X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sorry I just looked at the cover and it's KICK the drink...easily
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

hola nesters...

One of the lines that really sticks with me from the MWO book is:

"You can't turn a pickle back into a cucumber."

For me...once I finally accepted that I was pickled...well I realized there was only one option if I was going to have a life again.

I no longer drink. I accept that alcohol is poison and my body can't tolerate it. Not even one sip. It's that simple.....and it's mind-blowing how liberating it is.

Once I took drinking off the table...everything became so much easier. I meditate...( or at least try to!) I visualize....if I've got a potential outing that I know will be laden with trigger points and temptations...I imagine myself sailing through with confidence and without craving or self-pity. When trigger points or temptations come from out of the blue...I just put something else in my mind. I don't have time to entertain..."why nots, WTF or I deserve it" moments. Buh bye...my brain cells are too precious.

Flex those mind muscles! Every day you heal a little more. AF life is maaaaaarvelous!
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice one Turnagain
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning nesters i am on day 3 of the 30 day plan and feeling strong, how is everyone today? I have to admit to having started my christmas shopping too, i don't normally but I just felt the urge this year LOL
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & happy hump day

Waiting for the sun to rise ~ rather cloudy.

Turnagain, you can be the official nest cheerleader :cheering::cheering:
            I'm happy that you are feeling so good!

ImHereNow, a trip to the UK for the holidays sounds fabulous! Get some good AF time before then & strengthen up your resolve with a good plan before yuo go

Greetings lolab & CantBelieve!

mauri, grat on your 3 AF days, stay strong & commited

Wishing everyone a terrific AF day. I have lots to do today & grateful to be clear headed & ready to go!!!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav just back from shopping and had some lovely jasmine tea at a moroccan tea shop and a lovely chat with my friend - just shows I CAN have fun without getting drunk!
              Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning - I survived my 30 day party last night - it was great with all my new sober friends...:H

the pink pants won't do a thing for me unless I wear them all day long! so I would have to go the route of the bracelet or a ring or something. Hey Ellen, didn't you start this pink pants thing? Where are you? Are you doing ok?

turnagain - great post - it works for me....my brain is so scattered half the time anyway - my thoughts jump from one thing to the next faster than I want them to. I walk into another room and by the time I get there? I've forgotten what it was I was after.... so I'm totally using that when alcohol thoughts pop up....just start doing something...maybe a couple of things at once....make a phone call I've been putting off, or check on the laundry...it doesn't have to be a big project - usually it's long enough to knock that thought out of my head...In the very early days, the thought keeps knocking....but day by day, it loses energy and stays away for longer and longer periods of time.....

Byrdie, I've picked up a few "little" things for the holidays while I'm out picking up other stuff, but nothing major yet. I think I will be a bit more on the ball this year tho, with my clear(er) head...:H

Hey Mauri, - glad you had a good day!

I hate hate hate spending too much time on the computer and I have really struggled with spending so much time reading and posting on MWO but I know how important it is for ME to keep reading the inspiration from everyone here....Most of it, I've heard before in one form or another, but it surprises me how many times, I'll read someone's words and they will strike a chord with me - and it firms up my dedication. I KNOW that alcohol ruins your body and your mind and your spirit...but when I read about someone who is personally feeling the effects of that it breaks my heart and makes it all very REAL rather than just words on paper or computer screen...and when I read about the triumphs and the happiness and grounded-ness (not a word?) that comes from not burying our heads in the sad anymore - in someone's real words, it's a milllion times more meaningful than a book that tells you how you WILL feel....

I know, I'm on an AF high right now...but it's better than a low, right? :h
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

- like Byrdie says sing Twinkle Twinkle or recite the 7 dwarfs or dwarves...LOL...loved that post.
                  ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great Day Nestafarians!

About to run out the door for the 200 mile trek to BFE, Florida to have Chapter Two hoisted back into the deep blue.

My google calander just sent me an email reminding me today was Day 100. Wow....it has been SO long since I had any kind of stretch of sobriety like that.

Several weeks ago it was suggested that I remove my "I'm New Here" signature, but I didn't dare - I felt like I had to maintain that "just starting out" attitude and that every day was going to be rife with challenges.

Of course, I had a big scare last Friday, but I did promise myself that when I made it to 100 days, I would remove the tag. So now, I will simply be Cap'n G.

(or the Artist Formerly Known as I'm New Here)

Congrats LoLab - You are really doing great - Da Nest is Beamin!

I have a lot of catching up to do here, but it will have to keep for now. Gotta run! Will try and look in later if I'm not too whipped!

Be Strong Nesters!
                    -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wd: CONGRATS ON 100 AF DAYS CAP'N G :wd:

I'm very happy for you & good luck today with Chapter Two
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whoop Whoop Cap'n!

:banana:

Full steam ahead, matey!

:wave:
                        Sober for the Revolution!
                        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cap'n G

Amazing -- 100 DAYS....AND....Triple digits for you

You are officially my hero!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

I officially have pink lounge pants with white polka dots too!

I hate hate hate spending too much time on the computer and I have really struggled with spending so much time reading and posting on MWO but I know how important it is for ME to keep reading the inspiration from everyone here....Most of it, I've heard before in one form or another, but it surprises me how many times, I'll read someone's words and they will strike a chord with me - and it firms up my dedication. I KNOW that alcohol ruins your body and your mind and your spirit...but when I read about someone who is personally feeling the effects of that it breaks my heart and makes it all very REAL rather than just words on paper or computer screen...and when I read about the triumphs and the happiness and grounded-ness (not a word?) that comes from not burying our heads in the sad anymore - in someone's real words, it's a milllion times more meaningful than a book that tells you how you WILL feel....
                            Lolab -- This really was a great post...I know I couldn't have said it better myself. You truly hit what I have been struggling with, in regards to too much time on the computer lately. I have decided it is time well spent and eventually the need will lessen.

Comment

Newbies Nest

CAPT G! Well done, sir, on 100 days! I remember when you were just a lil pirate navagating these rough waters...how you walked the plank after just 12 days, ( I think it was...do I get too involved with people's lives????) But ye have been on the Straight 'N Narrow eva since. Plus you've been a star example for others, I am very proud to know you. Here's to 100 more! Arrrr! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab & windy - I don't feel any guilt whatsoever :H :H

I'm in front of 2-3 computers all day long & into the evening for my home based biz so checking in here 1 or 100 times per day is perfectly OK for me
                                I think it has helped me stay focused & I sure have made a lot of great friends here
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X