Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ronnie, Good to see you making Progress. I to would love to offer more advice to help others but I am still struggling and feel until I learn what works for me, I probably cant offer a lot but to touch base and share my day to day experiences!! It also keeps me focused if I hop onto MWO regularily. I am in OZ on the East Coast. There used to be an Aussie thread somewhere in the system. I have been fooled into mod like many of us, but it never works. Does for a short time, but then I slip into the old ways.........daily heaving drinking. But I have to say we ozzies love our grog. Its everwhere here I am surrounded by wineries and restaurants!!! My family and friends love a drink of wine and will any excuse! But that life cannot be for me. SB has taken to much away and I am determined that he dosent take to many more. Sorry to ramble a bit, just felt like having a bit of a whinge. Welcome back to the nest!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm still up :H

ronnie, I'm happy you are back with us & moving forward day by day

boozer - look in the General section for a thread called (I think) Underoos & friends...
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why haven't I posted here yet?
        This thread looks to be loads of good fun!
        I'm day 18 today! Day 8-feckingteen!!! I neva!
        I don't know my plans after the 30. Don't want to "plan" to drink, or try to sabatoge myself or anything. Just taking it day by day. I feel like if I'm still not indifferent, then I probably can't moderate. So I need to keep my eyes and heart wide open.
        I'm taking supps, all kinds of supps and today I just bought the all in one with the green phytobase. Expensive stuff! Woo-doggie. I got the L-Glut but I haven't started it. I'm a little nervous about that one, so I'll start it over the week-end.
        I am also on topamax, 225 mg daily. Doing ok on that dose, although sometimes I space out and forget where I'm driving or who I'm calling, or what the word for the thing that strains the spaghetti is called, lol. This dissipates after each increase.

As of day 18, I have saved approximately $300, and lost 7lbs, despite my intense cravings for various comfort foods.

I am on day 18 because of you guys and this program, this site. This gave me another way out, and I will be forever grateful.
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, Byrd, Lolab, Mauri & all others I haven't mentioned

Thanks for the messages - they're really helping. Today I begin day 3 and definitely feeling focused this morning. 2nd morning without a hangover - yay!! Waiting for Jason Vale to arrive to reinforce my brain power. Early evenings are definitely the crave time for me - scary one yesterday but refused to listen. Had a little word with myself and instead began making a roman blind! Whatever floats the boat.

Wishing you all a great AF day. Will check in later - be either lurking or posting as becoming just a tad addicted to this site, but not beating myself up for it! :yay:
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
            Boozy yes I go on the ozy thread they are a great bunch of people on there and you have a right laugh, you should join in they will welcome you with open arms.
            Well I had a bit of a craving today but I am glad to say that I told the craving to get lost and after a while it heard me. My first coaching of the season for tee ball went really well (looks like I might have another great team).
            Well done to everyone that has achieved thier goals today.....it makes tomorrow soooo much better
            Well I bid you all good night and I will check back in tomorrow
            Hope you have a great day/night
            Ronnie
            xxx
            :dancin: enguin:
            starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

The Nest is open for business :H

Dark & raining here but that's OK - just had 7 days with no rain & boy did they go fast!

Hi nursie, glad you found us!
              CantBelieve & Ronnie - keep ignorning the mind chatter, you are both doing great!!!

Will be back later.
              Wishing everyone a happy AF humpday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Wow....we are getting a great group here. Keep up the good battle everyone.

Just a quickie --- I am officially in my 3rd Week, so I am waiting for that miracle of change. All kidding aside...... What I am finding out is that it takes time and patience and nothing worth having is accomplished over night or in a few weeks. Dagnabit. I am not known to be patient.

Bread Note -- I just ordered the book on how to make 5 minute Artisan Bread. If anyone is interested, I can give you the authors' name.

Have a great day/evening.

Comment

Newbies Nest

windy, you'll have to try the wheat stalk bread on page 41....there's also a photo in the middle of the book. It's so neat - each person can just break off their own little piece and the crusty outside is maximized! very cool presentation.

Hi Nursie - great job on 18 days! And great job on getting around that craving Ronnie...we all have them - I'm not goingto let them get the best of me!

I feel the same about the weather Lav...can't complain with the long weekend we just had. :-)
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Everybody's got that Bread Book but ME! (fists pounding). Don't fret, (finger shaking towards the heavens) I shall get it! Windy, on that one crusty bread recipe I snagged...I gathered up all my ingredients and then noticed it said UNbleached flour...all's I stock is bleached....will it make any difference?

TX Ellen, girl!!! You came within a gnat's @ss of caving to The Voice! Ok...if I may...let me go with you down the Rabbit Hole. You go to the store, and buy a bottle....so that's all you can think of on the way home, right? Drinking. So you settle into the hot tub with your glass...next thing you know, it's gone. Dam, that went fast. Well that will never do...you get up and pour another...then you have finished the bottle...while you feel relaxed yet guilty..somehow, it's not enough. Only now you are too buzzed to drive so you resentfully get thru the evening and turn in early. Next day. What do you think happens today? Nope. Nope.... You find your way BACK to the store again...and buy MORE wine. Fast forward, you get home feeling like hell, you're a failure, you can't stop you can't go....where do I go from here? Start all over again, Day 1. Am I true? It's the inevitable thing! THIS is where it's ALWAYS going to go....nowhere. This is how WE are!!! Nothing's going to change if we keep doing the same thing....don't you agree? The outcome will, and has always been the same. Shame, guilt, self loathing. You must get control of your MIND. As soon as you get that first thought, SHUT it out!!! Say NO!!! NO YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DO THIS TO ME ANY MORE! And be on your way to something else....recite the Pledge of Allegience...name the 7 Dwarfs or Dwarves....google to find out if it's Dwarfs or Dwarves!!! So WHATEVER it takes to get your mind out of that hole. Girl, there is NO future for us down there. Trust me, I looked and looked. I set up shop down there, I WANTED it to work ...it ain't there. Keep going on your AF path. You can do it. I am up on your shoulder and I will snatch you up outta that tub if you blow it!!! Make this the best and most memorable vacation you ever treated yourself to....the vacation you spent kicking AL @SS!! Keep singing that country song....'One drink is too many, and one more is never enough'.
                    Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady, About the bread and unbleached flour -- I would not use the bleached flour. It just doesn't sound natural to me. But I think it would be okay if you did. Check out this web site I found: Flour: Bleached vs. Unbleached - Home Cooking - Chowhound

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK - I wanna know-
                        who is the author of the 5 minute Artisan Bread book?
                        I guess I could just Google it
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK -- Drum roll please ---

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertberg and Zoe Francois.

I am assuming this is the book Lolab was talking about. It is the one I ordered.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep that's it
                            Sorry! Should have posted it
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Holy smokes, Windy...got an earful on that link on bleached vs unbleached. Thanks! It makes me want to run out of the room with my arms flailing to think I've just blindly used bleached in the past. One guy said it was only good in sugar cookies....not much else. I will run to the store and get the other asap.
                              I found in the early weeks of sobriety I found great solice in things like bread and potatos...not to mention sugar. I CRAVED carbs tho. Much like I'm craving a sugar cookie now that I mentioned it above...and what else to do with my worthless bleached blond flour? eheheh.
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi my name is Melissa. I'm not sober but am trying to get down each day. It's the hardest and most challenging accomplishment one can make. I'm a wine drinker..always loved my vino! In the last year it started with just one glass with dinner then 2 and I'm sure where I'm going with this...
                                I am at 6 1/4 cups of wine per day spaced out over the day so I will not have DT's or seizures. Each day I take 1/4 cup down. Has anyone done this before? Thank you in advance for any replies!

Comment

Working...
                                X