Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Just checking in. All is well here. I can't tell you my AF days number. Not that I have had any AL, but because I decided keeping trac of the days made me feel stressed about it. I have decided I don't need to count, all I need to do is not drink. Semantics I guess.

Comment

Newbies Nest

What Up NestEggs??!!

Another rockin day in the Nest and all seems pretty well.

Byrdie - as all Nesters will be doing, I too shall hold some highly positive vibes out for Hubs. He's gonna be A-O-K!

I quit counting after 30 days too...It was like I was still hanging on to the old me and I needed to break that chain. I actually have a reminder in my google calender when I hit 100 days - Just so I can crow for a moment!

Always good to see RBG drop in - wish we could have that more often!

Lav - What was the name of the supplement you were mentioning last week - I meant to write it down and then went down another trail....
      And, I guess you're going to make me beg for the Bullwinkle link!!

OK Geeks, I just held down the windows flag with my left index and tapped the < key with my right index and my screen went to 50% on the left. I suppose if I had a second window open then it would have been to the right. But, for a guy who types with two fingers and a thumb, I'm not sure how useful that would be to me. :H

Work was mighty challenging today...had to go to a "teen assessment" with the sweet sixteener this AM, following her recent ticketing for driving without a license (or permit!) or even permission - we were advised that if she takes the car again that we should have her charged with grand theft auto. Don't think I could do that, but maybe her hearing that will keep her closer to home....time will tell.

Anyway, I'm rambling now so I will just wish all a peaceful and sober night/day - keep up the good quits Nesters!
      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning/Day Nesters,

Lav -- I am doing really well and have not had a sip of booze since September 27th and I AM on track for 100 days on January 5th. I am holding that day as HUGE and it really is keeping me from drinking anything or even thinking about it until that day. Well, I do think about it, but for some reason, this has really got me going.

The reason I wanted to earmark that day is because so MANY TIMES I had made promises to myself only to fail and three months later, say to myself -- if only I had stuck with it, I would be there". Time flies by so fast these days and January 5th will be here with no regrets. That is my biggest goal.

I was even cocky enough to start a thread with that day in the title. I can't wait to bring it back up....better than Christmas, my Birthday all rolled up in to one. I can't give that up and that keeps me going one foot in front of the other and one day at a time.

I don't really like to count days per sea, but find it impossible not to. So I made a promise to myself and to all of you and that means a lot to me.

Byrdie -- You are in my thoughts.

Everyone -- Have a wonderful, peaceful day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Jason Vale book came - can't wait to make my way through it. It's very readable...

Positive movement - and playing the daytime version of the MWO hypno cd while I've been working early...
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Humpday

Raining in my part of the world again......

Windy, keep your eye on your goal, that'c cool! Personally I am going to throw myself a party on Dec 20 for 1000 AF days

Prarie Fairy, glad you are using your tools, have a great day!

greg, was I talking about Amoryn last week for anxiety/depression?

Have a great AF day one & all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Windy....we are a pretty good pair this time around aren't we??? :goodjob: Must have been something magical in the air Sept 26/27th....:-)

Byrdie, my thoughts are with you and your husband today...:l

Can't believe - way to keep going STRONG!

remorsebegone-thanks so much for checking in with us....before long Windy and I will be at 107 days - it's soooo helpful to hear from others who are DOING this!

Lav, I see your first AF day was also on the 26th....a different month and a different year than mine but hey! I'm taking that as a good omen...:H

RONNIE'S GOT DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!! MOST EXCELLENT!!!!!:kewl:

Hey Daisy, one of your posts you mentioned last year you had 3 months right about Christmas time....well, this year for me will be 3 months at the same time....and Christmas is a big bittersweet trigger for me...so I am keeping you in mind this year...as my inspiration to make it through it AF...:l

Boozer, nice to see you hanging in here and doing so well.

Ellen, you're doing a great job...do whatever works for YOU.

Hi Greg - maybe that's what I'm talking about computer wise. who knows what this kid has me doing - sometimes I think I'm a puppet on a string. Best of luck with you with the kiddo - Grand theft auto - wow - i've seen the xbox game - that's scary! I hope she feels the same.... thanks for checking in with us.

Hi Prairie - I hope you enjoy the book - the message behind it is "refreshing"...

Lav, you better have plenty of invitations for that party because I know a TON of people who will want to celebrate with you!

I'm getting off the computer now - nope - I'm not sitting here for the next hour reading through posts....nope - I'm getting up...Now.
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the positive thoughts as hubs underwent his surgery today. We got up at 3 am and got to the hospital at 5:30. They took him back promptly at 7 and he was finished by 8:15. His drs said it was a routine session, no surprises so that's great news. He is able to weewee ok and says he feels fine (on major pain pills!!) So far so good! Thank you everyone for checking, that means the world to me. xxxoo, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's a good report Byrdie, thanks for checking in with us

lolab - I hope everyone is here on Dec 20th to help me celebrate 1000 days :woot:

Greg, remember a while back when I mentioned having the police talk to your daughter? Hopefully they were able to break through to her before things get any worse. Let's hope so

Was just out to meet friends for lunch which was nice but the rain & wind are causing havoc on the roads.....trees down here & there
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
                    I'm having a bit of a wobble. First time I'm been AF since my mother's death - 2 years ago on Haloween. Can't stop thinking about the pain she must have gone through. 4 year battle - breast, brain, liver, bones until the big C finally took her. That's all I thought about when she first went - the pain she must have endured but AL somehow made it bearable. Shamed to say AL got me through. My best friend and the only person I told I had a problem. She never judged me - I've always been functional AL. She told me on her death bed that she didn't want me to stop drinking, just to stop being excessive. Told me she wanted me to enjoy life. Obviously AL wasn't a problem for her but I don't think I can just enjoy a couple. Sorry for the ramble - just saying....
                    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi cantbelieve...you must be feeling a whole mix of emotions....first being Af for less than one week, there are so many ups and downs just from that but then all of the pain of losing your mom that you probably never really dealt with in the proper way if you used AL....please don't be ashamed to say that you used it. heck, my dad died almost 30 years ago at Christmas and this will be the first time I'll face it without alcohol....and I was feeling odd about that....your pain is much more fresh and I feel for you. I think that you need to focus on her comment that she wanted you to enjoy life rather tan on the one that she didn't want you to stop drinking. You know in your heart that you have a much better shot at enjoying life if you're not drinking.

I'm thinking lots about the upcoming holidays....it' scary to face them without drinking. But when I really REALLY think about it, for a very long time, it's only taken away from my quality of life. I've made holiday meals that turned out so-so that should have been fabulous. I've ended up exhausted and sick after the holidays from overdoing everything, including alcohol...I've spent many a Christmas morning hung over watching my child open gifts...

And Halloween is a huge party around my house. I really think though that once I make it through a holiday, I'll see that it's better than I ever imagined it could be...and if you do the same and feel proud of yourself and healthy and happy, your mom will be proud and happy too watching over you. :l

Lav, it's overcast herebut no wind...

Byrdie, that's great news. I'm glad that's over for you both and that things went well. :h
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav -- I intend to be here on December 20th to party like crazy for 1000 days....that is a lot of zeros worthy of a big old partaaaayyy.

I Can't Believe -- My dad passed away about 15 years ago right after Christmas on the 29th, and it feels like yesterday. He too was a victim of cancer, so I understand your feelings. I think it is normal to feel her pain as well. But she wanted you to be happy too (probably more than anything). Hang in there and let us know if you need help.

I have been worrying about Christmas too. The parties and social obligations. I know I am going to need a good plan. We are all going to have to put our heads together for this one. I even thought about saying I had a kidney infection or something dumb like that, but I can't tell that kind of lie. But I am not sure about the truth either. And I don't think people will understand my mantra -- "I don't like the way it makes me feel any more!!". Tuff...enough said...right??? Oh yeah and the Christmas Day Hangover..:eeew:.Who wants that???

Byrdie -- Thanks for checking in and updating us...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Struggling, Struggling, Struggling. I have been off the Topa for about 6 weeks and am finding it a struggle to stay AF. As a matter a fact I have failed miserably.
                          Last night i drank 2 beers. If I were going for moderation that would be okay but I need to be 100% AF.
                          My days are great as I have never drank during the day but by 6:00 in the evening I want to have wine and it's hard to ignore that strong pull.

I re-ordered the Topa but it takes about 6 to 8 weeks for it to get here. I only took 50mg a day but it did seem to help so I guess I will try it again and hope I can do better.

I am working out really hard but the alcohol adds too many calories. Even just a couple drinks a week adds useless calories which I don't need.

Take care everyone and I will check in later.
                          :hitme:
                          Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi, so sorry you are struggling!
                            What else can you do while you wait for your Topomax to arrive? Get yourself busy doing something during the witching hour to keep your mind off of AL.

CantBelieve, I lost my Mom 25 years ago, still think about her everyday. But I focus on the good memories, the things she taught me, the unconditional love she always showed me
                            If you can put yourself into that kind of thinking it would help you a lot!

lolab, I worried like hell about the holidays when I quit but they turned out jst fine ~ better than ever actually You just need to firm up your commitment to remain AF & don't take any BS from other people. Tell them the truth.....you just feel better when you don't drink & then change the subject or walk away. We don't owe anyone an explanation for not drinking!!!!

windy, social obligations don't have to be alcohol driven, believe it or not
                            Just get yourself determined to remain AF before you go out & plan to leave early if necessary - that's what I do!

We will have a hangover-free holiday season
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everone, Just catching up on all your posts. It has been one very busy thread. Byrdie, So pleased ubs is OK! Cant Believe, I have lost both parents and think of them daily. My dad to Cancer my mum sudden heart failure. Think of the good times and the way our parents shaped our lives and made who we are. I AM sighning off for a few days. Going camping where I wont have Computor access. Good Luck everyone for the Weekend ahead. I will check in Monday

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back to the drawing board. Damn it, have to change that signature again. Can't even think of an excuse.
                                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X