Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

My avatar is because of Adenhart; California pitcher who was just hit and killed by a drunk driver. I have nothing but horrible headaches since coming back to NH; think I am moving to Florida.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Sea - know nothing about baseball but that's really really sad.

Dill - I've been in Sinvegas since 2003 - DH got a job offer we couldn't refuse. Am not sure what the future holds for us - but I know that once the boys are older I'll be taking full advantage and travelling as much as possible. I have friends all over the world now, and am working on visiting them all at least once! Thanks for askingx

And why has noone commented on my lovely new avatar? Thats my lovely IG, a completely freaky little dog, I bet G could send him on his way with just a hard stare........

Bx
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,

Sea-I've had the heat on every since I've been home; think I'm moving to Fl too!

PR-Glad to see you did get some rest. My hubby does his best sleeping in front of the TV. LOL!

Dilly, Sd, Sunni, SweEty-where is everyone this morning?

I hope everyone had a great Easter! And I hope everyone has a great day today!
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

There you are Betty-cross post!
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lil! I'm here hiding on the Happy Easter Twig! I'm trying to get out of going back to work! LOL.

I'll check in later!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here too ((yawn))
              Slept in.....sitting here enjoying my Diet Pepsi and banana!! I' m a health nut I know!!!
              Not too much going on...Easter was good...lots of food, lots of wine (none for me)!! Day 13!! Wowzer!!!
              Hoping to hear from the guy about the house...we'll see if he changed his mind or came up with a different counter offer...if not, I'll keep looking...something will come open!
              For all those football fans...season schedule are coming out tomorrow!!! Right, tomorrow???
              Well I'll check in later!
              SD
              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
              7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

;Hey nesters! Settling down for the night. How come no one mentioned my new avatar? It's a daffo'dil'. Get it?

Sea, are you really moving to Florida? And thanks for explaining the picture. It was a very sad thing, to be sure.

SD, I hope he accepts your offe, but you're right: something will come along. You have been so positive lately!! I love it!

Well, It was a cloudy, drizzly old day. I took on one of the biggest closets in the house and tamed the beast! Then I went in to work for half a day to get caught up. Pretty good day, all in all.

Heading for the RRT (really, really tired twig). See you all tomorrow! 'night PR!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening peeps,

Dill-I love your daffo'DILL avatar. It makes it feel like spring here in the nest. Most of mine are in bloom along with a few tulips that are trying to bloom.

Sd-Congrats on 13 days! This is a buyers market right now for houses. So if that guy doesn't take your offer, I'm sure there will be an even better place waiting for you. Keep us up dated to what's going on.

Pappa R-Did you survive another "monster" week end intact? Your slippers and green robe are waiting for you and I'll leave the light on. Give "G" a scratch on the back from all of us.

I'm going to settle in for the night. I see a nice comfy twig just waiting for me. Night all!
                  AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Yeah Lil...I survived...and yeah, G is getting his lovin....he enjoys our bonding time when I'm around. Well goodnight to all my little ones....sweet dreams from me & G....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters! It's a new day. Coffee's on. Actually, I had to start a second pot: I've been up awhile!

Lil, We took that picture on March 19th. That was the first daffodil to bloom. Now all the daffodis are done and the tulips are in full bloom. Could we be 3 whole weeks ahead of you with season change? That just doesn't seem right. I think of you as a neighbor!:H

SD, any word yet?

Have a great day, everyone!
                      Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Used to be scared but hopeful but now I'm exhausted!

Hi everyone!

This looks like a good thread to join in on! I shared this on my thread but thought I might get a little more help from all of you here on the Newbies nest.

No drinks since Saturday and boy would I love to go mix up a cocktail. I received supps and cd's yesterday. Dove in head first. The supps made me a little dizzy feeling but no other bad side effects. I didn't pour any drinks last night and actully didn't think about it, which was nice.

Until about 3 a.m. that is. I could not sleep at all last night. Second night in a row. I didn't drink but I really wanted to. The nice warm relaxing elixer always relaxes me and (after too much) puts me to sleep. I was hot then cold, couldn't get comfortable, brain wouldn't shut off, and now I'm exhausted and want to crawl onto the couch with a nice warm bottle of wine. How long will this part go on?

Last night I watched Dr. G the medical examiner and she did an autopsy on a 39 year old woman. She said she had one of the worst yellow-fatty-enlarged livers she'd ever seen and was shocked that it was in someone so young. She said this woman must have drank an ENORMOUS amount of alcohol. She actually died from a black esphogus, which can be a result of alcohol abuse. This scares me... just turned 40.

On another note... my husband opened my box of cd's and supps and had some questions so we talked about all this. I hadn't shared any of this with him and really wasn't ready to either. Now he's sort of acting like he's watching me. Everytime I got out of bed he asked if I needed anything. He slept so quietly I dont' think he was actually asleep. I reminded him that my goal is moderation. I wish my secret was stll my secret!

UGH. I'm just tired.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters ~ it's been awhile since I last posted. Looks like everyone is doing well and achieving their goals. I have been extremely busy over the last couple of weeks and just haven't posted. I have been lurking about seeing how you all are doing

Well, I am going to settle on the VBT (Very Busy Twig) for now and hope to check back in later. If not, have a great evening everyone :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Choppers! I missed you! Thanks for checking in.

Welcome, boobie, I know what you mean about wanting to do this without telling anyone. I haven't shared this website or the program with my HB, because I didn't want to feel any pressure. I do the supps and have done the CDs. I haven't done the CDs in a in a while though. I still take the l-glut, GABA and kudzu maybe once a day.

Sleep seems to be a common problem. I have been doing well, but I take several supplements. I take one valerian, one melatonin, two Calmes Forte, and one benedryl a half hour before bedtime. I also was taking 5-HTP, but ran out. I generally do well, but must admit that I woke up a few times last night. I think that was because I drank too much water before bedtime! I plan on tapering off of these supps in the near future.

I'll stake out a VCT (very comfortable twig) for the night! Lights on for you PR!
                            Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening peeps,

Welcome Bobbie-:welcome:-How long have you been AF? I had difficulty the first 3 or 4 days with night sweats and over all feeling like crap. But was doing much better by the end of 7 days. I'm sleeping better than I was in the beginning but am usually up once or twice a night. I think that's just part of my age. I quite cold turkey and didn't take any supps so can't help you with that. But I do take the B vitamins, a multivitamin, Omega complex and liv.52.

Chops!!! I'm so glad to see you! We'll keep a place saved for you on the VBT. So just settle in for the night and rest your tired little wings. :l

Dilly-How was your first day back to work after your vacation? I hope everything went well for you. It was cold and rainy here so I spent the day cleaning out my kitchen cabinets. Oh joy!! :H

Pappa R-Hope you didn't have to work to hard today. Your slippers and green robe are waiting for you. I even found this cute little green cat robe for "G". I hope he likes it. Now you two match! LOL!!

I'm going to grab that VCT (very cozy twig) and call it a night. Talk to everyone in the morning.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all!

Welcome Boobie.

I'm still in PMT/Full Moon mode so not very chatty. Sent the Teenagers to school without breakfast as they didn't get out of bed on time, never done that before.

Not sure what kind of twig I need - maybe a kiatt (knickers in a twist twig)? Actually maybe I'll go back to bed for an hour. Just because I can.......B
                                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X