Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, I haven't been posting and haven't been AF since life got so crazy. My husband is getting better, so that is a blessing. We lost a family member and my husbands father was in the hospital and we thought he would not make it, but he is better as well. I need to pull it together again. I will post again once I do. I am finally ordering the Jason Vale book! I see alot of people do some amazing things here. Congrats!

Byrdie, I have been praying for your husband and hope he is doing well. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrice and PF...I am so proud of you two!! 4 Days is Big, Big, Big! Next goal...day 7. It's big because then you have conquered every day of the week. Getting to Magic Day #13 will be a very good day...this is when something seems to click and you realize this is something you CAN do! It's not impossible! It was sure that way for me, and I think many others can say that right around that mark, things come closer into focus...and it's all good!
      Windy, I am just beaming with joy for you! You are now taking the reigns and showing the way...you will find that helping others helps you...so it's important to give back...I think anyway.
      All this talk of bread has be wanting to go make something rise! (the scale!!)
      Remember new nesters....if you got thru the last hour, you can get thru the next one...you will not be sorry!
      MindPeace to all, Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Actually Byrdie - if I make it through tonight and tomorrow night - it will be the longest I have been AL free in 18 years- give or take. :-). So every day after that is a new beginning with no prececedant in virtually forever. :-)
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

4me, good to see you!
          You ceratainly have had some trials & tribulations. Hope you can focus on yourself now & do what isa best for you ;

PF - you really do have every reason to keep your quit going, don't you????
          Make it happen!!!!

Byrdie, how is your husband doing?
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav! Hubs is doing very well. He's still black and blue down there, and sore still, but his spirits are the highest they've been in months since the whole ordeal started. He has had very few side effects so far. Thanks all, for asking. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's good news Byrdie....
              hope you are well too!!

I'm happy to report that the snowstorm fizzled out - only have a coating out there. Those north of me are getting hit much harder. Ridiculous this time of year. The leaves have just started changing color - late this year due to the extremely rainy August & September we had here. The trees are loaded with still green leaves - who needs snow?
              Have to run out & say goodnight to the chickens

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya girls,

Praire, my dear, you are now 4 days ahead of me.Alas I slipped up last night - not majorly and didnt plan it ( I found a 175ml bottle of vodka nestled between shoe polish and and kitchen cleaner - ironic huh!!) Anyway, I didnt pour it out as I should have, I drank it ... then ... guess what I wanted more so walked to the corner shop and got a bottle of red.. Feeling very guilty by this stage. but then something quite baffling happened. I poured a glass, had half then poured the rest down the sink. The first time EVER I have poured alcohol out. I poured the whole bottle out.

I finally think I am learning, I feel proud ( well relatively) that I didnt want that wine.

Thank you Lav, Byrd, windy praire et al - you are leading a shining example to me and I woke up this morning with renewed vigour to be AF

xx
                Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrice - don't consider me some shining light - I haven't made it past 5 in like FOREVER and Sunday is SIN day. Nothing to do but sin sin sin. So - that's my downfall - Sunday's.

And so you start again?! You cared enough to try in the first place and starting is half the battle. Hugs!!!
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie, I hope you continue to do well....I can hear in your words how much you want this....

Patrice. I've said time and time again, I don't know if I could've done this if if alcohol were readily available...if I had found that bottle of vodka especially only a few days into the quit, I am quite sure I would've done the same thing. :-( Focus on the good thing that you did in pouring out that wine and keep moving forward.

Hiya Lav, forme and others....we only got a dusting of snow - but relatives in PA had limbs down from the weight of all the snow on trees still holding onto their leaves.

pretty low key and actually kind of boring weekend so far. I need to figure something today to spice it up a little!

Byrdie I'm so glad to hear that your hubby is doing ok and has positive spirits...just having that part over with has to be a HUGE relief! I hope you're doing well, also.
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lolab, Keep wanting to call you lilo - guess its that cool atavar.. yes have searched and searched, no more stash amongst shoe polish, nothing but bleach here now - and for sure not going down that road!!! Cant believe I did pour the red down the drain - checked the empty bottle and I actually did, not a thimbleful left...

Done day one here in Malaysia - will be a hangover free Monday and back to school ( I'm an ESL teacher here )

Stay strong all - due to the time difference I will be posting late tomorrow

xx to all
                      Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

The sun is out melting the tiny bit of snow on the ground, grateful for that!
                        Lucked out in this arera, feel sorry for those in New England

Patrice, you are going to have to face AL for the rest of your life - we all are because I don't think it's going anywhere. Drinking AL is always a decision we willingly make, no one forces us. Keep in mind, each & everytime we pick up a drink it's a result of a decision we've made.
                        Glad you didn't drink the wine as well. Dumping that out showed you thought it through.....
                        One drink, for most of us leads to another & another - at least it did for me. That's why I chose abstinence, it's just easier in the long run

lolab, Are you grateful for the light snowfall too? I hope we can get back to some nice Fall weather & actually see some leaf color

Byrdie, hope you have a great day!
                        Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I got a gift today - a girlfriend is unexpectedly going to be in town so I will not be on my own for the afternoon and dinner!!! Reduction in sin chances on my day most engrained to drink by habit! :-)!!! Day 5 underway - I make it through this - I am in uncharted waters for some 18 years...

I am not taking anything for granted.

Onward
                          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I do hope at some point I will quit sounding like the little engine that could?

Wonders...

But in the meantime, if that's what's getting me by - I am going with it.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feeling Brave

Good Morning,

I just have to finally thank each and every one of you who has been sharing your ups and downs here for the past 47 days because I can directly attribute your posts to my success at remaining sober for every single one of those days! Thank you, thank you, thank you SO MUCH!!!!

I found this site many years ago -- I believe it was way back in 2007. It helped me a bit then, but apparently I wasn?t really ready to deal with my alcohol problem at the time. Too bad for me because I just continued to get worse and worse... until now. September 19th was the last day of my old routine: a bottle or more of wine supplemented by a few generous swigs of vodka here and there, often followed by passing out in my six-year-old?s bed after mumbling and stumbling through his bedtime story. What a lovely image -- Uggh!

I can?t tell you how thrilled I am to have rediscovered this place and to finally have some relief from the addiction that has pretty much ruled my life for the past 20 or 25 years. Other than two pregnancies, this is by far the longest stretch of time I have been AL free since my early 20?s. Waking up in the morning without feeling ill, disgusted, ashamed, sad and disappointed is the best feeling in the world -- it?s like unwrapping some kind of magical present I?ve given to myself every morning!

Now I?m off to make some delectable waffles for the kiddies....

WickedMom

(Wicked as in terrific, superb, first-rate, brilliant, because that?s the kind of mother I want to be...)
                              AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay You Wicked! Great job!
                                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X