Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ringing!

Tell us a bit about yourself! It is hard to say helpful stuff when we don't have a foundation to stand on?

You sound very down and angry! Is this right,or am I totally off?

You don't want that second bottle? That is why you are here, even if you are feeling down right angry at the world!

Talk, focus in on what you really want to say or ask?

Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Also, Ringing!

What type of support system do you want? What are you looking for? Do you want someone to be straight down the line and brutally honest with you..or someone who will just sit back, listen and help you to find the way gently? There are all sorts of ways, that suit different people!

But in the end, you are the one who is putting the glass to your lips...!
      You have to want to stop! ( I am no saint in this matter!)
      HOw can we help you? Pull up a Twig, get some velcro on your butt and sit tight...read,listen,post when you want to and soak in the support via osmosis if that is what it takes!
      Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

yaah.....I'm angry.....isn't that the root of it? I can't reallly tell you....I will tell you I was banned from another site for being drunk and posting my hurt...so thought I better address my drinking somewhere...I've been looking a this site for awhile....it's a complicated sitiation.....sorry to be a downer....I love your curley hair!!!!!!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want brutally honest but gently delivered

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

For documentation purposes...havent consumed the second bottle..but may still open the third.....dial up

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning RC, Brutally honest? Ok get a large drink of water, go to bed and sleep and come back here after that and you will get all the support you need, we've all been where you are and now if you are determined it'll all come right - but not with wine.
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

best scenarios .. I dont thinkk I can ex;plain it..I shouldn't be posting ... that's why I got ousted from the blaah , blah, blah, site.....no one knows wtf I'M talking about..

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

please don't open up the third bottle, and please don't drink the rest of the bottle you have open. I am new here and this is my day 1. What are you talking about??? can't you explain a bit more and then maybe we can help you...
                  I want to live life sober....not die a drunk

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice one LiverB and Welcome
                    Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Mollyka,
                      it's good to be here, I can see myself spending most of my days on here, but if it helps then what the heck!!!
                      I want to live life sober....not die a drunk

Comment

Newbies Nest

2 weeks

Hello every one,
                        I have been away for a few days at a life skills seminar called All Power and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is day 14 AF for me and I can hardly believe it. When I first landed on a spare branch of the nest I read about others who were 2 and 3 weeks AF and wondered if I could ever get there. But here I am, and it's going ok. I have accepted the fact that alcohol is poisonous to me and have stopped thinking of it as a reward for a hard day's work. I have given up using it to comfort me when I'm depressed.

I often would think about why I continually administered poison to my self when I would never consider giving a dose of poison to my animals. There's no way I would feed them something that damaged their organs, made them sick. Why did I continue to do it to myself. I don't know. Anyway I have stopped. I thought I would feel alot healthier but there's not much difference I've noticed. I do feel more in control and a bit of pride in myself. I feel confident I can do it for another week and maybe a month. That's the aim at this stage.

One thing I have concern about is a regular monthly social event that for me always meant drinking one or two bottles of wine and more if somebody brought a cask along. I talked to one of my friends about how she might not want to be around me now that I wasn't drinking and couldn't get into the usual state wqith all our mates. Her response surprised me because she said if people were unfriendly because I did't have a drink there was something wrong with them. That was really lovely and proved to me that my friends are interested in me not in how much I drink.
                        So I will put my AF date in my signature (if I can work out how) and feel good that each additional day makes me healthier and proud.

Tant
                        AF since 12 April 2010
                        Tant
                        AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Tant!! You sound so positive its great! Couple of points, I found that mentally I got much stronger very quickly but physically, I was headachey and not sleeping and a bit 'not right' for quite a while. Like I was told at the time, I had abused my body for 30 yrs, what do I expect in a few weeks? Its true and it does get better.
                          My tuppence worth, in my first weeks (and actually still I have to admit) I avoided social stuff especially with drinking mates, actually an ex drinking mates mother just died and I am truly dreading the funeral, I didn't know the lady who died but I know its going to turn into an almighty session. Already spoke with husband about it and he is coming up with the 'have to get back to work' etc excuses on my behalf. Anyway you're lucky you're friend sounds so supportive, more than I can say about most of mine, I became at best, suspicious and worst, boring to them - and dumped (thats the way it feels but hubby says the fact I've turned myself into a hermit has something to do with it!)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tant....I am so proud of you....that struck a note with me ....I would NEVER POISON my children or pets, so why would i chose to poison myself.....I like that...and I am proud of you
                            Sunni- sounds like you has a nice ride....I am so jealous....
                            Chok- hope the hangover wasn;t too bad and you are right...YOUR DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS...
                            One thing I have learned since coming here...I have lots of triggers.....grumpy hubs, working for Satan, more stress than a human should have to handle......but it is ME that choses to drink......
                            it's hard as hell to fight the impulse sometimes....but it is me....
                            ok.....enough rambling....
                            hopefully I will geta call about my job interview today....I spent all visualizing me in the desk, me opening the front door, etc....
                            LOVE YOU ALL
                            Mama
                            welcome new babies

EEEEWWWWW....just got up to get coffee and found a dead baby bunny at the foot of my bed......damn cats......Fennel....where are you when I need you!!
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

cross post Molly....you old Hermit you
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Molly and Mama,
                                It really moves me to know that you care. This site is such a fabulous part of my life and my task of staying AF.
                                Thank you
                                Tant
                                AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X