Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mauri - way to go day 2 AF! So glad to see you here.

Hello there my friend Lo! I'm up for a bike ride this afternoon too! The weather has just been absolutely beautiful this weekend!

Good Sunday morning to Mimi, Boozer, Byrdy and my neighbor Lav! Lav - I actually feel amost guilty for being inside right now but I'm headed out soon - just wanted to check in and see how everyone's weekend was going.

Irish Eyes - :welcome::welcome:

So glad you have joined MWO and hope you stick around and meet lots of great people!

Have a great day everyone!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab! A Byrd could just pop reading your post! I'm so happy that you hung in there to day 13...the next goal...30 days! You can do this with your eyes closed and one wing tied behind your back!! I could just hug you!!
      Welcome Irish...gosh you have already made it over the hard parts, so you are well on your way! Just take it hour by hour and day by day....it's all you can do. Just keep it going!
      Beautiful day here...just windy...Hair spray bottle actually being used for hair spray today!
      Well I found and tried the bread in the box. Made by Fleischmann's (the yeast people). It was a just- add-water situation. I got the Multi-Grain. It was a heavy dense bread a tad on the sweet side. It wasn't what I expected (which was light, airy, yeasty) but was pretty good. It had a recipe for adding cranberries or orange juice and that might have been a better loaf. The sweet threw me off. Hubs didn't like it. It would be good as a breakfast bread with molasses or jam... It smelled incredible baking. If you set your expectations correctly...you will like it. It would have easily made 2 small loaves, one for you to try and one to give away with a small thing of jam and a pretty spreader! I want to try the white loaf, and will report back from the field when complete.
      Hugs to all today! MindPeace. Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,and well doneMauri. Keep strong and hang on to that beautiful A/F feeling!! Its a nice day(am) in Oz and I am about to hit my treadmill. Looking fwd to having a af week, and will be staying close to MWO for insperation.Thanks for all your posts. I read them all and KNOW they help me so much!! Hope you have a nice af Monday. xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wavin: Hi Jolie!!! :l

Byrdie thank you. I don't know how I can convince myself that it doesn't matter if I post here or not....when posts like that can bring a smile to my face and make me feel even better about what I'm doing. :h

Have you ever tried the ArtisanBread in 5 minutes a day? You just mixup the flour, yeast water and salt in a tub with a wooden spoon and tear off pieces of the dough as you want it to bake fresh bread. During the winter, I usually have a tub in the fridge...

I'm pretty tired tonight. Got outside lots today and enjoyed this wonderful weather.

I hope everybody is feeling good at the end of this weekend. We still have two more days off around here!

(my keyboard is acting up and leavig off letters - I'm trying to catch it but if I don't that's why!)
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!

I'm exhausted but then again I have been on the run since 7:30 this morning
            Got lots of things done around here today, played wit the grandkids & fed everyone of course (twice). I baked up more of the Harvest Grain rolls today - they were a hit last weekend so why not??

Glad to see everyone making progress, day by day!
            Mauri, Lolab, Jolie, Brydie, boozer - great to see all of you

Wishing everyone a safe night on the Nest.
            Grateful for my AF life!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just thought that I'd check in to this thread and say Hello!!!

I read MWO forums for a while before I decided to join and give an AF lifestyle a try. At first I made 3 AF days, then 4 AF days, then it was 7 by my third attempt... Now I'm on my way to 14 AF days and I have never been more excited!!

I just wanted to thank everybody here because I credit this site and everyones support for helping me get to where I am today! This is the longest I've been AF for in 10 years and I feel amazing!!

Thirty days AF here I come!!

:thanks:

Boh
              http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, sorry I have been MIA. My husband has been in the hospital with a crushed, infected arm....long story. Also his 89 year old father is in ICU with internal bleeding. Things are getting better all the way around. I am so exhausted, will try and catch up later. Hope everyone is well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters, day 3 for me and I can honestly say I don't WANT a drink today, it is the first time I have felt like that and it is the best feeling ever!! I am reading the Jason Vale book and I feel like my thought patterns are changing by the minute!
                  Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Lav, I know you'll be here momentarily...

Boh, great job on 14 days...I do believe it's 14 for me today as well.

4me I'm sorry things have been difficult for you! I hope things do turn around soon...:h

Mauri, keep it up girl - you're doing great! I'm also reading the book.

antoher warm day in store. I have a few things up my sleeve to keep my mind occupied and appreciating being AF...
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Yep, I'm here as predicted lolab! Congrats to you & Boh on your 14 AF days! Very nice!

4me, I am sorry to hear about your husband & FIL - wishing all a speedy recovery. Will keep you in my thoughts today, hang in there :l

Mauri, good for you making progress toward your goals

I have a busy day ahead so I should just get started!
                      Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

I am on day 14 today, and looking forward to my third week with no booze.:yay: DAY 13 was amazing and spent the day hiking and enjoying the outdoors with a clear head and much resolve to move forward without alcohol a part of my life.

4me ---:sorry: I am so sorry to hear about your challenges right now. Hang in there.

BOH and Lolab -- I am right here with you. I think I might be right behind you.. Anyway there must have been something in the air on September 27th (the day I quit). GOOD AIR. Maybe it was windy.:l

Boozer -- You are going strong...keep up the good fright.

Byrdlady and Lav -- I made pumpkin bread on Saturday and gave some away...It turned out great and greedy me managed to share it. I love the talk about bread it. Sharing bread....that goes back to the beginning of mankind...doesn't it??? How about a "Bread Tread"? I'd really like to hear about more about Lolab's artisan bread and Lav's harvest grain rolls.

Jolie -- Nice to meet you.. You sound really upbeat.

Mauri -- GOOD JOB.. You sound determined and excited.

Take special care Nesters.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all!! NOBODY fell out of the nest this weekend!!! That's what teamwork will do for you! I think it was the enticing aroma of our bread that kept everyone glued on his/her twig! The promise of bread...that should be reward enough for going AF!!! And for the calories you can HAVE it with a smudge of BUTTER! Lolab, ok you've got me hooked, what is the recipe for keeping a tub of bread-makins in the fridge? How does it 'live' in the cold, doesn't the yeast die? I guess not, they make frozen bread you just thaw and bake...ok ...LET'S HAVE IT! Lav, I still am chuckling at the thoughts of you giving bread as a 'door prize' for people who visit!! I love it!!
                          Lots of success going on here...no reason for it not to continue, if we did it yesterday, we can do it today...we must also keep Tex Ellen in our prayers for mindpeace as she's on a mountain vacation! Positive thoughts to all!! XO, Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

There is a cookbook (actually a couple...they also came out with Healthy bread in 5 minutes a day...and soon will have pizza and flatbread in 5 minutes a day) and a great website Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day and here is the recipe for the basic loaf....lots of variations on the site and the book. Recipe: Simple Crusty Bread - New York Times It's somewhere on their website but I didn't find it right away.

I use parchment under the cornmeal to ensure it slides off the pizza peel onto the stone. And I can vouch for the fact that this dough makes excellent pizza crust too.

I think I may put the other two books on my Christmas list!
                            ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy Carbs!!! Thank you! Can't wait to dive into this...I love cookbooks too, I may put on MY list, you are just full of it today!!!!!!!!!!!! (good ideas, I mean) eheheh. This is awesome! t
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments!

Sorry, my post may have not read the clearest... I'm 11 days AF (on my way to 14) which was my goal, but now I think I'm going to shoot for 30!! Although, it is Thanksgiving today and the wine will be flying! I'm confident that I can do this!! Wish me luck!!!

Boh
                                http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

Working...
                                X