Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello nestlings. ..having a great time on vacation, but missing the nest. Lav, you're sounding great. ..Mama, you're dang purty! I went and fetched that dead bunny off the bed for you...threw it down to the taco truck. Of course, the real cure for this issue would be allowing me to take little "Fluffy " and "Miss Kitty" down to the truck!

Nora, those kitties are so cute! Give them all little smoochies between their ears for me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Reply to pm from Jacq:

Thanks for noticing and your honesty too! That binge was my Sunday night. So I think recording 2 days af is being honest. Not counting hours here. I hope I never have to feel like that.

I am going to post a little more about myself in the Newbies Nest. Something I wrote to Stirly to help explain my situtation. I will find out soon enough if I am in denial about alcohol. That's why I'm here and jumping right in to the 30 day challenge.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. The situation with my kids is very complicated and would take a lot of explaining of events to understand how it got to the point of no communication. Dad was on a mission unbeknownst to me two years before I actually left—initially with my kids. It took a year and a half of manipulations to get them to choose one parent over the other and move back into the matrimonial home as he had refused to leave it.

What I can say with confidence is that my alcohol consumption had very little to do with it although he did make up stories and shared them with the kids to the point that they were recalling events that hadn’t even taken place. I know this is hard to understand. It took me several years after they all moved back into the matrimonial home—one by one—to realize this was brainwashing, emotional blackmail and in the end self preservation for my kids to ultimately choose loyalty to dad over trying to maintain a relationship with us both. Dad made It clear it had to be one or the other.

I was always the engaged, supportive parent prior to this. Dad was rarely involved. I rarely drank to excess during my years involved in parenting and my life did not revolve around alcohol. My kids saw me drunk once on a New Years’ Eve. It was because of the alienation and longing for my kids that my drinking started to be a real problem and escalated.

Yes I do have a business and a home that I have been neglecting due to the cycle I have been living with alcohol these last couple of years. I also lost my dearest and oldest friend 3 years ago very unexpectedly. You are right though, in that drinking the pain and loss away only creates more pain and loss in my life.

I have asked some friends if they would call me an alcoholic. The answer is they are concerned about my drinking alone but would not call me an alcoholic. I have done the moderation management test. I do believe I have abused alcohol in the past and certainly a lot more in the last couple of years to the unacceptable frequency of the last two months. But I am not ready to call myself an alcoholic.

I am jumping into the 30 day challenge in the Just Starting Out section here to gain a little more perspective on where I am and how I want to address my consumption. Back to moderation is my goal.

I hope that gives you a little more insight into where I am at Stirly and All.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fennel - welcome home!
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'd just like to take this opportunity to introduce Flip Top. Now, he is a man, but he is not wearing a leather skirt, so we do not have to run after him, do we, ladies?

So, please remain seated and give Flip Top a nice Welcome....without scaring him off....

Although, I suspect he does have rather nice legs...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, everyone! There are alot of nesters here! I am so happy to read about all the good reports. It's so good to see new faces here, too! Fennel, welcome home! Running, you can do this! We are all here to help you, so come to the nest INSTEAD of drinking! I am having a difficult time with not sleeping. I have so much to do this week as my kids are coming for the weekend and we are having a crawfish boil. I have never eaten them sober, so not really sure I even like them! But I am looking forward to visiting with my kids! Everyone will be drinking but me, so I am a little scared, but I know I can do this! Every time we choose not to give in to a temptation, our sobriety gets stronger and our addiction gets weaker so I am looking forward to that! I hope everyone has a GREAT day! Love you all, Vicki
              I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
              but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Excuse me, Americans, what's "Cooties"

I had a stomach bug over the weekend and Sunni said I had "Cooties"

But now Mama Bear says Flip Top has "Cooties"

Well, we're both English.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

GERMS...
                  The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spam;844750 wrote: I'd just like to take this opportunity to introduce Flip Top. Now, he is a man, but he is not wearing a leather skirt, so we do not have to run after him, do we, ladies?

So, please remain seated and give Flip Top a nice Welcome....without scaring him off....

Although, I suspect he does have rather nice legs...
                    WELCOME!!! :welcome:
                    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spam;844752 wrote: Excuse me, Americans, what's "Cooties"

I had a stomach bug over the weekend and Sunni said I had "Cooties"

But now Mama Bear says Flip Top has "Cooties"

Well, we're both English.....
                      "North American word for an imaginary disease which is used by children" Children will often accuse others of the opposite sex of having "cooties" - "Boy cooties" or "Girl cooties" - eewwww!!

But hey, cooties or no - everyone should be in the pool!!!
                      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

As children, and we did not want to play with someone, we told all they had cooties, but I never thought adults could get it, or girls for that matter. I guess we never do grow up. As my daughter used to say "Girls to to Mars to more chocolate bars, Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider", now my son would change it to his benefit. As an adult, I agree with my daughter, and I think they pick up cooties there.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters - I've just dried off from the pool and came to have a catch up I've been on my hols. Gosh there is so much you miss in one week so I will just say hi to all and its great to read so much humour, laughed more this afternoon than I did all last week

P
                          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All!
                            Just checking in on day 27! Hope everyone is happy, healthy and well!
                            xoxo
                            K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goooood Morning, Nestville!

Didn't get to check in last night... was out riding and didn't get home until after 10pm and then spent some time with my son. I was a bit worried before I left, since he hadn't come home from school on the bus and there was no phone call from him, saying where he was. Then, the school called (automated message) saying he missed his last 2 periods of the day. Well, he was there when I got home with a frightening story of a car accident (roll-over) after a lunch time hike on the trail (and on the way back to school) and the next thing he knew, he woke up at the hospital. Lots of x-rays, etc... but he's ok. The driver's mum came to the hospital and took both of them home.

Trouble is....
                              It's bullshit (pardon my French). Something didn't ring right from the beginning but I didn't say anything last night. NO hospital will treat you without your name, health card, etc... and I would imagine that since he is a minor, I would have received a phone call. So I called the hospital last night.. asking about the incident and whether I should drop his health card by today. Funny, there was no record. This morning, I stopped by the cop shop to inquire.. and guess what? No record. No MVA at all yesterday.

So... where do I go from here? He skipped school (again) which isn't that unusual or THAT serious, to make up such an elaborate story. So what was he REALLY doing?

I'm so at my wit's end with that boy :upset:

Anyways... That's my rant for the day. Will drop by later, hopefully in better mood!

Happy AF Tuesday, everyone!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sunshine, I have no advice. When I hear parents struggles with these things I sometimes think I've been blessed with no longer raising my kids. Who knows maybe I would have used that as an excuse to drink more??? JK....please don't go there! I sure hope you can get some honest dialogue going with him. Perhaps some counselling? I tried many times to get my bunch to go, but always met with refusal. The ex would actually allow them to drink at 15 and 16. Like a said twisted situation I was in. It sounds like you have a Mr. Wonderful in your life. Stay calm and united! Good luck!:h

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X