X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey windy - congrats to you on your 14 AF days

Sorry Boh - your 14 days will be here very soon
    Just keep your eye on your goal ~ I have found holiday dinners are just fine with wine!!!!

Glad to hear I have other bakers in good company!
    I am making a serious push to use more & more whole grains in my breads & add flax meal to everything too for the essential Omega 3's. Maybe we should have a bread thread :H

Byrdie, I have lots of bread recipies that call to let the dough rise overnight in the fridge - works great!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters and congrats to everyone for keeping on the straight and narrow, I went to buy groceries today and have NO urge whatsoever to buy alcohol - that is a real first for me! I am still avidly reading Jason Vale...
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check in. Hi to all and glad to see that everyone is doing so well with their AF lifestyle. You have no idea how much that encourages me to remain AF for one more day.

I really want to make it one year and then of course once I make it a year it would be stupid to not continue for a lifetime....
        :hitme:
        Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Day 1 AF for me! :-)
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey mauri, good to hear you are doing well!

Mimi, you most certainly get to one year AF ~ one day at a time

CantBelieve, hello & welcome!
            Glad you came here to join the Nesters Settle in for a while, ask questions, stay in touch!
            I mentioned the MWO book & Tool box to you on the other thread - they both will help you get a good start.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning everyone and well done! There are many making real progress here. To those struggling, keep postive and stay close to MWO. I log on at east 6 times a day, sometime more. It really helps to know you are not alone! I am looking fwd to another af day. Just dont want that hangover feeling in my life ANYMORE!!!! At last, I am beginning to believe it gets easier with time. I gave up smoking the same way. I just kept reducing my nicotine intake gradually over a 12 mth period until there was no big deal to stop permanently. I am off to the Gym now,I find excercise really helpful to fight off cravings. Thanks for your posts, I read them all for inspiration and advice. Hope everyrone reaches their goal today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lavande,
                Yes, I'll check out the MWO book & tool kit. Managed to order the Kick the Drink book last night, or whatever it was called - can't remember! Tucked in bed now - day 2 tomorrow. What an amazing bunch of people on here.
                :thanks:
                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, good to see everyone doing well. Doing good myself. Been fairly busy - helping my dad paint a new flat at the moment, and I mean everything, doors, skirtings, walls, banisters, the works! Probably take a week or so. Then went for a 64 length swim at 8pm. Find I get a better sleep when I do more. Since reading Jason Vales book I feel things have changed a lot for me - my attitude mostly. Instead of feeling deprived of something because I am AF, I now feel empowered and lucky. I was swimming along tonight, just thinking, 'this is the life I want and I know there's more to come....' Yes, a far better feeling than I've had before.
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

So nice to hear that Daisy
                    You are doing great!!!

Boozer, great that your plan is working for you!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

So nice to hear that Daisy
                      You are doing great!!!

Boozer, great that your plan is working for you!

CantBelieve, congrats on your first AF day :yay:

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not entirely sure how I managed a double post :H

Oh well! :H

Good night all!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greeting from vacationland. Tomorrow I head to Pigeon Forge from Knoxville. Then to see the Smokey Mountains. Have enjoyed company but looking forward to my solo part of the trip. Walking, reading the My Way Out book and continue AF days.

I have lived alone for Twenty years and truly enjoy my own company.

I am not going to post my number of AF days until I am back from vacation as this trip is about relaxing and not focusing on anything but making the AF transition naturally.

I do have a question though. How many Milk Thistle capsules should I take. The bottle just says 1capsule is one serving. Also, does anyone k ow how long it takes being AF and taking milk thistle before the liver gets healthier ? I have to get blood work done before two months time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all, woke up feeling full of the joys of spring (well a rainy autumn ) and more optimistic about life than i have been for years!

Daisy the book is amazing isn't it?

Can't believe :goodjob: on your first day af

TX Ellen sounds like a fantastic trip!

Have a great day everyone!
                            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everone, Went so damn close to breaking my run of AF days just after work tonight. It just goes to show how easily the beast can tap you on the shoulder and the rest is history!! I was talking to a work collegue about a serious accident whilst at the same time my wife phoned and asked if I could pick up a bottle of white cooking wine from the local bottle shop on myway home. I new if I did this I would have to take a sip from the bottle and that would then lead to 1 to 2 bottles and a massive hangover the next day!!! Thank goodness my wife decided to go and get the wine hereself!!!! Finished up AF today.... Hope everyone is achieving their goals

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone
                                Its day 2 for me and at the mo things are good...although I could kill for a cola but I cant be bothered to go to the shop this time of night so I think I might make myself a nice cup of tea
                                Boozer.....well done on not having that sip of the bottle, you should be really proud of yourself
                                Well I am going to flop out with my cupa on ther sofa
                                Hope you all have a lovely day/night
                                Ronnie
                                xx
                                :dancin: enguin:
                                starting over

Comment

Working...
                                X