X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

The Nest is comfy, I like it here

Hi Everyone,

Woke up feeling well rested, and not in a state of panic and anxiety. What a great feeling.

Windy - I believe your post about honesty was in response to my thread "Coming Clean" where I laid out the details my relapse. I truly do agree with you, if we lie to ourselves, we will get NOWHERE. At the end of the day, we need to look at ourselves honestly, no matter how hard it is...and believe me, it IS hard...but it gets easier. You asked for some of the tools I use...well, lately my biggest one is Antabuse, but I found that wasn't enough by itself. I stopped reading, learning and growing. I got over confident. I convinced myself I didn't have a problem. So back to the drawing board. I ordered Jason Vales book, I'm back on Antabuse, and I'm being completely HONEST and not letting myself forget what a mess I am when I drink. And I mean a MESS, and not a hot one either! :H But my best tool is definitely MWO!

Prairie - Boy can I relate to reaching out for the phone, or computer the morning after to see who I talked to or texted, and then cringing when it all started coming back. Or remembering how I drove to the store after 10 beers because I "needed" more. I've had enough "morning after" anxiety to last me a lifetime. I'm glad to read that your tools are on the way. I too am still waiting for Jason Vale's book...but in the meantime, there are lots of other good books that your local library may have, have you checked into that? Also there are a lot of good DVD's on the subject, if you search your library catalog and type in "alcoholic", you'd be suprised how much information comes up...and not all "clinical" type stuff either.

I hope everyone has a great day...stay strong, and stick close...we can do this together.

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters, so glad to see everyone! All it takes is a couple/three AF days and those low hanging heads will start to tilt up to the Heavens with an eye on the goal! It doesn't take long to get your mojo back and the longer you go, the better you feel until one day, you just 'get it'. Oh yeah...maybe it IS the AL after all? Kicking my ass, making me look like a fool, costing me my health and generally making me feel like 10 miles of bad road.....maybe if I stop drinking......and *BING* there it it! By gosh it IS the AL!!!! And then what do we do when we feel so good??? Yep. DRINK! Now that's the little bug we have to get out of the equation. Once you realize that you feel good because you aren't drinking and then you continue to not drink the good feelings continue!!! It's that simple! (I think I'm the only one that got that, but I hope you see what I mean). You don't have to test the waters any more! IT'S the ALCOHOL that's making you feel like hell! As Greg would say, did I mention it's the Alcohol? ehehe.
      Hubs is doing great. He is mighty sore down there, he is convinced that they held his arms down and put one leg behind his neck...(what a visual). But his spirits are lifting and he is drinking lots of water and is able to control his bladder and for that he is so grateful. I really appreciate the good wishes and prayers too. More than you know. What would I do without a little help from my friends? Thank you. Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:argh:I am in trouble. My drinking is out of control and I need help.
        :hitme:
        Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mimi,
          What's going on? Let us know so we can help
          :h
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just nestling back into the nest. It does feel cosy.
            Thanks to all kind words. Lav, you're right, I do need to commit, so doing just that. Byrdie, I loved your post but most of all happy to hear hubs is ok. Windy - you say just the right things re starting over - thank you.
            Again, I count tomorrow as day one as me and AL went into early hours. But back and going to reconnect with Jason. I did stop reading as "life" got in the way and thought I'd got the little bugger licked. Ahah, not yet, but tomorrows another day. Intend to live it. Have a good night/day my new nestee friends. Good wishes to all x
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

If you are making a list, please add lounging pants. They can be pink, or something to match the nest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

PINK????

What color is the nest? I must get some pink lounge pants and a matching sweatshirt. It will be my shield against AL. We should all get pink lounge pants and matching sweatshirts (even the guys). We can wear them as our badge of honor.

Great idea Tx Ellen.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ah....Miss Byrd...so glad to hear all went well with the surgery for Mr. Byrd. How wonderful it is that you are there for him....completely!
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Liking the pink lounge pant thang

Comment

Newbies Nest

CantbelieveImstillatit- I will count tomorrow as day 1 also. That way we can get to our 30 days AF together.:yougo::chute:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi Nesters - welcometo the new/old additions...K9 I remember seeing your posts for awhile and I respect that you were able to turn things around to positive again...:-)

I'm so sorry for those struggling and those who have stumbled -

I'm feeling ok! Just a little on the less than energetic side? Wish I could put on those pink lounge pants and snuggle in for the evening but have to run my boy out at 7 and pick up at 9! and it's so cold and windy and damp. ew.

I will talk find time tomorrow to make a better post.
                        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi, It's a date! Together we shall beat this thing. I really want to rack those days up this time :danthin:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
                            Just another quick check in before work.....I have just 1 more week until I start my new job.....yey
                            I am still keeping really busy, I just wish I could have a couple more hours during the day to get things done but at least it give me things to do the next day.
                            I have my first tee ball game of the season tomorrow well not me but the team that I coach....lol I will let you know how it goes.
                            Take care everyone
                            Ronnie
                            xx
                            :dancin: enguin:
                            starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Think me silly if you must but I bought pink lounge pants. What a great reminder to stay af and to think of all your support. I do just fine in the day but evening is a struggle so the pink lounge pant idea really inspired me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Looks like tomorrow is a big day for Mimi & CantBelieve!
                                I'm happy to hear that & I wish you both the best
                                Do yourselves a huge favor & dump any AL left in the house & vow you will noy buy more. That's what I did to get started & it worked! Please do the same. Make plans now for what you are going to do during your usual drinking hours - don't leave it to chance. Always safest to be prepared

Ronnie, bet you're looking forward to that new job!

Hello to everyone else. I'm out of steam, have put in a full day including watching my grandsons for a couple og hours tonight

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nesy ~ use the Nest belts!!!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X