Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oh Violet...how sweet
    I think your father would be an amazing support....and you sound so strong.....good luck honey
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry for the double post...a bit technically challenged at times.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks MamaBear! I am getting there!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day Two Too (again)

Violet70;823103 wrote: Hi all!

I am still here! And strangely more confident than ever. No cravings yesterday and feeling just done with it. Just done and ready to start living my life. I think I almost needed Sunday to occur just as a reality check. I really think that the "cravings" I have been having really have been anxiety. And I have been just self medicating for a very long time. Well that is done. Gonna find another outlet. There was another thread that I think Katie started about control freaks and AL -- and that is me! So I am learning and accepting a bit more day by day here.
          Got a blue sky here in MI which is matching my hopeful mood, and if I wasn't fighting a migraine I'd be pretty damn chipper! LOL
          I am getting close to the point that I am ready to pick up the phone and call my Dad and tell him everything. I have been hiding it from him for a long time -- but I am pretty sure he has figured it out in the last year or so....he used to say - " 'Violet' --how is it in a family full of drunks you are the only one who made it out ok?" That always hurt so bad deep inside...always felt like I was lying to him. He has been sober since I was 11. So I am getting there. I know I will be there when I can make that phone call.

Hope you all are having a happy AF day and Thank you all for the continued, amazing support! You are all incredible! :thanks:

Violet
          Hi Violet - I am once again on Day 2 as well. I feel great today and resolved as you seem to be as well. Good luck -- We can do it! Coco
          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavende, congratulation on your first year AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
            Is there any one thing (that stands out) that got you here today.
            Amazing, I want to be like you when I grow up. :H
            Have a great day,
            Runningwind:l
            The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC, food poison can be the worst. I hope you and your husband are feeling better.
              runningwind
              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

fragileflower,:goodjob:
                You are in my thoughts and prayers too!
                runningwind

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear, it looks like you are putting a plan togerther:goodjob:
                  Hope you have a better day.
                  runningwind :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

mollyka, hope you have a great vacation!
                    Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.
                    runningwind

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy Chick, I admire your strength.
                      Have you ever tried Chamomile Tea? Make sure you ckeck for drug interactions (because of your supplements) but it really does calm you down.
                      runningwind

Comment

Newbies Nest

Violet70 and Coco-Nut, I think it's great how you both jumped right back on the horse:goodjob:
                        Yall,have a great day.
                        runningwind

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                          Feeling pretty good this morning.. Day 3 AF.. I bought a lottery ticket for the first time today! (in Australia).. i have decided you have to be "in it to win it".. i know the chances are slim, but what the heck! someone's got to win! it would be amazing to win even a smallish amount so I can make a better life for me and my little boy..
                          I hope everyone is doing well..
                          Katie xx
                          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                            Feeling pretty good this morning.. Day 3 AF.. I bought a lottery ticket for the first time today! (in Australia).. i have decided you have to be "in it to win it".. i know the chances are slim, but what the heck! someone's got to win! it would be amazing to win even a smallish amount so I can make a better life for me and my little boy..
                            I hope everyone is doing well..
                            Katie xx
                            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi katie,well done on day 3,im one on one not at the mo.... but drinking less all the same

Comment

Newbies Nest

Going to do this!!!

Hey folks. Booze has slowly been destroying my life over the past 3 to 4 years tho I have been drinking heavy long before that. It's just now really becoming a problem and I feel destroying my health and life. I don't have to drink every night, I actually can't. I drink one night then feel so crappy the next day I won't touch the stuff. Its only a matter of time after that tho, when I start feeling well and begin thinking its a great idea to get smashed. Rinse and repeat.

I know that I can quit drinking I just have never really wanted to. All of us can if we really want to. Now it's finally my time I believe. I really want to do this. Does anyone know of anyways to curb the cravings when they come around. I do not have any physical symptoms of withdrawl, but I know mentally I will start breaking myself down. Any help and advice is much appreciated and I am more than happy to support where I can as well. Just give me a shout.

I look forward to doing this with you guys and gals. We can do this.

Comment

Working...
                                X