• Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning Gang!!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

HC- you are doing so well!! I'm so proud of you for dealing with this situation AF. If you can do this AF, you can do anything AF and stay AF right? Keep a keen eye out for your triggers and always have your plan ready for the day. We can't control what life throws at us but we CAN control how we deal with it. You are an inspiration!!

Hi MB-sorry you're under the weather but glad you had a nice time at the Lake House. *Sigh*. Lake House. Sounds divine to this city girl!!

Panno-keep that velcro on hon. You can do this-remember,the hour or
      two of buzz isn't worth the price of the hangover or the regret. Hope you are "cleaned out" by now and feeling more yourself

Hi Spinning-Day 5???

Hi to Molly,RC and everyone else hanging about the nest today.

Weather has changed for the worse this vacation week. I'm going to get a quick walk in with the dogs then get the basement ready (meaning kill the spiders!!) for our severe storms coming in late this afternoon. I'll be sober and ready to take on any emergency should it happen, unlike previous years.

Stay sober, stay strong fellow Nestlings!!

:l:l:l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone

Am sure labour pains were not this bad!!!!! OMG think a very healthy eating plan in future is on the cards

Keep hanging in on there everyone and thanks Papmom will be putting the velcro on tonight

My diet started today - lost approx 2lbs !!!
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning peepers!

Sorry, I went AWOL for a few days - GORGEOUS weather this past weekend (read, I'm up to my elbows in dirt) and riding lesson yesterday (which shouldn't take up the whole day but my 'ride' cancelled yet again, so I had to go get the horse trailer from my friend, load up Atlas, drive back, groom, tack, ride, then had to wait for her lesson to finish, gave him his shots, load up and drive back home). Phew. Oh.. and the last part of the trip with almost no brakes. GREAT feeling. NOT! Oh well, car is in to get fixed today since Mr. Wonderful has a very busy week as well - normally he would do it.

So, it's business as usual at camp sunshine! :H
          Now, I gotta go clean up dog sh*t (WHY do they have accidents ONLY on the carpet?!) - don't know what he got into last night but it obviously didn't agree with him.

Off I go... I'll try to pop in later and catch up with all your happenings over the weekend! Happy Tuesday!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning!

I'm glad we are starting a fresh month! (Enough said.)
            Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Coco ME TOO !!
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, my peeps...still trying to sort out my connection.

I have all the usual offerings today, plus something new...Kimchi!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day to all in the Newbie Nest! A new day, a new month, and hopefully, a new life! AF!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All. Day 5 AF for me today. I recently did 5 weeks AF then thought it might be nice to have a 'little' drink because it was lovely weather!!! It turned into 5 days of drinking Im ashamed to say. Ive really got to stick to it this time. Feel good today even though its rained all day. Heres to a sober June !
                    :lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spinning J;873911 wrote: Hi All. Day 5 AF for me today. I recently did 5 weeks AF then thought it might be nice to have a 'little' drink because it was lovely weather!!! It turned into 5 days of drinking Im ashamed to say. Ive really got to stick to it this time. Feel good today even though its rained all day. Heres to a sober June !
                      Sounds like my weekend. Here's to a new start!
                      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

I had a bogus weekend as well. Had a long talk with Mrs. Fennel. I've come to the conclusion that moderation is not in the cards for me, alas. Going to set a date for after my b-day. At least we have each other, and the nest...:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning to all!
                          Here's to a sober June.....we can do it!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on Day 61, K9!! You are an inspiration to all of us!

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;873927 wrote: I had a bogus weekend as well. Had a long talk with Mrs. Fennel. I've come to the conclusion that moderation is not in the cards for me, alas. Going to set a date for after my b-day. At least we have each other, and the nest...:h
                              Hi Fennel~
                              Good on you for figuring out that moderation is not for you. It's the same for me....*sigh*. I think you'll find abstinence (rather than moderation) is easier (once you get some time under your belt, of course). So good luck with your new AF plan...set that date and stick with it! You CAN do it...and we're here to help!
                              :h
                              K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;873927 wrote: I had a bogus weekend as well. Had a long talk with Mrs. Fennel. I've come to the conclusion that moderation is not in the cards for me, alas. Going to set a date for after my b-day. At least we have each other, and the nest...:h
                                I missed you Fennel. You & I will both be getting back around the same time. Guess we're going to have to make a commitment together. :l Not something that I wanted to admit but think I have to. :upset: I think K9 is right. Thanks K9.
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X