Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome Pipa,:welcome:
    You're off to a good start - a couple of days under your belt already!
    Like K9 says, read and post around the site, people will make you welcome,
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;861243 wrote: OMG stop talking about it!

I totally agree Coco.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello The Nest!

Well things have been up and down here,but more up than down!!!

Did the karaoke thing and drank my soda water,felt kind of 'out of the party mode',but was funy to watch the ones who were tying on a big night. Got dropped at the pub,so could not take our drinks (Non-al or other) in with us, had a few drinks,but sat on them quietly! Had fun,danced and laughed myself silly at my drunken friends falling about the place.

Took the b'day girl home (she mixed drinks big-time) and she was SOOOOOOOOOO hammered, that I felt like I had a virtual halo around my head...felt smug infact! and totally glad it wasn't me feeling like that.

Unfortunately, once home in my 'safe environment' I had a few drinks,then continued to do the same for the next two days.........dang it!
        But, I am now Day 3 AF.....and I know that I can go out,and have fun with my soda water mixers!!!!(My latest weapon!)

Thaks for all the kind thoughts and words folks, will check back in later so I can read up on the goings on in the nest. Got to go get the Chicks ready now and self for work!
        Bye for now

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Chook - Sounds like a fun time. I need to come up with some fun summer drinks.

:welcome::welcome:Welcome Pipaguila and Road to Recovery. Great to have you here. Grab a twig and settle in. Seems like things have been a little quiet here lately. Maybe I'm wrong. Oh well.

Fennel - I think you should call & complain again. AARRRGGGGHHHH

Sunni - I've been trying to come up with a plan. I've started jotting one down in my Nora's Journey thread. But, I'm struggling. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry that you've been having your own struggles.

Runningwind - was hoping you would be back this week. You are missed.

Well Nesters - I'm going to curl up over here in my velcro suit and say goodnight. It seems to be working lately so I don't want to take it off.

Sleep well all. Good morning to the other side of the world and good afternoon to the other side.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All!
            Yes Nora, it has been very quiet around here lately. Good to hear you are back feeling strong again.

Fennel I have the same problem, my server keeps telling me my prob is with my 'line provider' yet I pay my line rental to the server aaaaaagggghhh!!! Mine keeps dipping in and out mainly out at peek times which is a bit suspicious!

Morning Sunny, hope those horses and 'drink thoughts' are both behaving themselves!
            Morning HippyC, Runningwind - come back!
            Coco, we won't mention ice cold thingys, ooops I just mentioned ice cold thingys! no I won't mention ice cold thingys once more!!
            Hi to Pipa, K9, R2R, Lav, Tranqmissingman, Mama and all else to come.
            Heading out today shopping with daughter (God help me I'll be skint), she's 'emigrating' to Canada on June 3rd and I am going to miss her madly so spending as much time together as we can.
            Day 15 for me and feeling very strong. Have sleeping sickness tho - exact opposite to the way I normally am which is a bit strange, anyway see you all later
            Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

How's it nesties- hope everyone is doin well. I am on 16AF days today and i'm still really goin strong. Thanks to you all and the love and grace of God. My life has definately changed for the best. I can feel a massive change in myself. My resistance toward sober living is gone. I now welcome ever moment of it for i know that if i drank now i would surely die. Strength to all and God Bless.
              Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
              AF since 04th May 2010
              Fell overboard on the 8th July!
              My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
              :crazymonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hiya everyone

day 16. hmmm. feeling a tad blue today. going for a nice bubbly bath soon see if that can lift my spirits.

hope my fellow nesters are all doing well and sporting a nice clear head today.

welcome pipa to the nest.

have a lovely day everyone xx

gw:no:
                The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bravo Diz...I remember how down you were when you joined....Hi Pipa...welcome to our nest!!
                  Coco....i AM SO SORRY.......didn't mean to torment you
                  Come on NOra...you and I are gonna do this together...I am on Day 4
                  bravo Molly and buy me a present.....just surprise me

Poor Runningwind is going to admit herself to the hospital today.....I am sad for her, but she has been horribly depressed and is tired of fighting.....her husband is really sweet and supports her completely...she told me to let you all know, so say some prayers for her....

she told me she would call before she left, so I will keep you posted

Sunni....be strong my friend....you have always been an insporation to me....and I still want to come to Camp Sunshine
                  Chooks........we are here for you and I am glad you had a fun night out....this is a bit of a confessional box isn't it......
                  I love you all and keep Runningwind in your thoughts...
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popping in to say g'day at Molly's insistence .
                    I am still floating around here, never too far away. Just taking abit of a break.
                    Hope everyone is doing well and welcome to our newbies.
                    Take care everyone and stay strong.
                    As Meech says.... No regrets..
                    HC
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all..............

Thanks Mama for letting us know about Runningwind. I have been very concerned about her. Please give her my love.

Girly - Hope that the bubble bath fixes you right up. You need to pamper yourself.

Diz - that is fantastic that you have noticed a change in yourself. That is why we are all here. Great that you are feeling it. :goodjob:

Molly - have fun shopping. How long is she going to be gone? All summer? No wonder you are spending tons of time together.

Well - here are the bagels & coffee. I hope Fennel gets her connection fixed soon. I miss her.

Hello to everyone else!!!! I'll check in later.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey! Just back from shopping - I - am - exhausted!! Seriously tho we had a lovely trip and a nice lunch and chat and just relaxing now watching some appalling daughter programme on tele jeez for an intelligent girl she can watch some sh!!
                        Nora, her plan is to actually emigrate to Canada altogether. Her boyfriend went in April to get a job and an apartment, both of which he has managed and she just finished her finals and is joining him in 2 weeks. Having said that I don't think she has a notion of staying there forever, I think this is her adventure for a year or so, not sure about the boyfriend tho, I think he is there for the long haul. Anyway I try not to think too much about it, she is my only daughter and I will miss her madly, but its her life.
                        Talk to you all later
                        Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Sounds like most of you are doing well...good for you. I'm not. I had 7 beers yesterday. I was just going to have a couple but then bought a six pack and even though they didn't taste good, kept drinking - didn't want to lose the buzz. I am so tired of dragging myself down into this hole. And the funny thing was, it wasn't necessarily al that I was craving initially, just wanting to feel better and being frustrated that my regular antidepressant wasn't doing enough. Should have just gone home and meditated or something. I had 2 days af and this one wasn't quite as bad as the last one but I still feel awful and guilty and it's insane. Sorry to be a downer.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok folks - we have got to get this nest plumped up.

Hippy Chick - you had better get over here regularly now. If you are having problems, you should be here!/%&*#%$@! That is what the nest is for! Now you get your little Hippy self over here.

Fennel - Call that AT&T and tell them you have had enough and the Dos Gatos truck is on it's way to get them. And they will be sorry.

Coco - Come on and start waddling. We need some penguin action.

K9 - Good for you! Doing great.

Girly - you are doing great. Day at a time.

Ok folks - I expect to see this nest jumping when I get back.

Mama, Sunni, Lav, Tranq, Meech, Molly and everyone else that I'm forgetting because my boss is walking over. Let's get some Lavanatitude. :danthin::hug::cheering::banana:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon, nestlings

A bit of a somber day today here... 2 deaths on Monday (one VERY close to my heart) and another one yesterday... yes, it's natural and part of life, but still.. it just plain sucks :upset:

Called a good friend when I found out about one of the ladies passing (because I knew she would take it very hard) and found her in tears, not only over the sad news but also over her marriage.

To top of the bad news streak I just found out that the natives are planning blockades this weekend in protest of the impending HST in Ontario (I'm with them on the subject, not necessarily the action), which means I may NOT be able to get to my daughter's baby shower on Saturday, since there is only one way off the island going her way.

So, forgive me if I'll keep to myself for today. Strength and love to Runningwind - all you other ducklings be good, please.
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

:l:l(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sunni)))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))):l:l
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X