Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Windy...You are kicking it!!! I couldn't be prouder if you were my own kin! Keep up the great work! 17 days is freaking amazing, isn't it???? But hang on to your magic hat, Bullwinkle....emotions run all over til you hit the calming waters of 30 days or so....keep em even my dear friend..as best you can! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdlady.....My own kin...How sweet...You are my soul sister...I will call you Sista Soul...

I would love to hit calming waters. I have come to think I am not a "calm person". I did 30 days (once)...you're right...it takes awhile, Doesn't it?? 30 days was not quite enough..Did I mention, I am not that patient. I am getting better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrd, Windy and Cap'n G!
        Windy, you asked about my painting; nothing exciting I'm afraid. My brother is in construction and built a couple of flats recently. They are new and need painted top to toe - skirtings, stairs, walls, ceilings, the works! My dad and I appointed ourselves as chief decorators and have a couple of weeks before the new tenant is due to move in.
        But, painting and drawing is something I've always done - not for about 8 years now and it is something I am going to get back into. Going to make the most of this new-found freedom and do the things that give me pleasure.
        Cap'n G, good to see you back - you are so good at keeping up to date with everyone. I 'do' feel like I have turned a corner. I feel so differently about alcohol after reading Jason Vales Kick the Drink book. Instead of feeling deprived of alcohol each day, I now feel lucky to have finally realised I don't want it. I know I want a happy, fulfilled life.
        I so get what you are talking about when you say you really laughed. You really notice it when you do - and you know it's real and your feelings and happiness at that moment - hard to beat!
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, Byrdie, Gregorino, Windy, Daisy & all other nesters I missed,
          I really do appreciate the words of encouragement. Felt absolutely s*** today. Totally hungover all day. This felt like one of the worst ever because my resolve had been so strong. I am NOT going to let that voice take over again. I don't want to moderate - just don't think that's for me. I have to abstain. I can't count today as day one as I drank into early hours and have felt full of alcohol all day. So I'm going to count tomorrow as day one.

Yes, I need a plan. I'm going to read Jason Vale's book (my head still hurts too much to read just now) and go to the shops for some good food. I have lots of supps to be getting on with.

All I can write just now as feeling dreadful but wanted to thank all for the support. Was very embarrassed to come back and admit defeat at such an early stage! I really, really want a life without this debilitating, revolting drug. I'm going to just count today as a reminder of how much I hate myself and life when I drink and then let it go. I'll check in tomorrow with hopefully a happier head and a big fat resolve to start again.

Thanks all :blush:
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

windy;1192488 wrote: Ahem -- Greg....I am on DAY 17....WooHoo....Day 14 was so yesterday.....
            LOL! I am SO sorry Windy. That's what I get for being 5 days behind. Can I get a do-over?

Windy - Day 17 - WoooHoooo!!
            -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

CantBelieveI'mStillAtIt;1192512 wrote: Hi Lav, Byrdie, Gregorino, Windy, Daisy & all other nesters I missed,
              I really do appreciate the words of encouragement. Felt absolutely s*** today. Totally hungover all day. This felt like one of the worst ever because my resolve had been so strong. I am NOT going to let that voice take over again. I don't want to moderate - just don't think that's for me. I have to abstain. I can't count today as day one as I drank into early hours and have felt full of alcohol all day. So I'm going to count tomorrow as day one.

Yes, I need a plan. I'm going to read Jason Vale's book (my head still hurts too much to read just now) and go to the shops for some good food. I have lots of supps to be getting on with.

All I can write just now as feeling dreadful but wanted to thank all for the support. Was very embarrassed to come back and admit defeat at such an early stage! I really, really want a life without this debilitating, revolting drug. I'm going to just count today as a reminder of how much I hate myself and life when I drink and then let it go. I'll check in tomorrow with hopefully a happier head and a big fat resolve to start again.

Thanks all :blush:
              And what about the HypoTherapy? Is there HypnoTherapy in the new and improved plan? I would recommend going with the ABSTINENCE CD's. Thanks for checking back in...keep doing that! You'll be stronger this quit- you'll see.
              -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can'tBelieve, I feel your pain! Feels like maple syrup running thru your viens...when you get your lines clear, write down that post # you just did, it was #14,088. Next time The Voice comes a-knockin...go back and read your very own words! Then you can tell him just where to go! To Hell and Back, just where he has just put you!!!!
                Come on, let's get you cleaned up and ready to go again....we can do this! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters, I'm not even going to try and catch up with everyone since I have been away so long. It looks like everyone is doing great! My husband is still in the hospital and the infection is MRSA and in the bone. He is getting better and will be coming home with an IV for antibiotics for six weeks. During this time we almost lost his dad as well, so it's been crazy. I wish I could say I was strong and AL was not in the picture, but I wasn't and I feel like crap for giving in to my old stress cruch. :upset: It was a choice I made and not a good one. I was on day 11 or 12, can't remember and now I am trying to find the strength to get back to day one again. I am going to order the Jason Vale book today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H :H Well -
                    I've been asking 'where's greg?' for a couple of days -

He's Back!!! :H :H

Glad you are doing so well Cap'n!

CantBelieve -
                    Tomorrow will be a brand new day, the first of many more to come
                    Drink lots of water today & do think about getting the Hypno CDs - they work!!!!

Great to see everyone today!
                    My lunch break is over - time to make some money!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

4me,
                      I'm so sorry you've been under such stress.
                      I sincerely hope things ease up for you & your husband recovers quiickly.

Hopefully you can get back to your plan soon.
                      Take care of yourself :l
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ohh why does this wine have a hold over me! My heard beats out of my chest, I'm not concentraing on anything, I have a really bad head ache, and I just want to drink a lot! But I'm on a step-down w/ meds and are only allow so much alcohol per 2 hours. Total today 4 /8oz glasses. I'm on my 2 1/2 cup since 1030 am eastern time. I'm feeling just depressed and lonely..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings from the Smokey Mountains. I have been here two night. Only two left (boo).

It has been rIning all day so I stayed at the cabin snuggled up in a blanket on the back porch enjoying the mountain views. A perfect day for reading the MWO. What an interesting story. I could so relate to Roberta's feelings. I have been falling asleep to the cd's for about a week and have decided that NOW is the time I will succeed!!

I almost had a slip 2 days ago but made it through ok. Today is day 7 again, which is usually where I faulted. Since I have two more nights alone and a totally stress C
                          free environment I will get past the trying day 7 and on to 30 days.

I truly feel like I am on the right path.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovemygirls,

Here is a big hug for the success you have achieved so far. Yes, it is hard work cutting back on AL but you can do it!! Did your doctor create your tapering down plan. It sounds well thought out and should not have too much withdrawal effects.

Just live one hour, or even one minute at a time.

Listen to everyone in the nest. They have sage words to offer you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Thanks for the kind words today. Happy to report head finally cleared and feeling revved up for tomorrow.

Lav & Greg - thanks for the Hypno advice. Sounds like good bit of kit to add.

Byrdie - what a great idea about writing down how I felt today. I do want to forget but I don't because if I do, I go right back down there. Brill idea!

4me - I'm really sorry to hear about your husband and his father - healing wishes sending your way.

Lovemygirls - so sorry to hear you're feeling so down and lonely. I felt same earlier but all peeps here helping me out of it. I really hope you feel better soon.

TxEllen - your holiday sounds fab - wishing you well cracking the 7-day itch and getting to 30. Hope to join you soon.

Tucked up with Jason now (Vale that is) so hoping to supercharge my brain for tomorrow's day one. I only want one false start!

Night all and happy thoughts :-)
                              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, Hope you are all keeping up the good fight and achieving your goals. I have had about 9 days af (almost) I am so dissapointed that last night I succombed to the poison. I had severe cravings all day and just about made it through when my son phoned to say he had got a new job.He came arouind to celebrate and that was it. I am hungover and feel horrible. Have ordered kick the drink book and am so looking fwd to reading it. I feel I have let myself down and you guys that have been so supportive. Will post again later Today will be AF

Comment

Working...
                                X