Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dancinc....keep us posted about the mammogram....I am a breast cancer survivor, so I am here if you need me.....but don't worry yet....when I had my mammo, they raced me across the hall to get a sonogram immediately.....
    Ringing cedars....you and katieB have alot in common...we are here for both of you
    Good to see you Nora
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Katie B.......i gave up smoking about 4 weeks ago and now i'm looking to give up AL.......only day 1 for me but with everyone being so positive i really think i can do it....30 days at any rate!!
      You're awesome to be doing both at the same time.....and getting healthy and fit....way to go!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lakesider!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Such a busy, busy nest

welcome NOMORE99 & lakesider! Please find yourselves a comfy twig & settle in the nest with us, this is a safe place!

I'm chugging along keeping both my quits safe & my sanity as well!
          Think I'm in for a long haul on the sanity issue.....

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hellooo again.

Welcome to our newbies Lakesider and Nomore99. If there is anything you need to ask please feel free. This site is fantastic. I have had so much help and support for just about everything I need. No-one judges anyone as we have all been where you are or somewhere similar.
            Dancing - sending you lots of cyber hugs and support for your mammogram.
            Katie - dont put too much pressure on yourself trying to give up fags as well. Take it easy and be kind to yourself.
            Hey Nora. Thanks for the welcome back even if I didnt really go anywhere! I do prefer the old me. And now I feel free again to post as I want to. My "sacred space" is back.

HC
            I finally got it!
            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav it is amazing how many times you and I cross post!
              Hope you are doing OK. Thinking of you. xx
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening the Nest!
                Just a quick one as I am tired (sober) and ready for sleep!
                I fell off my perch this weekend (as you all know)....but something has definately....altered inside..a shift that I can't explain..but alot of anger came out of me,I felt like it was almost palpable..and now I feel spent and.....ok! suprisingly ok! not even guilty or depressed or angry..or anything,other than quietly determined!
                I saw a counsellor for the 3rd time today and was brutally honest with her..told her all about it and that I am now working on it! Was scared to speak it..but once it was out I felt..relieved,like now I'm finally being honest!
                So there it is! I have no...plan...no goals,other than to expel or the negativity (which includes AL) and start moving forward! I just wanted you all to know that.....I am okay, for the first time in A LONG TIME, I feel ready to take back the reigns of my life....
                Thankyou,The Nest!
                Chook (cluck)

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK everyone - OUT OF THE NEST AND INTO THE POOL!!! OverIt's 30-day challenge starts today... hurry on over to the new thread and SHOUT OUT YOUR COMMITMENT to 30 days!
                  My gym instructor always yells "We're strong - we can do this! And we are - right! So let's go, guys!
                  Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Coffee is on - along with the various goodies leftover from the Taco Truck. Luckily Fennel left me enough Diet Coke.

I just wanted to swoop in really quick and tell you all - thank you!! Thank you for being here. Thank you opening up your hearts and arms and wings & various appendages to me. Thank you for your wisdom. Thank you for helping me learn to travel down this AF road. Yes, I grumble a bit and have fallen down a few times. But, I am learning so much and I am getting myself up and brushed off because I want to. Big improvement. So, I just wanted to say thank you. You all mean so much to me. I am a quiet type person. But, I just wanted you all to know what an impact you are having in my life. You are all helping me learn how to be who I want to be. Thank you for being here.

Have a wonderful AF day/night everyone.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco - that pool better be HEATED! Chilly morning here!

Welcome Lakesider and congrats on both quitting the smokes and being here for day one
                      I may attempt giving up the cigarettes again, too. Apparently, my son is going to be on board this time as well. It's SO hard to do when there are still other smokers in the house. Mr. Wonderful and I managed to quit for about a month and then it fell apart.

ChickenLittle, you cluck so good! I'm very happy for you.
                      Lav, hang in there.. thinking of you lots. And, you know... you don't always have to be the sane, strong, wise one... if you need to vent and shout and jump up and down - DO IT! We're here to listen :l
                      Nora, how are the kitties.. isn't it time for a photo update? You sound well and well on your way - very happy for you.
                      Dancing - crossing fingers, toes, eyes for your mammo results :l
                      Hippy, glad you're feeling safe again.
                      Katie, sounds like you had a lovely evening with the wee one
                      MamaBear - how goes the battle? No phone call yet?

Well, nestlings, I better get going here. My darling son missed his school bus this morning (AGAIN) so my morning got a bit scrambled here. Have a fabby AF day, everyone!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning All,

A beautiful day in the neighborhood! A bit blustery but spring is blossoming and I am too!

KatieB: If one parent is intent on alienating the other, believe me they don?t even require a valid excuse. It was such a mind twist what this man would say and do to manipulate me, the kids and schedules. So yes, you do need to be on your bestest behaviour for you and your son. Not meaning to sound preachy, I just know the pain and confusion. There are sites regarding Parental Alienation Syndrome(PAS) that may give you some heads up. I haven?t given up on me K, that?s why I?m here. See you in the 30 thread!:h
                        Sunshine: Good on you for completing your taxes and on time even! :goodjob: I?m afraid I?ve got two years worth on my plate. The next 30 days should leave me with no excuses to neglect them.

Dancingon: Thank you for accepting my apology. That would definitely freak me out too! Either way. Hope your medical problem turns out to be insignificant. The liver is the most forgiving organ when we start to treat it kindly again.:huggy

Well I?m not hungover and I really need to get down to business?so no excuses?off I go to widdle away the piles of tasks I have to do. I know me too well though and I will be sitting here often reading. It does help even if through osmosis as someone said.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear::thankyou::happyheart:

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi everyone...i'm a very sporadic poster sorry. But...just anxious for Topa to get here in the mail. Woke up yesterday (after a weekend of drinking - ugh) and told myself "this is going to be an AF day!" But then by 3pm I was craving it bad. I had a bible study from 7-9pm and found myself wanting it to end so I could go home and have that glass of wine! So I did. Two glasses of wine, 2 beers. WHY??????????????

I wake up today and lay back on the guilt and shame. Someone tell me this will end when Topa gets here. Jeesh...tired of not having will power. I'm afraid I can't join the 30-days AF, I'd be lucky to get 3!

Sorry for the downer...tonight i hope to be AF - got lots of stuff to do with the kiddos.

MC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chook....you sound fabulous!!!!!! I am so tickled for you!!!!
                              Emcee....have you orded the supplements as well??
                              Sunni.....no phone call yet...just a typical corporate email saying "thank you for your interest, we will be getting back with you, blah, blah, blah" I HATE corporate America....so PC and chilly and unfriendly.....oh well....i'll keep on waiting!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, nesters! I didn't get much sleep again last night, so I'm feeling really tired but got lots to do today! Emcee, You can do this! I love your posts! MB, I hope you get a call today and you have the job! Welcome, Lakesider and Nomore! Nora and Chook, you sound great! Having a good attitude and determination is half the battle! Katie and RCedars, your children are so worth getting sober for! I drank and used drugs the whole time mine were growing up and I wish so bad I could take it back, as I see the problems they have now because of me. Dancing, praying that your mamo abnormalitis are nothing. Tranq, what a powerful and enlightening truth! Everyone else, so glad you're here. We are all on this journey together to get and stay sober! Hope you all have a GREAT day! Love, Vicki
                                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
                                X