can

Sunni, you are one hard working granny just like me :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Four days in a row so far. CD's yet to arrive. Doing well. I can not get through the evening with just one weight watcher ice cream bar. Yeh!~

Comment

Newbies Nest

To Titrate, or Not to Titrate, that is the Question

I've been at the (old) lowest recommended dose for Kudzu for 2 weeks, and started Topa last week. No cravings. The schedule says to escalate the dose this week. Thoughts anyone? I'm not a small person - I've got an extra 15-20 pounds of wine-flubber on me.

Have a fantastic TUESDAY. (btw - listened to the Clearing CD for the 2nd time last night - I'd been calling it the "Cleansing" CD - now I know why - lol).

Gregorino - no wifi on the boat????

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Totally fogged in around my portion of the nest - such strange weather

Ellen, great on your 4 AF days! I wouldn't worry too much about an extra WW ice cream bar right now - still has to be a lot less calories than AL Hope those CDs arrive today!

ImHereNow, I did not use any Kudzu or Topa ~ I have a lot of allergies & just didn't want to go there. Hopefully someone whill chime in on that for you. As a medical person (ret) I would think if you are not having cravings then leave the dose as is. It's always safest to use the smallest most effective dose of anything.
                          The clearing CD was my favorite ~ that's the one that helped me learn to relax with no AL on board

Thi sself-employed person needs to get to work so I'll wish everyone a great AF Tuesday!
                          PS: I saw on the news last night that the Tampa area is dealing with some flooding - hope greg is OK.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

A soggy nest over here too. First we are in need of rain, everyone wept and prayed...so it came and is not leaving! My end of the nest is going to need to dry out some or we're liable to mildew over here! Greg, sail up here and get me!!

I am happy to see our nest thriving in spite of the clouds! I personally don't know where I would have turned if not for the people here. The only suppliment I used was L-glut (pill form) and the reason was I didn't want my hubs to see charges for the books, CD's or other suppliments. My journey might have been easier had I taken advantage of those tools, but it is what it is. I've just rounded my 9 month turn....do I still have cravings? Is The Voice still there? You betcha. Yes, I yearn for a normal relationship with the beast...but I don't venture down the rabbit hole. I quickly take stock at how much better I am today than a year ago, when I was losing ground on EVERYTHING I had worked for. So I am grateful and very proud of where I am today, and that trumps the rest. But everyone's journey IS different...each in his own way.
                            I'm going to go wring out my hair and clothes....
                            A Soggy Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Newbies Nesters,

I am quite new to MWO, so I thought I would start here as a "Newbie". I haven't had much time to read this humongous thread, but I will spend some time doing that soon.

I started cutting down my drinking about two years ago. I was drinking about one bottle of wine at night quite regularly. Now I have switched to beer. I still drink more than what I consider is "normal", and I feel it is due time to get the monkey off my back. Soooo ....I have committed to 100 days - which is Jan 5th for me - to be alcohol free. I think I'm going to need some help and that is why I am here. HELP!!

My user name is Windy...and not because I am a big blow hard. I love the feel of the wind on my face. I like putting my nose right in the air and feeling the breeze. (Just like my doggy).

I was reading the above post from Byrdlady and it really resonated with me: The Rabbit Hole. I think I've been down it.

I also lost a big post to you, so I am trying to remember half of it and I can't....

Good luck to all and I hope I can contribute some.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you dropped in Windy!
                                You don'thave to read the entire thread.......it may take months! Just go back a few weeks, when you have a bit of time & you'll see that we provide a lot of support around here. Everyone finds what works best them them provided they keep trying We all share what worked for us so maybe we can help the next person.

And I'm sure you will fit right in the Nest so make yourself comfy for a while!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X