Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:thumbs::yay::wd::wd::bananacomputer::wave: Molly, You did it. Well done. Damn this time difference. I miss all the stress/fun/temptations..... This woman doesnt know the true meaning of "friend". You dont need her, we are your friends.... Even if we are only words on a flat screen. xx

Prancy - thought I knew you from somewhere? LOL....I actually had a lot of that. People coming up to me and talking to me like they knew me and it turned out that I had met them once in a black out and I couldnt remember. I even had someone ring me once and talk to me like we were old friends and to this day I have no idea where I knew them from.

Sk8 - I am a caffiene junky now, but I think out of the two, coffee is probably the better option!

OMG Bucks Fizz - we are showing our age! Has there been anyone good come out of the Eurovision song contest apart from ABBA? (I love them, I was a dancing queen alot - especially when drunk!)

I would just like to clarify a few things due to some of my recent posts and the content and nature of them. I was single until I was 32 so I had a lot of activities that involved single people. When I made the comments that I woke up next to strangers after drunken blackouts, they werent recent activities. Most of this occurred in my twenties. My blackout activities got more "sophisticated" the older I got (yeah right....) I know we all say there is no judgement here, and that is why I felt safe saying those things but even for me to read that is quite confronting. As i said last night, I am trying to let go of the past and for me that includes owning up to my history.

Now i will get off my soap box and get ready to take my daughter to kick some butt at her soccer/football game. They are still trying to win a game and it looks like this is the opportunity they have been waiting for. So have a sober Sunday for those of us who are in Sunday and I will see you all later.

Hipster
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

No Worries HC!! I'm pretty sure we all knew you were referring to your youth, not recent history!! Even if you weren't, you're right-we don't judge here. The important thing is that you are improving yourself and the life of your family by staying AF. Hope your daughter's team won their game!! RaRaRa!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Had a rotten night last night and drunk best part of two bottles of wine by myself - a lot even for me. The ex and I had an open home (trying to sell it) to which nobody came. Ex decided to stay and watch a DVD with my daughter, which was fine, but then he put on another one. I went shopping and started cooking dinner. When the movie finished, he stormed out (I later deduced he hoped to be invited to stay for dinner) and spent the rest of the night txting me messages that started off begging me to take him back and ended up calling me all sorts of names until I turned my phone off. I shouldn't have let it get to me, but I did, again. And no, the alcohol didn't help. I feel horrible and as it's a weekend the kids saw me drunk and talking nonsense. I am so fed up with myself. But I am crawling back up there again. I'm over drinking.
        Sorry to be so blah. Hang in there.

Comment

Newbies Nest

dancingon - it's not the falling down that gets us, it's the not getting up. I can't count the number of times I let a slip turn into a slide turn into a downward spiral. You're back up, that's what counts. Keep doing what your name says - dancingon!
          "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
          AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow. So many successes, so many slips. Fighting this AL is a b##itch! We just all need to stay strong together, support each other when we slide, and share secrets of success and dangers that cause slips. It's all part of the process. If it were easy, there would not be sites like this, nor AA, nor Rational Recovery, nor rehab, nor nor nor. it isn't easy but it is easier together.
            prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Dancingon. Keep visiting us. We are here for you. Next time he starts giving you the shits come here and someone will definitly talk you out of solving the problem with a bottle.
              As SoFlo said, just get back up and start again. There is no limit to "starting again". As long as you keep trying, that's the main thing.
              XX
              Hip
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes Prancy - it is easier together.
                Just wanted to tell everyone hi. Heading to bed now. My middle niece ended up with a temp of 102.4......had to call Mommy & Daddy to come pick her up. Just talked to my nephew to check on her & must be the stomach flu. Her temp spiked again and she threw up everything. The other two stayed here so hopefully, they don't get it. Anyway, sad.

Congrats Molly - good job!

Dancing - Know what you mean! Good for you to crawl back up. That's what we need to do.

Everyone else - hello and goodnight. :H

Just got another goodnight hug from my 4 year old nephew. Makes it all worthwhile not to drink. Good times.

Catch you all tomorrow.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks all.
                  I'm feeling more positive now. Had a good afternoon and kept the phone turned off.
                  Sorry about your little sick niece, Nora. You're right the kids are a good reason to be AF.
                  On another thread Sk8 quoted Yoda, something like "There's no such thing as try, there's only do."
                  I like that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to hear you sounding happier this morn Dancing, stress is such a big trigger isn't it. I wish they would invent a little harmless pill you could pop that just grabs that stress moment and then we can move on?! Back on the wagon and onwards!!
                    Hipster, certainly I understood what you meant - never suspected anything ontoward!!
                    Morning Prancy, Nora, Papm, Soflo, SK8, Panno, Spuds and all else who leant me support last night!

Really glad last night is over but am in a tantrum this morning!! Its my daughters birthday today and she is heading off to Canada on Thursday sort of indefinitely so we planned a really nice family day for today culminating in a family meal out in a nice posh restaurant this evening - well she went out with her mates last night and is STILL at a party (9 AM) in her friends house! She will come home like a tinker, tired and hungover for the day I could strangle her!! I've told hubbie if she's not home in the next hour I'm cancellin the restaurant. I will be so glad when this week is over and I'm back to work tomorrow - sick of the whole lot of them!!!!!
                    Morning all now that I've ranted, will check back in later when I've calmed down!
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Molly you certainly are being put through your paces this weekend, good for you for coming here and ranting and not picking that bottle up!! Daughters can be so selfish and thoughtless sometimes, I know I have 2 of them!!! Best to take deep breaths and go with the flow this time especially as she is flying off on Thursday, better to send her off on a good note, hope it turns out to be a good day :l

Dancingon so glad your feeling better :l

Nora hope the little one feeling better today. I have a 4 year old grandson who can be a little monster most of the time but every now and then I get a little kiss when I'm not expecting it and I love you granny and it makes my heart melt :h

Hi to everyone, hope you have a great Sunday :l
                      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

You're dead right Panno, thanks for calming me down, that's what I needed rather than being inflamed further!!!! Deep breathing as we speak!!
                        Lucky you being a granny, my Mum always said she got much more fun out of being a Gran cos she didn't have the same responsibilities and still got all the love!
                        Have a lovely day
                        Molly
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly it really is a cliche but your mum is dead right, I also have a grandaughter who I absolutely adore she gives me so much pleasure. I know its naughty of me but I can't help but think my daughter is about to get a taste of her own medicine :H:H she is coming up 11 and going into secondary school this year, I can already see the looks she gives her mum and the sighs and the tuts etc etc you know the score!!
                          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

yeah mollyka, well done, that is fantastic. was thining of you while i was watching 'dead poets society'. carpe diem, you siezed the day and did brilliantly.
                            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Just wanted to drop in & say hello!
                              So many newbies here - good to see

A lot of you know that I'm going through a very challenging time right now but I'm doing it AF!
                              I am grateful to be living a sober life, especially now. I feel secure knowing that my head is clear & on straight! My 'Lavan-itude' strengthens by the day

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Memorial Day weekend.
                              Hang in there Molly, daughters do mature & come to realize how important their Moms are to them!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All!! It's a gorgeous day here in NE but it will get hot hot hot very soon. I took the dogs to a new rail trail this morning but had to turn back after 1/2 mile due to the moster skeeters!! KNEW I should have brought the bug spray!! :hitmeid manage to jog part of the way back tho. Loving the new sneaks!!

Dancingon-so sorry about the situation with your Ex. Texting is so easy and anonymous and vile things can be said without any consequences. You could tell him that if he ever does that again you will block his texts and the only way he will be allowed to communicate with you is by phone (where you can hang up if he gets vile). I'm glad you picked yourself up and came back to the nest and let it all hang out. It's the only way we are going to learn once and for all that AL doesn't solve a damn thing and it only makes us feel like shit in the morning. Velcro yourself in real tight OK?

MollyK-I don't have daughters but I do see my 13 yo neice on a frequent basis and can't beleive how rude and condescending she is to my sister. I can't beleive I was ever like that but I guess it goes with the territory. Yes your daughter is being very selfish right now but she's also going through the pain of leaving her friends for an indefinite period and this was her last hurrah. I hope you do keep the dinner reservations or maybe change them to tomorrow or Tues if you can. Good luck and good job on not using AL to deal with this. So much better sober isn't it? Yeah, it would be nice to pop a pill that would ease the stress but it would just get us a addicted to something else right? I'm not good at meditating but I do love to go for walks or do anything active when I'm pissed off. I remember about 20 years ago I was playing adult ice hockey and always had my stuff with me in my office. I had just gotten my performance review back and something in it really sent me off the handle. I took a bunch of althletic tape ends and creamed those suckers into the woods outside my office with my hockey stick. Boy did I feel better!! Anyway, you're in the right place to rant and rave. Hang in there.

Lav-so good to "see" you!! You sound good and strong. I do hope closure of some sort is near for you so you can start living your life again. You are an inspiration to us all!!
                                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X