Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav, Guilt I do very well....Another issue to work on. Probably do many things because I feel some guilt associated with it. Any good books out there to get over guilt???

I wish I could make some $$$ on this thing. Any good ideas???

Speaking of $$$, just found out someone tried to spend $15,000, on my personal visa card, using all the right numbers and spelling my name correct, which is spelled very weird. I guess someone is trying to make money using the internet and it's not me. All I do is spend it. I feel violated.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congradulations on 100 days Capt G. I want to make that goal too.

I just changed my user name because I know I will be inviting friends to check out this site and I just think in the long term its best I say what I want without any conflict of interest down the road.

I still can't believe I stumbled onto this site, and the way it happened I think someone is watching out for me. This site is the addiction I need.

Without any advice to do so, I decided its time to go to my doctor and ask for some medication to help with my drinking problem. He prescribes campral. So on day 2 I research campral and come across MWO right away.... I have surfed drinking on-line before but never came to this site....now, first thing I do is open the forum a browse what's new....its keeping me going.

One of the first replies I got was to check out the tool box for help. I looked all over the site looking for a tool box but never found it. Today I was reading over the replies I received and there was the tools box high lited in blue....duh, click on it dummy, so i did, that was 5 hours ago and I am amazed with the advice on that forum.

To get rid of the hangover I drank to get drunk every day and did my best to hide it.....now I am totally open looking at day 10.....next goal is day 30.

So new comers, the only advice I have for you so far is to stay in tune with MWO and defiantly check out the tool box to help you build a plan...this site is pumping me up and making sense...I relate to it all...I am addicted to MWO.

My first plan.
      goal 1 - 5 days, goal 2 - 10 days, goal 3-30 days, goal 4-60 days, goal 5-100 days
      campral
      MWO
      look my wife in the eye every day after work a to confirm I did not drink.
      take a family member with me when ever I go on errands.

Its a dinky start and is working but after reading my tool box I realize I have some plan building to do.

Thanks MWO and good luck to all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sounds like a grea start noal! welcome.

Greg I am so happy for you - congratulations on 100 days and on your upcoming Chapter 2 launch! Or hoist? sorry sailing terminology isn't my thing :H

Windy, that is very scary - I hope you get that theft straightened out FAST!

Hey, what day is it today????? Windy has 30 days today!

:banana::day5::day4::applaud: Congratulations to Cap'n G and Windy~!!
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

awsome;1197963 wrote: new guy here, UK based, functioning but dependent.

25+ units a day beer/liquor for the last 6-7 years easy
          have cut out the liquor 3 days ago and am tapering down slowly on the lager. Plan to drop to 0 in 2 weeks.

I feel like if I don't manage this I will die...
          home from work late, on pint 6 now, not happy about that at all.

still no spirits...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awsome...Why not stop at the 6 and see how it goes? Tomorrow, 5 and so on? Sorry to say, that alcohol is alcohol, no matter how it's delivered. I came here wanting to stop drinking vodka...so I did, but I switched to wine. (vodka with a mustache) It wasn't long before I was abusing that, too. Less is more when you are tapering down. Stop where you are, and see how it goes. You won't be sorry. I promise you won't wake up tomorrow slapping your head saying, Dam, wish I have drunk just one more!! Cutting down is HARD. Believe it or not, quitting is easier than tapering, in my opinion. (and I did both many times until it finally stuck). Cut yourself off, and get your mind on something else....Let us know! Check in often!! Read all you can! I found it helpful to 'bond' to someone who 'sounded' like me. Maybe you have a buddy on here who is tapering off, too. Maybe if you throw a quit date out there, someone who is lurking will take you up on the challenge! Having a quit parnter really helped me. I was determined, if she could find the strength to do it, so could I. Keep your mind occupied and try not to dwell on what you can't have. You can do this. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Windy!! I forgot to give you props, Girl!!! I am most proud of you!!! I could just BUST! You hang in there with us, we won't steer you wrong!!
              Where's TX Ellen? I'm getting worried....Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok - the CD's are here. I've started with my plans. If I don't do this soon, I'm going to ruin the best things in my life. I've been ready the Jason Vale book and it makes a LOT of sense.

I'm still scared. But I know that the Alcohol Brain talking. Trying to figure out if I need to titre down - or just go cold. Scared about going cold.
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Windy! 30 days is a great start. Life is good when you are AF. Congratulations!
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

today

Not going to drink today

congrats all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Windy for 30 days, WOW so many people hear are doing really well it is so good to see and it helps me to keep going.
                      100 days WOW CapnG you must be beaming from ear to ear well done.
                      Well it is my last day at my job today then I start my new job on Monday. Usually when people leave they get them a bottle of booze....so I will just have to wait and see what and IF I get the booze, but dont worry I am not going to open it, I just hope also that they dont get the beers out at the end of the day but once again I already have my excuses ready and waiting....lol
                      I just love the way I feel at the moment and I am not going to let the booze spoil this feeling.....NO WAY.....
                      Well I am going to get myself a nice cupa will I wait for my boys to get ready for school.
                      Hope you all have a fab day (I know I will....lol)
                      Ronnie
                      xxxx
                      :dancin: enguin:
                      starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya all,

Well I FINALLY managed my first AF day yesterday for so so long... I feel really pleased but have woken up feeling like shite.. low grade headache, sweating, BP feeling a bit high. I knew from previous times that it takes a while to feel good but whoa, don't remember feeling this bad last time. I'm not letting it put me off and guess now I'm on day 2!!

Another motivation is hearing that Amy Winehouse did in fact die of alcohol poisoning... its bad stuff

Take Care
                        Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrice, you just stick out these rough spots and you will be so glad you did. When I heard about the Amy Winehouse cause of death, I thought that could just as easily have been me. I honestly think throwing up may have saved my life a few times, my body trying so hard to get rid of the poison I had put into it....that's sad to say. So keep yourself busy...or better yet...set out to finding yourself the most wonderful cookie you can get your hands on. It is great incentive and gives your mind something to do. Hang in there girl, I promise every day you put between you and alcohol is a BIG WIN!! We are standing right there with you!! Grab a wing if you need to! keep busy....Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check-in. My laptop still out of action so not as easy to get online. Back painting this week. We have to have the job finished tomorrow as carpets are being laid on Friday - pressure is on!
                            Patrice, good on you pushing into Day 2!
                            LolaB, 30 days - great! And Cap'n G - 100 days - Brilliant!
                            Hi to all the Newbies and regulars! Hopefully get a chance to pop in over next couple of days.........
                            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Article in Vogue

Interesting reading . . .http://www.moderation.org/press/Vogue2011MD-MMStory.pdf published in Vogue in April; another newbie who thought she could moderate. I'm still learning. I can't honestly say that I will never drink again - I will say that I will always come back and I will have control over this. :new:
                              I'm not drinking today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all,

Prarie Fairy, how much are you drinking a day now? If it's a matter of a couple glasses of wine then you should have no problem. But if your body is used to consuming a lot more then you should gradually decrease a little each day until you are way down. You have to do this safely so please seek medical attention if you think you are going to need it. Sometimes an Rx from your doc is called for to detox safely.

I'mHereNow - great thinking, do the same tomorrow

patrice, I am very happy to hear you have jumped on the wagon with us. Stay in the nest, we have nest belts

awsome, how about stopping the pints now? You've had 6, tomorrow reduce to 5.

windy, very happy for you reaching your 30 day AF milestone

Byrdie, hope you are well, ronnie & Turnagain too!

Daisy, hello to you too!

Going to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X