Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the post Byrdie, wise words. I'm kicking myself because I had a few beers today (I don't even like beer but my husband has gone away for a few days and he left them in the fridge). Nothing left in the house and I don't have a car, so it should give me a few days to get back on track tomorrow. I will beat this thing.
    AL free since 24 October 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
      Well the begining of another week, I am going to make sure that this week is as good as last week, although my energy is going down some what but it will soon pop up again. I just have to learn that I am not super woman :H
      I love the fact that I can wake up in the mornings and my head is clear and that I am not going straight to the medicine cupboard for some pain killers.
      I love the fact that my hubbie and family now respect me.
      And this is from only being 15 days A/F I cant wait to see what else I can achieve .........
      Well id better go and get my boys out of thier pit ready for school.
      Hope you all have a wonderful day
      :l Ronnie :l
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Quiet around here today - hope everyone is OK & enjoying some nice weather

Had a super busy but good day myself!
        ronnie, plan on having a good week - no reason why you shouldn't

Wishing everyone a safe night.day in the Nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey lav I'm here but too pooped to say much plus it's hard to type on this phone.
          Busy today too! Started off with a headache - that p'd me off! I didn't even do anything to deserve it! Lol
          It lifted by noon time tho and I did ok
          Big week this week - as by the end of the day Tuesday I will have completed 30 days af
          Oh dear my poor eyes are closing on me!
          goodnight everyone. I hope everyone did well this weekend
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to all you wonderful nesters,

Windy- I got the pink (with white polka dots) lounge pants at Old Navy and the bracelet at JC Penny's.
            Byrd-your posts are always Inspiring,,,,,,,,,,
            Turnagain- Take it easy and let yourself heal.
            Welcome Nollie:welcome:
            Ronnie- 15 days? :goodjob:
            Cantbelieve-Is this day 3 or 4 for us...:thumbs:
            Hi to K9, lavande, TxEllen, and anyone else I missed.
            :hitme:
            Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mimi, it seems like just yesterday that I was at day3 or 4 and tomorrow will be my 30th - honest! So hang in there - things get easier and easie and soon you'll be at 30 - stay strong!

Ronnie, I can relate so much to the wanting to do it all! Our sober eyes are seeing all the things we did half - a$$ed while drinking! I tend to wear myself out too...:--)

Nollie, welcome to the nest - get through these next few days with no alcohol and no car and you'll have a good start.

Hi Lav = glad those doggies found their way home...:H

Windy, I never saw liquid valerian - I have bought the capsules and returned them to the store...I couldn't even have them in my bedroom as the smell was so offensive to me! LOL.

ellen, I know that bipolar is complicated and very difficult for most of us to understand. I wish you the best and have confidence that you'll figure it all out. :l

K9 - a day of reading sounds heavenly...

Daisy, Byrdie, can'tbelieve, mamabear, turnagain, greg? I hope everyone had a great weekend...:h
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Overslept a bit this morning - oops

lolab, I'm so happy for you as you approach your 30 AF days
                It's an amazing feeling, isn't it?

Mimi, glad you enjoyed shopping for your sobriety reminders - whatever it takes, right?

Hello to everyone & wishing you all a great AF Monday!
                Must run for now, will be back later.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday Nesters,

I hope everyone had a good weekend and accomplished their AF goals.

Lolab -- Liquid Valerian is real. Check out this web site: herb-pharm.com from the great state of Oregon. Tomorrow is a big day. Are you planning on a big party or a low profile? I feel like I've just begun and am waking up to my new, sober life and LOVIN every minute.

Can't Believe and Mimi -- You guys are rockin it. I will second what Lolab said "30 days goes by really fast". Hang in there and let us know how it is going.
                  Mimi -- Thanks for the tip on Old Navy. I will check it out. But the pokadots (with pink) is really pushing it for me. I am more the Tom Boy type.

Lav -- You have given me so much. Thank you!

Where's Greg?

Byrdie -- Hi. How is your husband feeling? Has it been a long week for you?

Ronnie -- Good job. It's so nice to hear the "Happiness" in your post. Waking up and being sober for awhile really does feel different, even after just a few days. Imagine what 100 days could feel like?

I have to be vigilant in my everyday acknowledgement that I am not a normal drinker. I have thoughts that I could probably handle a glass of wine here and there. Aaccepting that I am a problem drinker is difficult, but when I look back at my behavior, I have to be honest with myself. THAT WAS NOT NORMAL.

Have a marvelous Monday all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Windy,

Glad to see you. Believe it or not, NOT drinking becomes a habit after a while
                    Hope we have lots of Nesters checking in today. I may have to go out & recruit more newbies :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi everyone, i am starting on the 30 day af challenge and today is my day one, shuffle up and make room for me in the nest please cos i will be here a LOT!
                      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

Well I'm still AF, but gave in on the dang cigarettes...AAARRRGGGHHH. So here I go AGAIN on that.

Hope everyone is doing well today...will check in later.

:h
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Twig-huggers! Happy Monday! Happy to see so much success in the nest...weekends are tricky business, I'm glad we made it thru. I went shopping yesterday and happened to think in the old days this would not have been possible because I started drinking at 10:30 a.m. on weekends! And I passed an Old Navy too, dang it, I will have to go back and get me some pink pants.
                          Mr. Byrd is doing great! He did a 2 mile walk this morning. I just pray that this does the job with no other side effects! Thanks for keeping him in your prayers, you all are the best!
                          I started my Christmas shopping yesterday!!!! 8 weeks from tomorrow!!! ARRRRRGGG! This will be my first sober one in...25 years? Oy. How much time I wasted being wasted....
                          MindPeace to everyone today. Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new here

Hi everyone,
                            Today is my first day of quitting drinking, again. I have tried in the past to no avail. As I have read on this site, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. My DH and I hosted a party this weekend. Of course, I drank way too much and as the last guest left I ran upstairs and promptly expelled it all into the toilet, again. My DH is sick and tired of my being sick and tired as well. I really want to live a life where my mind is clear. I want my energy back. I want to feel happy again. I do remember what that feels like and I want it back. It is a blessing, I think, that I found this site. I think it will provide me with the help and support I need. I have already started making lists of my "plan of attack". I am hopeful but afraid. I don't even want to tell my DH what I am doing. He's heard it all before. There is such wonderful information on this site that I have never had before. I hope it makes all the difference.:thanks:
                            Mightymite
                            "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:Mighty Mite

You are in for a great experience. This site has so much valuable information in just one place it is truly amazing. Read as much as you can, whenever you can. It has made a huge difference for me and I am sure it will for you too.

This place is also my sanctuary and I do not let family members know what a priceless and wonderful tool I have found. They just think I am winging it. ha ha.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you're back Mauri - what's your plan?

K9 - two quits at once is too much, IMO.
                                Give it a bit of time then try again to quit smoking. I managed it but with great difficulty
                                I found myself smoking way, way too much after I went AF - that's what prompted me to quit

Byrdie, I'm thinking about Christmas shopping but haven't done much. I have some things put away for the grandkids but that's it. Good for you getting out there! So glad to hear Mr B is doing well.

Hello & welcome to mightymite!
                                Glad you found the nest, this is a good place to get started. Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Health store here. It has a lot of info about the program. Also, here's a link for the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html which is full of good ideas to help you get that plan together. Work up a serious commitment & a good plan & you will reach your goal.

Still have lots of work to do so I'll get to it
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X