Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wow prairie that stinks ! Well maybe Its so that you can have a brand new look to go along with your new and improved af life! You're doing great...
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am sitting here - fighting it off. Just took the glutamine plus the aminos - waiting for the BF to get home so I can go to sleep and make it onward...Have on the hypno day cd's plus some hot tea.

But yes - that is some FRIED extremely short hair I have now. And because she did the highlights 2x - she gave me a lot more - so now I went from natural almost black brunette to a darn near platinum with a few brunette under pieces pixie. I keep looking in the middle wondering WTH is that?!
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I mean for the BF to get home so I can talk on the phone. Right now - it's me and the cat. :-)
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Going to sleep now - but was determined to stay awake until I was officially into Day 4!!!!

Yay Patrice - we made Day 4!!!!

Despite my freaky hair. :-). Driving past the wine shop on the way home from the Salon was a close one. But it ended well - so onward. And off to a long stay in the land of Nod.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Nesters --

Patrice and Prairie -- You did it....Now keep doing it. I think the early days are the hardest because the cravings are worse, so if you can fight the cravings and win, they will lessen as times goes by. I noticed that about at the two-week stage I did not have the cravings every night. I still have them, but not as bad as those first few days. Don't give in to them and you will feel wonderful.

Davinabenet147 -- First of all --:welcome: I have just finished 30 days AF and have a long way to go to feel out of the woods. I have found this thread to be very important for my success. I started drinking at an early age and noticed a problem about 10 years ago. I am now just starting to get a handle on it. Now tell us something about yourself..Pleeese..... Maybe you can start with explaining your user name????. For the longest time I thought Lola B was LoLab, until wise one Byrdie asked about it.

Have a wonderful day/evening Nesters.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Goodness - I'm sitting here watching rain turn into snow over my portion of the Nest. This is rare weather for my area

Prarie & Patrice - I'm very happy for both of you. Great you are helping keep each other strong

Hello & welcome Davin!
              We all have varying amounts of AF time here. We just keep moving forward one day at a time!
              Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Health store here on the website. What's your plan?

windy, not exactly sure where you are located - are you seeing snow as well????

Better go check on my chickens, they are not fans of this weather. They youngest 4 are only 6 months old & have never seen snow before. Won't they be surprised??

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Saturday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav -- SNOW....For once we are not expected to be in the tract of this system. I am in upstate NY and usually we get slammed. Last year I think it was something like 130" (give or take). I am so glad we are not getting this -- my trees would really be stressed and stretched from the weight. I hope you guys are okay. This kind of snow tends to be very heavy and slippery. I did wake up to a dusting yesterday morning though. Hunker down and make some hearty soup and BREAD.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
                  Hope we are all doing well, Can anyone tell me how you can report spam on this thread as I think we have a spammer who has recently joined us........
                  Once again I am having a really busy weekend but I am loving it but this time I dont plan on over doing it as I want to be bright eye for my new job on Monday, I fell like a child just about to start her first day at school....lol
                  Well hubbie has just put the kettle on (rare occassion....lol) so I am going to enjoy a nice cuppa
                  Take care all
                  ronnie
                  xxx
                  :dancin: enguin:
                  starting over

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everybody!

First - I wanted to thank Lolab - your comment last night about a new look with a new life - I read it in the parking lot of the Mexican place next to the wine shop - when I was waffling. And I thought to myself - ok - point taken. Started up the car and went home.

Thanks Birdie, Ronnie and Windy for being here all the time - at least all "my" time - where I was trying to decide if I was ready, building a plan, and lurking a lot.

And Patrice - I am glad to have a Day 4 buddy. I have a party I have to go to tonight - so I am going to be taking my supplements like a fiend and playing my daytime hypno while I clean/drive over.

Making a day 5 would be the first time in almost a year and a half. And that was a concerted effort. So - here's to Day 4. Onward.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh missed two more in particular - thank you Lav and K-9! (K-9 your follow-on the phone/text the next day on the other thread helped - I didn't feel so alone.)

If it wasn't for the support/suggestions in the Nest as a unit - I wouldn't be on Day 4.

Thank you all - as a whole. :-)
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H Windy - you read my mind!
                        I have just made a bog pot of leek/potato soup (vegan style) & I have whole wheat bread rising in the oven. If this turns out to be a long than normal winter I'm going to end up looking like a cow :H
                        When I was a kid my aunt & uncle lived in South Glens Falls & I remember seeing pictures of their winters. I loved visiting there in the summer

ronnie, glad you are feeling good
                        I'm not sure but you may want to try sending a PM to Forum Moderator about the spammer. Usually if you ignore them they just go away on their own ~ idiots.

PF, I'm happy to hear you got the help you needed last night ~ that's what this forum is all about
                        Make sure you have an early exit strategy in case things get too intense at the party tonight - protect your quit at all costs
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday!

Prairie, I'm so glad that you were able to get through that day 4~:goodjob: I am so very impressed by all the wonderful tools that you're putting to use! I do think you're very determined. And I say if you're going really short? You should go really blonde...I bet after you get over the initlal shock - it looks pretty cool...:-)

I'd love to do some baking but my main oven is awaiting a new control board...so everybody have hunk of warm bread for me, OK?

I'll check back later...
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav -

Good idea. I think the exit strategy is that it's an hour 10 minute drive home by myself and I am still tired from being sick earlier in the week. So, yawn- can't stay another minute or I might fall asleep on the drive home.

Thanks for helping me realize I might need one! :-)
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

My pleasure PF
                              Drive carefully!!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab - I picked up a jar of pumpkin butter last week at a nearby orchard 'store'.
                                Can't wait to finally try it on some whole wheat bread which is coming out of the oven in 12 minutes
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X